Got my Skull Villain sets today and after applying the mods I had in mind for them. I realize just how much bigger Skull Scorpion looks compared to the others.

If I had to rate them. I go

Skull Grinder

Skull Scorpio

Skull Warrior

Skull Slicer

Skull Basher

Is that worst to best, or best to worst? Hard to get a bead on any consensus these days =P

Do we know who made the Mask of Creation? I mean, Ekimu would be the obvious answer, but I haven't read that anywhere. Also the same applies for Makuta's mask, did he make it himself?

Do we know who made the Mask of Creation? I mean, Ekimu would be the obvious answer, but I haven't read that anywhere. Also the same applies for Makuta's mask, did he make it himself?

The TTV guys that went to NYCC last year were told that the mask wernt' made by Ekimu and Makuta or a least implied that they weren't made by them. Great Beings perhaps? IDK. I've got a whole theory in my head about the past events of this gen of Bionicle. Read on to see what I think:
    • Great war between Great beings and Velika (girl in this universe)
    • Great Beings made Mask of Creation and Control
    • Toa (not current ones) Were trained as warriors for Great War
    • The original MoUP (made from other elements that are now gone presumably) used by Velika to rule world
    • Mega Continent (contained the other elements like Plasma, Lightning, ect)
    • The original MoUP destroyed but in turn destroyed Mega Continent and the inhabitants associated with those elements
    • Six new Toa are made from Okoto's Elements to one day Defeat Velika if she ever escapes
    • Then the "No more than one Element mask" Law was put in place
    • Ekimu and Makuta become Mask Makers
    • Great Beings left planet
    • Velika sealed away into Okoto's Elements (Explains new MoUP being sentient)

This is just a theory I had that I wanted to share. :blush:

Edited by Phoenix_Flare

or a least implied

That's the correct phrase to use, yeah. No concrete info was said either way. Kahi merely asked who made Ekimu and Makuta's masks and the response was something along the lines of "That's a very interesting question."

I just thought of something: For the second chapter book, Revenge of the Skull Spiders, what if some of the Toa get controlled by them? Perfect opportunity to see Onua saving Lewa action. And Onua's fear of heights could play a part being in the Region of Jungle too! just wishful thinking is all :grin:

And Onua's fear of heights could play a part being in the Region of Jungle too! just wishful thinking is all :grin:

You may not want to bank too much on the cover art representing the setting. The older books also used stock images for covers, and they generally had little to do with book content, especially as far as setting.

You may not want to bank too much on the cover art representing the setting. The older books also used stock images for covers, and they generally had little to do with book content, especially as far as setting.

I'm not banking on the cover art, I was more banking on the title of the book. I'm just predicting that the Skull Spiders take control of some of the Toa. It's just mere speculation from the title alone, seeing how the Toa completely owned the Skull Spiders earlier this year. :wink: Edited by Phoenix_Flare

-snip-

"We mentioned Mata Nui; we were given an acknowledgement but no further information on him in the Nuvaverse." - source

I know its been a while, however could you clarify what you/TTV meant by this and in what form it was acknowledged. Wondering if there is any possibility that the creator's masks may have been made by Mata Nui

Edited by Scarilian

"We mentioned Mata Nui; we were given an acknowledgement but no further information on him in the Nuvaverse." - source

I know its been a while, however could you clarify what you/TTV meant by this and in what form it was acknowledged. Wondering if there is any possibility that the creator's masks may have been made by Mata Nui

No, there was no indication that Mata Nui exists in the "Nuvaverse" or will have any role in G2, hence the "no further information" line. We mentioned Mata Nui, and the fact that the name "Makuta" got carried over into G2 but "Mata Nui" did not. I don't remember the exact wording, but the response we got was like "Yeah, Mata Nui sure was a very important character in the old line. This time around, Makuta's brother is Ekimu."

Nothing of any merit, just an acknowledgment of his existence and a nod towards his prior importance. :P

Edited by Mesonak

After seeing ep 11 of the webisodes, I'm willing to bet that the "Hammer Flush" is how Ekimu will defeat Kulta. The LEGO guys are suspiciously pushing this arena game (Website and Eps). Or maybe this confirms the Action Figure Game coming back! YAY!

