ok dorek, you were right. I like that new hau now. Still not into Lewa's though.

The Dorek is always right!

The Dorek is also dealing with high volumes of traffic on BS01's crappy server.

No but seriously I think Lewa's is the second most diverged from the original (Gali's excepted) so I get how some people might find it off. With Gali, it's pretty clear cut "like it or hate it".

Overall, I'm supremely stoked.

Lewa's is the one mask I still can't really get behind.

Ironically, it looks fine on his animated self.

Actually, ALL of the toa would look better if they were more like their animated forms. They even made the torso printing look less ridiculous.

I actually really like that Ekimu and Makuta seem to be smaller. It fits, I think.

The Dorek is always right!

Weren't you the one who was convinced that the original leaks were fake? ;)

I personally ADORE the new Miru, but I can see how people can dislike it. Oh and:

http://imgur.com/a/Coy18#7 link doesn't work, but I'm talking about the pic with Tahu and Fire P.

Looks like the Protectors and the Masters Toa don't really combine, it's more about the Protectors giving their weapons to their respective Toa. Since they aren't real combo models, I guess there's still hope for the Kaita.

And damn, the gearboxes make the Toa's shoulders look huge. They're integral to the Toa' look, I'll have to keep that in mind if I decide to remove the gear functions.

Edited by Shakar

Is that face Makuta's?

Nope. He's sleeping along with Ekimu.

Though I am interested in who it is.

Convinced, or playing the devil's advocate? Oh ho ho!

(a little of both)

Well played, well played!

I just realized how much I like that the Toa weren't featured in the video. Obviously they'll play an important role, but establishing a backstory/legend without even mentioning the year's main heroes feels pretty MNOG-ish to me. It really drives home that they're part of a bigger story.

Whoever found his mask of control and is using it on the skull spiders is my guess.

Seems like the mask of Ultimate Power to me...

Whoever found his mask of control and is using it on the skull spiders is my guess.

Either that or LOSS himself is wearing it and it is controlling him...

It does bear resemblance to the Mask of Ultimate Power (not that we've seen much of it..). I think it's pretty clear we'll see Makuta as a set this year. We need a big villain to battle, and LOSS isn't exactly.. intimidating. I think Makuta (almost wanted to say Teridax..) will be awake near the end of the year/first wave.

I think the other brother should have been called Mata Nui or Arthaka just for fan service's sake. It just seems to random for 7 key characters to return but to exclude the biggest of them all.

And are the villagers called Matoran? Cause apparently masks are still Kanohi and Toa are still Toa.

It look's like a skull spider to me. just take a closer look and you can see why.

If they were to just wake him up in the first year, why have him sleep at all?

The weirdest part about Ekimu is... he EERILY similar to Artakha. Why didn't they just give him that name? They kept Makuta, and all the toa, yet changed things like lewa' element, and Artakha's name. Do they want to call back to the old story or not?

Edited by Timeline15

The weirdest part about Ekimu is... he EERILY similar to Artakha. Why didn't they just give him that name? They kept Makuta, and all the toa, yet changed things like lewa' element, and Artakha's name. Do they want to call back to the old story or not?

So we have the OG6 Toa fighting against Makuta and searching for masks, and that's NOT enough callbacks? I appreciate new names, as long as they're restrained (which it sounds like they're going to be!).

I'm not complaining about the quantity, I'm complaining about the selectiveness which has seemingly no pattern to it.

I don't know, but we do need a bigger villain this year. And yes I'm so bummed about it not being Artakha.. I miss Mata Nui too. I can't get used to calling Makuta's brother Ekimu.

Am I the only one who thinks a clear Hau is a rather strange exclusive?

Don't get me wrong, I want it, but i'm not so sure it's because I have an interest in it, or because it's exclusive. It would look very odd on a character, I think those chrome gold masks would be far more interesting as exclusives.

Must you tempt me with things I can't have.

So did they show the golden masks at all at NYCC, aside from the solid gold versions?

Yes, they did

(Basically defunks any thoughts that the chrome masks are the gold ones.)

Oh man, imagine if they did those chrome gold masks like the Mr. Gold minifigure, randomly in some Toa sets...

I'm talking about the pic with Tahu and Fire P.

The Fire Protector looks so short and cute next to Tahu. I love that dwarf villager characters are back! I sometimes wish we had little robotic citizens in Hero Factory.

Ugh, just when we thought we would finally get trans-yellow. I really hope that's just poor photography and it's still yellow, though. Trans-lime wouldn't even make sense on Pohatu.

Anyway, despite that, these look awesome. Onua's trans-purple bones certainly make up for the lack of yellow in Pohatu. All of the Toa look great.

Don't get me wrong, I want it, but i'm not so sure it's because I have an interest in it, or because it's exclusive. It would look very odd on a character, I think those chrome gold masks would be far more interesting as exclusives.

It reminds me of this.

I think it's neat. And I'm pretty sure you won't see those chrome masks anywhere but NYCC and Ebay, by that I mean I would think they are exclusive too. Or just for display?

Oh man, imagine if they did those chrome gold masks like the Mr. Gold minifigure, randomly in some Toa sets...

Now that is a thought. Except having duplicates of minifigures is a lot different.

Edited by Floundie

Don't worry, the Clear Hau will probably be some major plot point, and you'll have to buy it for $500 on Ebay.