If Bionicle is coming back, I hope that there will be collectible masks. 2001 was one of the best years for the theme and it looks like there will be a few homages to the early years in these sets.

The shiny gold mask does look a bit like the Avsa.... Maybe it is supposed to be a new legendary mask, or perhaps a redesigned Ignika?

When I first saw Tahu I immediately thought about the video game version.

Now that TTV released an hour long video covering these, we actually have colors.... The leaker confirms the background is mainly green, hinting that this could possibly be on Bota Magna? We also got colors of some of the sets.... Here's what I know

Top two sets: Hard to tell.

Second row to the left: Lots of blue, presumably water element

Second row to the middle: Hard to tell.

Spider: Black and red with green background, appears to use the 2014 HF spike pieces.

Third row: Red lava surfer. No doubt Tahu.

Fourth row: White and gold, possibly Takanuva, but I think I see an Akaku...

This would be incredible! I hope the inspiration LEGO received from the Ninjago reboot inspired this. Surprised that they didn't modify the logo or change the name to suit the new receiving audience (kids who weren't around when this first existed).

However, it seems to keep the HF building system, which could make things a bit more interesting. Could be fake because of this, but LEGO seemed to imply when HF 2.0 came out that this was the system that they were going to use from then on, so it does have some credibility. And, as much as it looks like an Avsa, it is probably meant to be the Ignika, even if this entire thing was faked.

Possible flaws: The Lego logo is too flat against the side of the box. Tahu has a regular Hau, not a Hau Nuva!

Regardless, I hope this is real!

Jesus H. Christ. I'm too old to believe its a fake. After two years of non-buying Lego sets there is a chance that I will spent some money on it soon...

I don't know how about you but I see there 7 sets. The second guy from the top looks like Gresh and the second guy from the end looks like Toa Ignika with some kind of a desk like in 2008.

The set in the bottom reminds me of Matoro Inika. Could it be possible?

Yes but the difference between this and outlaws is that the guy who made outlaws said himself it was just a fan made thing.

And yet people still thought it was real.

Tahu lost his Nuva form, remember?

That was purely a marketing gimmick to make it possible to release Tahu in his original form as a fanservice in the last wave (COLLECT THE GOLDEN BIONICLE... oh boy). I think they will change him back to nuva or completely reboot the theme. I think -or hope- that the oddness of the last waves won't affect this new (possibly fake) theme that much. Toa Mata leading group of Toa Nuva would not make much sense.

As mentioned before, the one in the top does look a lot like video game Tahu Nuva. Could be coincidence, but still...

The in-game model only has two fingers, the leaked image shows more.

The in-game model only has two fingers, the leaked image shows more.

I was about to point out the same thing. And since the hand is the single most recognizable part of the image I very strongly doubt it would be based on an image from BIONICLE: The Game.

However, I have frequently pointed out that the character models in BIONICLE: The Game did bear very strong resemblance to the CCBS in terms of their broad, smooth armored surfaces and beefy shapes, so a coincidental similarity between new BIONICLE sets and the BIONICLE: The Game character models is entirely plausible. Just look at how much Tahu Nuva's chest in the game version has in common with a Super Heroes chest plate.

It should be noted that some people have apparently been instructed by LEGO to take these images down. Either someone is impersonating the LEGO Group's legal department, the people voluntarily taking the images down are in on the hoax, or there is no hoax and the images are real. I highly doubt that LEGO's legal department has enough spare time to demand people take down new product "leaks" that they know to be fake.

Hello All,

Can someone with a very sharp eye help me to determine whether or not this supposed Bionicle 2015 image is fake? It has been hinted on several sites, LEGO designers have mentioned a new 2015 Action Figure theme, but we have had no solid proof until this image. Please help decipher whether or not it is fake...

Thanks so much!

Edited by VBBN
Removed leaked photo

It should be noted that some people have apparently been instructed by LEGO to take these images down. Either someone is impersonating the LEGO Group's legal department, the people voluntarily taking the images down are in on the hoax, or there is no hoax and the images are real. I highly doubt that LEGO's legal department has enough spare time to demand people take down new product "leaks" that they know to be fake.

So does that mean we have more evidence suggesting these images are real? I guess so. If Lego is requesting these images be removed, it just adds to the realism of the photos. You're right, Lego taking out hoax pictures would be impractical and a waste of time.... Maybe these images are real after all. Hopefully they aren't participating in the hoax. Only time will tell.

Edited by Zenerius

Hello All,

Can someone with a very sharp eye help me to determine whether or not this supposed Bionicle 2015 image is fake? It has been hinted on several sites, LEGO designers have mentioned a new 2015 Action Figure theme, but we have had no solid proof until this image. Please help decipher whether or not it is fake...

Thanks so much!

Legozebra I have removed the image you posted, please do not directly post leaked photos. It has hale easy been linked to and is being discussed in the 2015 rumors thread, please continue discussion there.

VBBN

I was about to point out the same thing. And since the hand is the single most recognizable part of the image I very strongly doubt it would be based on an image from BIONICLE: The Game.

However, I have frequently pointed out that the character models in BIONICLE: The Game did bear very strong resemblance to the CCBS in terms of their broad, smooth armored surfaces and beefy shapes, so a coincidental similarity between new BIONICLE sets and the BIONICLE: The Game character models is entirely plausible. Just look at how much Tahu Nuva's chest in the game version has in common with a Super Heroes chest plate.

