Just thought of something... There's all the talk of how Ekimu and Makuta are just villagers, but then what element tribes are they from...?

I don't see how it would matter, myself. The villagers seem to have no elemental affinities beyond acclimation to their village locations, so I suppose that all the villagers are of the same race, and simply wear different types of armor based on the necessities of climate, utility, and camouflage.

Because of this, I don't think that their home tribes would make any difference in their abilities, other than whatever skills they may have learned which were required to survive in their home environments.

I don't see how it would matter, myself. The villagers seem to have no elemental affinities beyond acclimation to their village locations, so I suppose that all the villagers are of the same race, and simply wear different types of armor based on the necessities of climate, utility, and camouflage.

Because of this, I don't think that their home tribes would make any difference in their abilities, other than whatever skills they may have learned which were required to survive in their home environments.

Oh! That's a new way to think of it... I need to stop classifying them as Ta-Matoran species in that case, if it's true...

Well, from episode 10 I got the impression that they are like idiots. "This feels like a trap" - steps on trap mechanism (but shit happens so yeah, plausible). Lewa just flies away and disappears. Onua destroys the whole area including a bridge.

Are there any other media or will there be any? (books, comics,...) I didn't check this thread in about half a year so sorry.

Are there any other media or will there be any? (books, comics,...) I didn't check this thread in about half a year so sorry.

Well, the original Toa's reaction to becoming Toa Nuva was essentially "yo, we've defeated the Bohrok, we're super-powerful! To heck with teamwork!"

Cue the Kal coming along and stealing their powers.

Well, from episode 10 I got the impression that they are like idiots. "This feels like a trap" - steps on trap mechanism (but shit happens so yeah, plausible). Lewa just flies away and disappears. Onua destroys the whole area including a bridge.

Books with a lot of story material coming in a few weeks... The names of protectors are in it among other things...

Well, to be fair at this stage they are amnesiac's who have probably had less than a week to adapt to Okoto. The only information they've been told is how 'awesome' they are and how important they are - but nobody has really given them any training or anything.

As for Lewa, he is scouting ahead to see what was beyond that wall because the other Toa were wondering what was behind the wall. Its actually a smart tactic to know what would be behind the wall before you take the wall down.

Just thought of something... There's all the talk of how Ekimu and Makuta are just villagers, but then what element tribes are they from...?

Well, Ekimu is likely from the Earth elemental tribe.

The animations show after he is resurrected that his gold armour has seemingly faded away showing the black underneath over time

Cannot speak for Makuta, though i'd guess he would be the same given they are 'brothers'

Edited by Scarilian

The animations show after he is resurrected that his gold armour has seemingly faded away showing the black underneath over time

Cannot speak for Makuta, though i'd guess he would be the same given they are 'brothers'

If their trans parts are anything to go by, I'd say Ekimu's from either Water or Ice and Makuta's from Earth.

But you do bring up an interesting point about them being brothers, so they could potentially be from the same tribe. But is it not possible that members from different tribes could have offspring?

I doubt that we'll ever get official confirmation, but it's fun to speculate.

I don't think they were really a part of any tribe, since they lived in their castle Forge in a multi-tribal city (at least I'm guessing it is) and not any region. My theory is the tribes in Okoto are defined by bloodlines orginating from the first protecters.

Mata Nui is the mask maker's father

Edited by Dr_Chronos

I'm pretty sure it's rust. Although, it would be interesting to learn that Ekimu's just a fraud who uses gold spray-paint to make himself seem better than everyone else. XD

My guess is Ekimu and Makuta aren't from the six main tribes; either they belong to an unknown seventh tribe (which might be affiliated to abstract concepts such as Creation and Control) or they belong to another species entirely that precedes the Islanders.

My guess is Ekimu and Makuta aren't from the six main tribes; either they belong to an unknown seventh tribe (which might be affiliated to abstract concepts such as Creation and Control) or they belong to another species entirely that precedes the Islanders.

Well Ekimu wen't comatose and rotted away. Makuta possibly had the same faith. It's just weird that it seems that after Ekimu's death his body started to echo the Prophecy of heroes and the possibility that Makuta became a wandering evil spirit that they are not same species as the villagers as they can't really "die". I like to think that Kulta and Makuta plotted against Ekimu ages ago but the plan was a total fail and Kulta stayed alive because he had studied necromancy and was something you could compare to Rasputin.

I wan't to see Ekimu's and Makuta's backstory. I don't like that he did it all only because he was envious of his brother, I hope there's more to it, even something that could make Ekimu's character gray.

Edited by GK733

It's worth noting that every one of the mini comics so far has had an analogue in the mainline story except for the Lord of Skull Spiders one. Its entirely possible they just needed to come up with something original to show him in a situation where he actually wins, but I think it's also worth noting that, if you look at the first panel, the comic is taking place at the base of a bridge (a broken one, at that!). So maybe the comic is from a scene in Revenge of the Skull Spiders? I mean, I would find it unlikely, but the fact that they left the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders plot thread hanging in the cartoon, presumably as a lead-in to the book, implies that this time around there is a little more awareness of book content in other media sources.

Edited by Tazakk

I want to buy one of the five Skull sets (aside from Ekimu vs. Kulta set).

But what are the best set (Basher. Scorpio. Slicer or Warrior)?

Edited by Chimaninja454

Basher is my personal favorite, with the fun "hugging" feature. They're all pretty great though.

Basher or Warrior. Basher has a unique function, but it makes his arms floppy. Warrior is an all-around solid figure and really pulls off the undead look with his asymmetry.

Personally, Warrior's my favorite, but these two are the best choices.

Basher is my personal favorite, with the fun "hugging" feature. They're all pretty great though.

Agreed, basher is definitely my fave. although I'm not too keen on Scorpio or slicer, but that's just me.

Does anyone know how often these episodes are released by lego? I really wanna see 11

It says every 2 weeks, but mostly they get released much earlier in another language (LEGO schedule for the episodes is seriously messed up).

It says every 2 weeks, but mostly they get released much earlier in another language (LEGO schedule for the episodes is seriously messed up).

In case anyone is wondering, that is stated in the description

So we'll officially only be at Episode 11 when the book comes out and the rest of the story is revealed. I was thinking that they might push the episodes out more quickly just to get it done before the book, but I guess since the book is a quieter thing anyway they're pushing through on a longer schedule.

LEGO Russia must be an interesting place. They often seem slightly out of step with the rest of the company.

LEGO Russia must be an interesting place. They often seem slightly out of step with the rest of the company.

The VK promo images sure are something...

faG_CPacBvc.jpg

That is the best promo image I've ever seen. Kopaka flying through the air like a boss.

RIP in Peace Ekimu

The VK promo images sure are something...

faG_CPacBvc.jpg

Good thing Lewa kept his Mask of Jungle, since Skull Slicer has his Golden Mask.