Can't beat the classics:

This will always be Makuta's theme to me:

The sythesized, mechanical parts of the music, sometimes violent, sometimes sinister and mysterious, alongside the tribal chanting more fitting for Mata Nui, is representitive of The Makuta as portrayed in MNOG, a bizarre entity that does not belong.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

I can't really think of a more polite way to say this, but anyone who is seriously constrained at MOCing because of the CCBS isn't trying very hard. I find it incredibly useful, simpler, and more expressive than the old system, and MOCs look more like actual toys than jumbled parts trying to form a cohesive whole.

When it comes to bionicle soundtracks, one I think is under rated is the theme from the game bionicle heroes.

It just feels so awesome. When the Matoran are enslaved and the nuva defeated, it seems all hope is lost, but then the inika show up to kick some megablocks while this plays in the background. If those new animations have music like this, I would watch just for that. (But even if the music sucks I'll watch them anyway)

This will always be Makuta's theme to me:

Thank you for bringing back memories. It's been a while since I listened to the full song.

When it comes to bionicle soundtracks, one I think is under rated is the theme from the game bionicle heroes.

It just feels so awesome. When the Matoran are enslaved and the nuva defeated, it seems all hope is lost, but then the inika show up to kick some megablocks while this plays in the background. If those new animations have music like this, I would watch just for that. (But even if the music sucks I'll watch them anyway)

Bionicle Heroes had a great soundtrack to begin with.

Anywho, on a different note, it occurred to me that Bio15 seems to be the first time in a while since we actually got action figures. Sure there was Brain Attack, but most of those lacked a certain finesse. Dragon Bolt's was good, but larger sets seem to get special treatment anyway. Last time in Constraction that I remember there being action functions (excluding special one-off cases like Icarax (one figure/titan in an entire wave), vehicles, and blasters) was probably... The Piraka? Light up eyes? And more notably was before that in 2005 with the Hordika arms and Visorak pincers.What I'm saying is, there hasn't been an entire wave/team of figures that have all had some kind of function. With the return of gear functions, true action figures are back.

Am I the only person who likes the GBA soundtrack for Bionicle Heroes? That version of the game had some music for the intro that would work pretty well for the theme of Makuta.

Also, the Temple of Light music would be perfect for a final boss of a 2015 Bionicle game, if they remastered it in it's entirety.

Thanks for this link, I'd forgotten how wonderful Bionicle Heroes's soundtrack is. Though my taste in games was quite undeveloped back when I first played it, I suspect I wouldn't have enjoyed it if not for its soundtrack.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

If anyone's interested, a guy who interned at LEGO a little while back (set designer for Tarix, actually) was given a "Bionicle Style Guide" as a parting gift, and recently he decided to show it to everyone. Lots of really cool stuff, including original Photoshop files for the logos, character art, etc. This is legit stuff, date last modified being March/April 2003 and everything. I can't get most of it to open on my Mac, but...

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/14948-bionicle-style-guide/page-4

Yeah, there's a lot of great stuff there. Some of the older 2002 stuff, especially, is really nice.

We uploaded a lot of it to BS01, so you can check Shine's uploads for the good stuff.

You know, Bionicle Heroes is a pretty underrated game overall. It had a great soundtrack (2015 Adrenaline Mode!!!), and even if it was very, very repetitive, it is still extremely fun. I pick it up from time to time, but have never been able to complete the game.....

It's a shame that Tarix is such an awful set, since the guy seems so very very cool.

Tarix was great! The blue and gold was beautiful, and he at least wasn't a TOTAL clone of the Inika build......*cough*Gelu, Gresh, Ackar*cough*

Edited by LN-01354

Tarix's build was pretty uninspired, but the aesthetic was fantastic. One of my favorite 2009 sets.

(that said, it seems a little strange they'd allow an intern to design an entire set, but hey, I've never been an intern there)

I want a Ta-Protector in the second wave called Takua.

I know that they won't, but they really should bring back Takanuva. I get that they can't repeat everything, but he was just a great character overall, and really, I'd take Takanuva over Makuta.

CCBS Takanuva? Funmetal Gunmetal and Trans-Gold color scheme? Shut up and take my money, Lego!! And if he was a titan..... :wub:

Oh, maybe Takanuva will be in the summer wave?!? (Probably not, but I can wish......)

No, at the current time isn't it confirmed they have no plans to bring back any characters other than the original Toa and Makuta?

Its incredibly likely they'll bring him back, given they do like to add additional ones like Rocka or... I forgot the green ninja's name in Ninjago, but him as well.

Yup, Llyod...and Laval, and Rocka of course. Remember that Lego's main goal is selling toys, and their constant use of gold in lines like Chima, Ninjago and HF itself shows that kids really do dig gold (pun not intended, but I had to keep it, sorry). It's one thing to bring entire teams of characters back (as much as I'd like to see some of them again..), but Takanuva is just one character who can nicely fill a large set slot (hopefully along something cooler than the Ussanui).

Am I the only person who likes the GBA soundtrack for Bionicle Heroes? That version of the game had some music for the intro that would work pretty well for the theme of Makuta.

Also, the Temple of Light music would be perfect for a final boss of a 2015 Bionicle game, if they remastered it in it's entirety.

Oh gods, this. I agree with everything. I loved that game.

Anyway,I'd like to se Takanuva back too, thoug maybe this time he'd just be Toa Takua?

The 2001 what? whole line? again, the vast majority of us don't have the 2015 sets yet, so we couldn't tell you.

Okay. I have misunderstood it, is there a way that the 2015 one will be better than the 2001 one? :tongue:

Yup, Llyod...and Laval, and Rocka of course. Remember that Lego's main goal is selling toys, and their constant use of gold in lines like Chima, Ninjago and HF itself shows that kids really do dig gold (pun not intended, but I had to keep it, sorry). It's one thing to bring entire teams of characters back (as much as I'd like to see some of them again..), but Takanuva is just one character who can nicely fill a large set slot (hopefully along something cooler than the Ussanui).

Laval? What are you talking about? Laval was there from the beginning.

Okay. I have misunderstood it, is there a way that the 2015 one will be better than the 2001 one? :tongue:

Poseable heads, elbows, knees and parts, knees and parts :tongue:

Edited by JayWalker