I have yet to hear of LEGO directly contacting anybody; all I have seen are people taking it down so that the leaker "doesn't get in trouble" or board officials reinforcing their usual policy of "if it is actually leaked, we don't want it here".

(which is exactly what a hoax-maker would count on)

I have yet to hear of LEGO directly contacting anybody; all I have seen are people taking it down so that the leaker "doesn't get in trouble" or board officials reinforcing their usual policy of "if it is actually leaked, we don't want it here".

(which is exactly what a hoax-maker would count on)

Exxtrooper on Flickr claims to have taken the picture down specifically on request from LEGO, and claims that people on Tumblr have received similar requests. You know me; I'm not one to make wild assumptions.

Legozebra I have removed the image you posted, please do not directly post leaked photos. It has hale easy been linked to and is being discussed in the 2015 rumors thread, please continue discussion there.

VBBN

Sorry about that, I didn't see.

Exxtrooper on Flickr claims to have taken the picture down specifically on request from LEGO, and claims that people on Tumblr have received similar requests. You know me; I'm not one to make wild assumptions.

If LEGO has asked them to take it down, there must be a reason...

THE PLOT THICKENS.......

True, true, but general confusion does have a way of getting around (and I wouldn't call tumblr the most trustworthy source :U); can't blame a guy for being skeptical.

LEGO making the request certainly does liven things up, if indeed that's the case.

That said, was the "new constraction theme in 2015" actually ever confirmed? I see people throwing it out now and I thought that was still technically a rumor.

That's like half of evidence needed. :grin:

Edited by Krulis

^A wild trooper appears!

To clarify, I was notified by flickr staff to take the picture down.

I've been contacted by flickr staff before in terms of taking down images, they actually have very strict guidelines as to what you're allowed to post on there, they just lack regular moderation which is usually why request happens more often than action. The notification I got was very similar to the messages I've gotten in the past, procedure was pretty much identical.

Therefore I have no sort of contact information from whom wished the image should be taken down, I just did as they said as the last thing I'd want to happen is to have my entire stream taken down.

Just wanted to clarify this, I got messages asking about contact information.

Edited by exxtrooper

True, true, but general confusion does have a way of getting around (and I wouldn't call tumblr the most trustworthy source :U); can't blame a guy for being skeptical.

LEGO making the request certainly does liven things up, if indeed that's the case.

That said, was the "new constraction theme in 2015" actually ever confirmed? I see people throwing it out now and I thought that was still technically a rumor.

Unless you think Asger Johansen lied on his own resume, then yes, the first we ever heard of it was clear confirmation. For the record, his resume has correctly foreshadowed other themes in the past, such as last year's LEGO Castle reboot (which he originally listed among his current projects as "a new take on a LEGO classic for 2013")

And alright, Exxtrooper, thanks for the clarification. I guess if Flickr doesn't require any proof of identity from people making copyright claims then it could be an anonymous troll. Still, I'm inclined to believe the legitimacy of the post. It looks plenty believable to me, and I'm not afraid of being proven wrong.

Edited by Aanchir

And alright, Exxtrooper, thanks for the clarification. I guess if Flickr doesn't require any proof of identity from people making copyright claims then it could be an anonymous troll. Still, I'm inclined to believe the legitimacy of the post. It looks plenty believable to me, and I'm not afraid of being proven wrong.

I know, and I'm on the same page here, from most point of views so far this far more legitimate than a simple hoax.

The reason behind the clarification was the messages regarding contact information, which was a request I'm unable to fulfill as evidenced.

Take into account this has happend before, Dano had a flickr account for over 5 years on flickr. Almost every year he was the first to post leaked images and news regarding lego themes, it was more or less the second purpose of his stream. Though in 2011 or so (I think it was? don't quote me on that) his entire stream got taken down by flickr staff for posting such images. The only thing in his stream was leaked images and his own creations, nothing else that could contribute to any sort of reason as to why his stream would be taken down. This is why he goes by that name for that matter, I linked to his second account for the curious.

Every since then leaked images of the most brutal kind at least has been taken down regularly, which is one reason why I stopped posting them, though sort of went out of my shell for a minute there to post Bionicle as I was quite excited there. I don't want anymore strikes on my stream so didn't even question the demand, I'm glad my stream is still up and running after almost 6 years.

This is the reason why I do think it's very legitimate, or more the big spark as to why I started believing.

Also half life 3 confirmed.

Also half life 3 confirmed.

You stole those words right from my mouth. You spoony bard!

Anyway.... I guess that gives us more evidence the fact that the leaked image was taken down. Man, the plot just keeps thickening, doesn't it?

Oh yeah, that's what started it. Couldn't remember.

Anyhow, that's basically my point; in this case, it wasn't directly LEGO. Misinformation is easy to spread amid confusion. I don't really see much in the way of anything happening, just a bunch of people who have no idea what's going on. I'd love to be proven wrong, but all of this points to an easy-to-pull-off prank.

Maybe we should all just join up in a live chatroom or something to talk about this. Sounds much more convenient rather than plaguing the forums about our rants and speculation :grin:

Edited by Zenerius