£1.36 for one mask. Wowzer.

Is that a good wowzer or a bad wowzer?

Edited by Junior Shark

Double post, but Toys R Us has all the 2015 sets on sale. There's some good deals, like dirt-cheap Protectors and $10 off Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder.

Double post, but Toys R Us has all the 2015 sets on sale. There's some good deals, like dirt-cheap Protectors and $10 off Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder.

What sort of dirt cheap? I would be interested in grabbing a couple extra Nilkuu's for parts.

$5.98.

Dang, if it is in store sale it would be hard to find them... I still am missing half of the Protectors (although admittedly I am content with the group I have...)

Im a bit late, but I just got MmvSG and it is awesome! I love Ekimu with his legendary mask

Yeah, that set's dope! Kulta is my fave Skull warrior. Though I found that there wasn't enough resistance to keep his arms from not falling down, so I added another gear into his shoulders.

^I have PoS and PoI... I really liked PoS, but PoI is pretty forgettable.

Now, if only my Target ever actually had the creatures...

I actually really liked Protector of Ice a lot more than I originally expected to. The bulky shoulder armor really achieves the same sort of bundled-up look Kopaka had, and the lack of forearms didn't really bother me like it did on Protector of Fire since the arms are a more reasonable length relative to the torso.

I bought myself a Protector of Ice a few days back at the Lego Store in Anaheim California. It was amazing, they had a lot of 2015 sets from all themes; including most of the Protectors. Now the only two Protectors I don't own are the Jungle and Stone ones; but I figure someday I'll just Bricklink them since the only unique pieces to them is the masks (and due to a small Bricklink mistake I already own the Protector of Stone's Mask!)

I will have to give my Protector of Ice proper wrists though. I can't believe they used the same stupid wrist design on both Narmoto's and the PoI.

Edited by xboxtravis7992

Wow; I just got the last copy of the Protector of Stone in a local store. If I manage to get the Protector of Jungle and LoSS somehow then I'll end up having the entire 2015 Winter Wave! :classic: Just gotta avoid them online scalpers...

EDIT: And now I just found a Bricklink seller offering the Hero Pack for $0.30 with no set minimum purchase. Wow. Assuming shipping isn't more than a dollar or two; today must be my lucky day...

Edited by xboxtravis7992

Wow; I just got the last copy of the Protector of Stone in a local store. If I manage to get the Protector of Jungle and LoSS somehow then I'll end up having the entire 2015 Winter Wave! :classic: Just gotta avoid them online scalpers...

EDIT: And now I just found a Bricklink seller offering the Hero Pack for $0.30 with no set minimum purchase. Wow. Assuming shipping isn't more than a dollar or two; today must be my lucky day...

They are still selling all the protectors at my local Walgreens for some reason. If you're looking for protectors I recommend going to one.

They are still selling all the protectors at my local Walgreens for some reason. If you're looking for protectors I recommend going to one.

Heh, a Walgreens near me when I was at college three years ago still had some 2010 Hero Factory villain sets. I guess maybe pharmacies/drug stores aren't as worried about clearing out old toys to make room for new ones as toy stores or department stores.

Yes my Protector of Stone came from a Walgreens :)

Bricklink seller hasn't sent me an invoice yet for that $0.30 hero pack, so it might be a dud :(

EDIT; Got a hold of Bricklink seller; shipping was a lot higher than the item of course but it is still a cheap $2.75. Exclusive mask here I come.

EDIT 7-13-16: I don't want to bump the thread so I'll just say it here. I got a copy of the Protector of Jungle and the Hero Pack. That Trans Orange Mask of Fire is WONDERFUL. Makes me wish the Toa came with full translucent masks instead of gold masks. The only Winter 2015 sets I lack now is LoSS and the Trans Blue Mask of Water. Since I don't want to sell my kidney to buy the Water mask, I will be content with just getting LoSS someday.

Edit 8-9-16: Again to avoid necromancing an old thread, I finally got LoSS. My Winter 2015 collection is complete! Time to chase down the Summer 2015 sets before they are all gone. I just need Scorpio, Basher, Slicer, and the Villain Pack (if I can even find it?) to call the year good!

Edited by xboxtravis7992

Some G2-related documents recently surfaced on BMP. It's mostly hi-res product images and visuals (including box templates, if anyone would like to create their own Bionicle box), but the most interesting, to me, is the story bible : it confirms that the G1 and the G2 are linked through the Vahi, and states that the Great Beings themselves created Okoto. It also confirms that the Mask of Ultimate Power was supposed to be released in 2017, had Lego followed through their initial plan.

Interesting... Gave a look at the Story Bible. Mostly stuff we knew aside from the Mask of Time. Anywho, here's the quote from the Bible about that:

We want to draw from the original [initial] plot of BIONICLE®, but not to be limited by it. We’re going to achieve this with the following trick. The original story involved the Mask of Time, which granted its owner the ability to alter the flow of time. But the Mask of Time was a half-mask. 

Here is our trick: the second half of the Mask of Time is located on the island of Okoto. The six Protectors use it to summon the Toa.  

We believe it will be enough to link the two plotlines and awaken the imagination of the longtime fans. With this, we encourage them to come up with their own explanation. What exactly “happened” is not important to us, but we need this trick, because it allows us to tell the story of BIONICLE® anew. 

Thus we’ve come to “the beginning”, but the circumstances have changed. The characters are the same, but the island and the plot have changed.  

This allows us to achieve three goals: 

1: We’ve come up with a new beginning, “not burdened” by what happened in the past.  

2: Using the mask known to longtime fans, we support [maintain, encourage] their interest – encouraging them to fill in the blanks and come up with the story that links the two worlds of BIONICLE®.  

3: We can use the treasure trove of previously created content, but do it dynamically. We can use it as a source of inspiration without getting bogged down in the details. 

Personal thoughts of mine:

To be blunt... I think this was a bad idea. Especially the line, "What exactly 'happened' is not important to us...". To me, part of what makes Bionicle "Bionicle" is its involved lore. Pretty much everything has been explained in G1 in regards to how the universe functions. By not explaining how the Vahi comes into play, it goes against the essence of Bionicle in my eyes. And if the two lines are going to be connected, then G2, in essence, becomes an extension of G1's story, and I feel needs to live up to its quality. 

Moreover, this whole "half a mask" bit annoys me, too. It was never half a mask to start with. Sure, it looks like one, but a top half never existed, nor was one intended. Which makes the mask's involvement feel like a paper-thin excuse to connect the two stories. At the end of the day, I feel it'd have been better to have just made G2 its own thing. I mean, if you didn't want to be restricted by the original's lore, why bother trying to connect them at all?

I'm not saying G2 needed a deep plot (at least not as deep as G1's) in order to be good. Heck, I enjoyed G2's story for the most part. But as I said, tying the two together, no matter in how small of a way, makes me feel G2 needs to live up to expectations. 

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Cool that we got this material at all, but... Just gotta vent a little.