Fingers crossed for titan-scale Ekimu and evil Protectors. That would be an excellent way to start off the year, but I'm really curious to see how they are going to differentiate the Toa from this year's forms without straying too far from the original designs (looking at you, G1) but at the same time without being outright clones of their former selves. Maybe they could develop a new gearbox based on a differential system? Getting the function to work properly without being too bulky or distracting would be difficult, but I'm sure LEGO could find a way.

So mixed with the other leaks this means we've known the 2016 sets since February/May 2015... Just let that sink in for a moment, we've known the 2016 sets before we knew the 2015 Summer sets. Thats amazing xD

@Mandate

New gearbox would be cool, though from the 4chan information on the Toa-Sized Ekimu i think the main drive is just newer futuristic looking armour pieces and platinum coloured pieces. Basically the Star Wars armour via the drawings. So the Toa may look a lot sleeker than this year.

@Tazakk

Think the word you are looking for is 'Crawlers' atleast thats what the 4chan person described and drew them as - which fits with the original 4chan leak. Hunter fits with the Bionicle Mask Hunter name leak from a seperate source.

So basically, if this leak is indeed correct, then Ghost sets confrimed... all main set names confirmed... which means the 4chan leak descriptions are confirmed... along with the 2016 story information that came along with it. Which means we have known the 2016 Winter sets since February/May 2015... :laugh:

So full list of 2016 sets should be the following;

Winter Wave (13 sets)

LEGO Bionicle Jungle C

LEGO Bionicle Stone C

LEGO Bionicle Water C

LEGO Bionicle Fire C

LEGO Bionicle Earth C

LEGO Bionicle Ice C

LEGO Bionicle Lewa

LEGO Bionicle Pohatu

LEGO Bionicle Gali

LEGO Bionicle Onua

LEGO Bionicle Tahu

LEGO Bionicle Kopaka

LEGO Bionicle Mask Hunter

Summer Wave (5 sets)

Ghost Crawler

Ghost Striker

Chost Crusher

Ghost Sleeper

Ghost King

Edited by Scarilian

@Mandate

New gearbox would be cool, though from the 4chan information on the Toa-Sized Ekimu i think the main drive is just newer futuristic looking armour pieces and platinum coloured pieces. Basically the Star Wars armour via the drawings. So the Toa may look a lot sleeker than this year.

Sigh, there goes all hope of seeing G1-y piston pieces ever again. Not that there was much hope to begin with.

"Mask Hunter" is probably Ekimu. He's gone from Mask Maker to Mask Hunter, as cheesy as that sounds.

Kinda hoping 2016 opens with the villains, though.

Kinda hoping 2016 opens with the villains, though.

Same, was just basing the layout on this year.

The 6 smaller sets are likely all villains though so atleast it will be slightly more balanced this year in terms of villains fighting heroes.

Heres hoping that Ghost King and Mask Hunter are proper titans, that'd be awesome

Mask Hunter is probably the Toa-Ekimu - probably the larger variant like Tahu or Kopaka

Ghost King i'm guessing will either be a titan-sized figure or will be another battle-pack like 'Mask Maker Vs Skull Grinder' given that set will probably have the Mask Of Control

Edited by Scarilian

Seeing as it's still a rumor at this point and we're basically just wishlisting now, it would be a good idea to move discussion of 2016 stuff here before we incur the wrath of an Admin :wink:

So we're getting the same "special" mask (Mask of Creation) two years in a row...

that never happened in G1 :/ (inb4 silver/gold Avohkii in 2003, silver/gold ignika in 2008/09) especially never happened with the same colours, as most probably it's going to happen this time.

So we're getting the same "special" mask (Mask of Creation) two years in a row...

that never happened in G1 :/ (inb4 silver/gold Avohkii in 2003, silver/gold ignika in 2008/09) especially never happened with the same colours, as most probably it's going to happen this time.

That's only if:

1. The list is real

2. Mask Hunter is Ekimu and not Makuta or someone else

3. It is Ekimu, and he hasn't been given a new mask or MoCr design at least

You're making a lot of accusations very early on.

That's only if:

1. The list is real

2. Mask Hunter is Ekimu and not Makuta or someone else

3. It is Ekimu, and he hasn't been given a new mask or MoCr design at least

You're making a lot of accusations very early on.

