I adore the architecture and general aesthetic of the City of the Mask Makers. So geometric and art-deco and gorgeous. It only makes me wish for playsets that much more (not that if we got them they'd necessarily resemble what we've seen in artwork, but still).

I don't think more elemental motifs would even be that good a thing. That'd mostly just evoke the highly segregated look of Metru Nui. The idea of a city where all the villagers intermingled and coexisted regardless of their elemental affiliation is much more appealing to me.

Segregating the tribes isn't necessary to make locations look more elemental. In the case of the Arena, it makes no sense why there's nothing but fire and moving walls especially when the guy that more or less lives there is meant to represent Jungle of all things. Throughout the city, there's literally only water and plantlife both before and after it was abandoned. Making some of the elements more clearly seen doesn't mean that every villager has to live next door to whatever their tribe represents.

Found a use for Skull Scorpio.

I was finally able to pick up MMvSG, Skull Slicer, Warrior, and Scorpio (as you can see above) from my local Toysrus. No Basher though, I didn't even see a shelf label for him.

They were able to get the sets in a few days early, but unfortunately I wasn't able to rush over there on Friday when they got them in, but I did finally find time to get over there, even after I got rather discouraged because I was told over the phone in a rather nonchalant manner that they were sold out of MMvSG, since checking earlier I was informed they had only one left on the shelves. But once I got in the store, I rushed to the Lego aisle, frantically looking for where they kept the Bionicles.

Lo and behold, there was exactly one MMvSG sitting there. I quickly nabbed it and left the store feeling gleeful. Just need to order Basher off of Amazon now.

Bonus shot of Warrior, excuse the quality.

Edited by CloverMaryam

Segregating the tribes isn't necessary to make locations look more elemental. In the case of the Arena, it makes no sense why there's nothing but fire and moving walls especially when the guy that more or less lives there is meant to represent Jungle of all things. Throughout the city, there's literally only water and plantlife both before and after it was abandoned. Making some of the elements more clearly seen doesn't mean that every villager has to live next door to whatever their tribe represents.

Because the arena wasn't made for him, he became a champion of the arena afterwards he is not some demigod it was built for. There is Earth symbol hangig above the arone so it's safe to assume there are the rest of the six as well. The place is supposed to look neutral. And if he's a champion seeing a statue of his former self or something like that would be cool.

People don't usually hang flags to represent individual winners in sports either. It wasn't jungle tribe/race that won it was Slicer.

Because the arena wasn't made for him, he became a champion of the arena afterwards he is not some demigod it was built for. There is Earth symbol hangig above the arone so it's safe to assume there are the rest of the six as well. The place is supposed to look neutral. And if he's a champion seeing a statue of his former self or something like that would be cool.

The skeletons have had centuries, if not millenia, to "redecorate" the place, there's no reason as to why Slicer, despite lacking elemental powers, couldn't have altered the place into an elaborate deathtrap for anyone other than himself. The arena looking neutral is the point I was making, it's literally a second Atero. There's no reason as to why the pit couldn't be filled with all kinds of ridiculous deathtraps and the like. NINJAGO's Tournament of Elements did a fantastic job creating unique arenas, and Chima's own Speedorz track was interesting enough by itself. Perhaps they'll expand on the city and its locations (it is ruined, after all) but somehow I doubt it.

The skeletons have had centuries, if not millenia, to "redecorate" the place

How ? They were dead.

I don't know if this has already been said, but the new sets are available on amazon.ca

Cool beans. What's the website for amazon.ca?

All of the character videos are now on the Lego website. Interestingly, we can see Ekimu in Basher's video, and he has black armour.

Oh man. Skull Grinder's pretty terrifying.

Cool videos, but just makes me want the animations to come out that much sooner.

All of the character videos are now on the Lego website. Interestingly, we can see Ekimu in Basher's video, and he has black armour.

I noticed that too. Now I want to make a custom using gunmetal parts. No clue what it could mean other than dirty armor (his mask also has a chip on one of the horns and there are still bits of gold visible).