They really need a better name than "Hammer Flush". I can't help but crack up saying it! LOL

Edited by Phoenix_Flare

After seeing ep 11 of the webisodes, I'm willing to bet that the "Hammer Flush" is how Ekimu will defeat Kulta. The LEGO guys are suspiciously pushing this arena game (Website and Eps). Or maybe this confirms the Action Figure Game coming back! YAY!

They really need a better name than "Hammer Flush". I can't help but crack up saying it! LOL

"Hammer Flush"? Did I miss something?

By "Action Figure Game" do you mean the Glatorian fighting thingy you could do if you had two Glatorian?

"Hammer Flush"? Did I miss something?

On the Arena page on the website, there's a little info about a game called "Hammer Flush". Not much is known about it, except it was once a very popular game on Okoto, Slicer is *supposedly* a champion of the game, and that it involves trying to....hit pillars? We honestly don't know.

What it looks like to me from the depiction Lewa was looking at is that the players hop around through obstacles and the rising/falling pillar floor to reach the center, where there is a smaller pillar sticking out of a central, normal-sized pillar. The player who hits the smaller pillar with his hammer and makes it flush with the pillar it is sticking out of is the winner. Ergo "Hammer Flush."

No, there was no indication that Mata Nui exists in the "Nuvaverse" or will have any role in G2, hence the "no further information" line. We mentioned Mata Nui, and the fact that the name "Makuta" got carried over into G2 but "Mata Nui" did not. I don't remember the exact wording, but the response we got was like "Yeah, Mata Nui sure was a very important character in the old line. This time around, Makuta's brother is Ekimu."

Nothing of any merit, just an acknowledgment of his existence and a nod towards his prior importance. :P

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification :)

Personally i thought Onua would use his hammer and hit the pillar to make Skull Slicer fall or lose Lewa's mask - given Slicer seems to be associated with the arena and Onua is the only toa with a hammer...

Ekimu not getting his hammer back until during the battle with Kulta - not sure if the defeat is related to hammer flush

Edited by Scarilian

What the hell does it even mean "hammer flush"? Like in "flushing the toilet with an hammer"? :laugh_hard: :laugh_hard:

Or maybe a reference to poker and other playing card games, like "royal flush."

Yeah, I know about royal flush, but this makes the meaning even more obscure to me.

What the hell does it even mean "hammer flush"? Like in "flushing the toilet with an hammer"? :laugh_hard: :laugh_hard:

Use a hammer to hit a pillar and make it flush with the ground. Hence hammer flush.

Yeah, I know about royal flush, but this makes the meaning even more obscure to me.

Is it obscure, though? Many different uses of the word "flush" are appropriate in games and moves.

Also, in fiction where so much is just made up nonsense, I have to commend the effort to educate young children in homonyms and word meanings.

Anyways, what's the next evolution of the "action figure building system" after CCBS? I'm thinking TLG will try to integrate more system elements, such as new ways to attach armor and new types of limbs via blocks. We're already seeing it with some of the SW figures.

Edited by Nekchir

Anyways, what's the next evolution of the "action figure building system" after CCBS? I'm thinking TLG will try to integrate more system elements, such as new ways to attach armor and new types of limbs via blocks. We're already seeing it with some of the SW figures.

I hope not. I don't collect system at all so that might call the end of my constraction collecting. My opinions only. But let's keep things technic.

It wouldn't be all too surprising.. The smooth look of CCBS and what System elements they've used on the Star Wars figures don't clash whatsoever. Although, I am a system and CCBS fan, so this may be why I'm not so opposed to the change. However, I expect to see more Technic introduced as time goes on. Be it custom body builds or different functions.

I think there won't be an 'after CCBS'. CCBS was designed from the ground up to be a unified and lasting system for Constraction themes. It's here to stay, and I doubt it will be discontinued in any reasonable sense, only more parts added to the catalog. Are you thinking something along the lines of the changeover to 'studless' parts in Technic? That's far more likely.

I think there won't be an 'after CCBS'. CCBS was designed from the ground up to be a unified and lasting system for Constraction themes. It's here to stay, and I doubt it will be discontinued in any reasonable sense, only more parts added to the catalog. Are you thinking something along the lines of the changeover to 'studless' parts in Technic? That's far more likely.

I meant an evolution of CCBS not a replacement-- lets be honest. It's not going to be around forever in its traditional form.

I'm talking about using legit studs to attach different armor pieces and bricks. like I said, the Star Wars figures already incorporate it in a small way.

Edited by Nekchir