Oddly enough, from what I have seen TRU does not put markups on sets until their release date. I've seen it mentioned before that maybe they have a special agreement that lets them put the sets out a week or two early only if they are at MSRP for that duration of exclusivity.

Really? I could have sworn that when I picked up an Agents set a year back, it was marked up by ~$1, and was technically an early release. Perhaps I was wrong about the "early release" part, as I recall I was searching for HF sets at the time, which were going to become available roughly a month later than the rest of LEGO's summer lines.

Skull Slicer character video

It looks like the Skull are all going to get key visuals in the cartoon style. weeeeee

Some of the scenes are staged a bit differently from Windham's book, so either he was working off of an earlier version, or he just did things differently just because. Check out the description too, Slicer is Kulta's lieutenant.

Skull Slicer character video

It looks like the Skull are all going to get key visuals in the cartoon style. weeeeee

Some of the scenes are staged a bit differently from Windham's book, so either he was working off of an earlier version, or he just did things differently just because. Check out the description too, Slicer is Kulta's lieutenant.

That laugh's gonna hunt me in my dreams ;_;

He just... keeps laughing... damn.

At least it doesn't sound like the narrator, though? =P

Just saw slicer's video, guess it confirms that the skull masks are indeed masks instead of faces.

It's Bat-Pohatu and his sidekick Robin-Lewa vs The Joke Slicer!

Just saw slicer's video, guess it confirms that the skull masks are indeed masks instead of faces.

It's Bat-Pohatu and his sidekick Robin-Lewa vs The Joke Slicer!

Well we already knew that Slicer has a skullspider mask as an actual mask. The rest could still have their as faces as the CGI commercial suggests. But I don't think it's good idea to debate over this as it seems we'll get the answer pretty soon.

Well we already knew that Slicer has a skullspider mask as an actual mask. The rest could still have their as faces as the CGI commercial suggests. But I don't think it's good idea to debate over this as it seems we'll get the answer pretty soon.

Forgot about that, thanks for the correction.

Sweet video! :grin: But they still haven't fixed the mask's trans color. :hmpf_bad:

Some of the scenes are staged a bit differently from Windham's book, so either he was working off of an earlier version, or he just did things differently just because.

I don't have the book (yet), but I think it's too soon to judge on that. After all, this is a trailer; they probably selected the scenes that would make the character (and the set) look cool. In fact, in one scene he puts on the Mask of Air, and in the next he still has the Skull Spider Mask.

I don't have the book (yet), but I think it's too soon to judge on that. After all, this is a trailer; they probably selected the scenes that would make the character (and the set) look cool. In fact, in one scene he puts on the Mask of Air, and in the next he still has the Skull Spider Mask.

One of the portions of the book I got on the Amazon preview has Skull Slicer grabbing Lewa's mask through a wall. The way the preview is cut, he just grabs it from his face with is chain claw thing in the arena. It may be that they're staging things differently for the character video, though, just like how the Toas' videos all have them confront LoSS at the end.

The product description labels them as specific types of masks, this isn't something we need an answer to, we already have one. They are all wearing masks.

I don't know about you, but since BIONICLE is back on the shelves my life feels a little bit better.

Just the thought that there are fresh BIONICLE sets out there makes me really, really happy.

I don't know about you, but since BIONICLE is back on the shelves my life feels a little bit better.

Just the thought that there are fresh BIONICLE sets out there makes me really, really happy.

I always said that I didn't care how it would come back but if it was branded with the name Bionicle I would be complete.

This may seem random but... Has anyone else noticed that the protector masks look like more... Normal versions of the mask Gavla wore?

I'm really not liking the aesthetic of the ancient city ta-ko-po-onu ga le koro City of the Mask Makers. It looks flat and boring, very (ironically) 2-dimensional without anything unique to set it apart like the original Koro (koros? koroes?). I really hope we don't see it too much in the future.

I'm really not liking the aesthetic of the ancient city ta-ko-po-onu ga le koro City of the Mask Makers. It looks flat and boring, very (ironically) 2-dimensional without anything unique to set it apart like the original Koro (koros? koroes?). I really hope we don't see it too much in the future.

Well majority of it has been portrayed in 2-dimensional animation style which in they also scrap out the unnecessary details. The only thing really "flat" with it is that majority of it is built on a flat surface (Such as many real cities).aside from the forge on the hill.. It could have more "ups and downs" on it's surface but I doubt the animations would really show it aside of the Arena being a hole in the ground.

Edited by GK733

Well majority of it has been portrayed in 2-dimensional animation style which in they also scrap out the unnecessary details. The only thing really "flat" with it is that majority of it is built on a flat surface (Such as many real cities).aside from the forge on the hill.. It could have more "ups and downs" on it's surface but I doubt the animations would really show it aside of the Arena being a hole in the ground.

Not quite what I meant. What I meant was that there's nowhere showing that this city had anything truly unique to it. It's clearly an important location that is very detailed here and there with Okotoan style, but there's nothing to set any area apart from another. For instance, Ta-Koro was built on a lake of fire, Ga-Koro was a lily pad village, Le-Koro was built high up in the trees, and so on. There's not really much to suggest that any of the tribes actually ever lived here other than the narrator saying they did once. I don't think it's unreasonable for some locations (keeping in mind the ruined theme) such as the Arena to have taken on a more elemental approach to the designs.

I really like the way the city looks. Maybe it doesn't have such a unique backstory, though it's too early to judge that. It kind of reminds me of the the ruins in Shadow of The Colossus, which I think fits well for Bionicle.

Edited by MakutaOfWar

I adore the architecture and general aesthetic of the City of the Mask Makers. So geometric and art-deco and gorgeous. It only makes me wish for playsets that much more (not that if we got them they'd necessarily resemble what we've seen in artwork, but still).

I don't think more elemental motifs would even be that good a thing. That'd mostly just evoke the highly segregated look of Metru Nui. The idea of a city where all the villagers intermingled and coexisted regardless of their elemental affiliation is much more appealing to me.

I adore the architecture and general aesthetic of the City of the Mask Makers. So geometric and art-deco and gorgeous. It only makes me wish for playsets that much more (not that if we got them they'd necessarily resemble what we've seen in artwork, but still).

I don't think more elemental motifs would even be that good a thing. That'd mostly just evoke the highly segregated look of Metru Nui. The idea of a city where all the villagers intermingled and coexisted regardless of their elemental affiliation is much more appealing to me.

Yeah, it's more comparable to the coliseum. Dume inhabits the place and it even has an arena. It's meant to be neutral.

Edited by GK733

I liked the strict segregation of Metru Nui, as it contributed towards the very totalitarian atmosphere, but in the context of Okoto, it is appealing to see a more natural, less artificially segmented city.