Sounds a bit harsh to me, especially since I said most probably, not for sure.

Yeah, we're not sure it's Ekimu returning, but if it's him I highly doubt he's getting a new mask or even a redesign of the Mask of Creation :sceptic: by now it's clear to everybody that BIONICLE G2 is not a top priority for LEGO, so it's not too farfetch'd to think that they're gonna recycle an excusive mask.

Yeah, we're not sure it's Ekimu returning, but if it's him I highly doubt he's getting a new mask or even a redesign of the Mask of Creation :sceptic: by now it's clear to everybody that BIONICLE G2 is not a top priority for LEGO, so it's not too farfetch'd to think that they're gonna recycle an excusive mask.

They went fairly out of their way to start G2 off, and it all depends on how the sets do sales wise. As this is the second year which they probably designed this year I'd expect about similar treatment, so 18 sets and maybe recolored pieces for the small sets, new Toa mask molds, etc. 2017 is when we should probably know how Bio is doing by the numbers of sets we get and such(unless they tell us how it's doing). You can see the decrease in design quality on HF in 2013 seeing how they decided to bring back Bionicle.

Also, maybe you all could continue this in the 2016 wishlist topic?

Edited by MakutaOfWar

Actually, you didn't, your very first words were an absolute:
No "probably" in there. :I You just flat out assumed that was the truth based on nothing. You're still operating under the assumption that Mask Hunter is Ekimu again, when it could very well not be. Edited by One Very Agile Cat

Why would Ekimu be a 'Mask Hunter' if he's already a 'Mask Maker'? Sounds more like a villain name; if the last winter wave was any indication, it's more than likely to be a bad guy.

Speaking of the next wave, does Lego have the funds again to put most of it into it?

Actually, you didn't, your very first words were an absolute:

No "probably" in there. :I You just flat out assumed that was the truth based on nothing. You're still operating under the assumption that Mask Hunter is Ekimu again, when it could very well not be.

The probably part was at the very end of my post, "as most probably it's going to happen this time.". I was referencing the colours to be honest, but also the whole idea. I should've been more explicit, especially since I won't believe anything til I see pictures. But really, let's not argue about semantics right here right now :wacko:

They missed the scary part but hey, at least they acknowledged it so 3spooky5me.

Edited by TDKR2012

Went to the Lego Store today and nabbed the whole lineup. So far only opened Slicer, and he's pretty sweet. Not sure how I feel about three arms going in the same direction though...

Regardless, he really shines in the color department. Almost literally. Love those trans bones. The new parts are pretty slick, and I think the torso armor is probably my new favorite piece. Love its shaping.

So yeah. Skull Slicer is a cool dude. I was pretty indifferent upon seeing pictures, but he turned out pretty sweet.

Anyone remember when LEGO referred to Makuta as the Mask Hoarder? What if it's been some bad translation or change in name for better marketing and he's now the Mask Hunter? Man would I love to see an animation type purple and gold Makuta as that set. Though by that logic, it would mean we would be getting seven small sets that year and if this year was anything to go by it would be make sense for it to be a medium size set.

Anyone remember when LEGO referred to Makuta as the Mask Hoarder?

It was on the shop, in the theme description.

Y'know what? Skull Scorpio isn't that bad. Yeah, posability isn't worth crap, but I think he looks pretty cool. I think it's LOSS syndrome. The figure's pretty terrible, but all the problems are excused due to an incredibly addicting function. I just love making that tail snap. I don't know, he's just a really goofy looking... Thing, and that appeals to me somewhat.

Despite that, I still want to make an alternate model out of him. Try to pull off a G2 (undead) Kahu.

Y'know what? Skull Scorpio isn't that bad. Yeah, posability isn't worth crap, but I think he looks pretty cool. I think it's LOSS syndrome. The figure's pretty terrible, but all the problems are excused due to an incredibly addicting function. I just love making that tail snap. I don't know, he's just a really goofy looking... Thing, and that appeals to me somewhat.

Despite that, I still want to make an alternate model out of him. Try to pull off a G2 (undead) Kahu.

That's exactly what I said in my review. The tail snapping is just straight up fun. Plus, it's not like old-school Rahi were that well off on the poseability department anyway.