Kulta doesn't mess around.

ICtGguU.png

I like the scene just prior to this where Pohatu is hanging off of his arm and Tahu is coming up with a makeshift weapon. I am also pretty sure this confirms that their original masks where left behind, as they do not put them back on when their golden masks are taken.

Also, Skull Scorpio confirmed for generic mook! And another thing that I have realized is that they have probably made the Skull Army's masks all weird in the animations (ex: Skull Grinder's Quagmire-level chin) to help differentiate between them. Skull Scorpio's mask looks far different from Skull Basher's mask, and the same for Grinder and Warrior.

It looks like it's all worn and tarnished from years being entombed.

So presumably the Ekimu transformation at the end of Island of Lost Masks is the restoration of his golden self.

That's basically how I imagined Brutaka's iconic knockout scene from 2006 to play out. Love it.

So basically Scorpio's LoSS-tier (able to shrug off three Toa, probably more), and Skull Basher is now the physically strongest character in G2 (not counting amped Kulta).

How ? They were dead.

I was under the assumption that they had been somewhat active, or at least dormant (Grinder certainly hasn't been) the entire time?

I'm so relieved that the same stuff happens in the book and the animations. I was worried that the book and the webisodes would clash with each other.

That rusty/grimy/soot-covered Ekimu is an unexpected sight. Part of me hopes (rather hopelessly) that we'll see a toy of that form of Ekimu.

On another note, that noise that's heard when Kulta dons the Mask of Creation is the same as that heard when Tahu dons his golden mask. Is it safe to assume that there's some form of mechanism that's activated in a being when they put a mask on, connecting them with its power?

Edited by LewiMOC

I'm so relieved that the same stuff happens in the book and the animations. I was worried that the book and the webisodes would clash with each other.

I think the issue is going to lie in that we get either the books or animations before each other. We'll end up getting 'Island Of The Lost Masks' near the end of August and there is no way that they'll have released the final 10 or so Summer animations by that stage. So we'll know all the details months prior to the animations airing schedule being completed

That rusty/grimy/soot-covered Ekimu is an unexpected sight. Part of me hopes (rather hopelessly) that we'll see a toy of that form of Ekimu.

Yeah, unfortunately you make a good point that we'll likely not see it in toy form. Though would likely to see people's attempts at custom versions

No one metioned that the Okoto page had been updated to include the ancient city, so just thought I'd bring that out.

Most intrestingly when you get to the page about the Forge it gives this intresting bit:

"Once Okoto’s most powerful place. Many, many great masks have been forged here; masks of strength, of speed and a thousand other miraculous powers. However, since Makuta’s betrayal, the furnace has been cold."

So obviously this could mean absolutly nothing, but it could imply that there are non-elemetal masks of power.

Edited by Dr_Chronos

"Once Okoto’s most powerful place. Many, many great masks have been forged here; masks of strength, of speed and a thousand other miraculous powers. However, since Makuta’s betrayal, the furnace has been cold."

So obviously this could mean absolutly nothing, but it could imply that there are non-elemetal masks of power.

WOW this seems to mean that we will get our beloved Masks of Powers from G1 back.

Mask of Strenght = G1 Onua's Pakari

Mask of Speed = G1 Pohatu's Kakama

And all the other "miraculous powers" will maybe be back =) =) =)

On another note, that noise that's heard when Kulta dons the Mask of Creation is the same as that heard when Tahu dons his golden mask. Is it safe to assume that there's some form of mechanism that's activated in a being when they put a mask on, connecting them with its power?

Strange, it does seem that Kulta has taken off his mask and so does Slicer but Basher just puts it on his own.

On the other note. the theory about Ekimu becoming a toa after he takes the hammer of power seems to be debunked considering his "frail figure" is his decomposed form.

Gotta love those still shots, remaind me a lot of the ones in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

So before everybody starts talking about the bamf website update, I'm going to plug BS01's "Skull Week", where we're doing themed trivia, giveaways, and more!

Also how about that website update hmmmmm?