Wait, the whole first year story ends in the first book? But...what about the second? What's that gonna be about? With a name like that it can't be the 2016 story, can it?

efdaiy.jpg

Though yeah, chances are its just going to be padding or build-up to the Winter Wave, probably with the Toa battling against the Lord Of Skull Spiders for a second time after his defeat in the animations (And probably first book). That way they can fix the fact that there is still an army of Skull Spiders on Okoto that have'nt really been dealt with yet.

Guys... we have a G2 alphabet! Credit to BZPower's Votuko for making the discovery in the preview of the new chapter book!

Just pointing out the G2 book language does not appear to be the same language as shown in the animations or on Ekimu's mask - so guessing those are an entirely different easier to learn stylised version of the words in a similar style to the Okoto language, but not the actual language itself.

Possible spoilers

There is nothing yet to confirm this yet, but

I have the page and it is indeed correct, similar to the 4chan leaks

I am now 99.9% certain that the 4chan leaks are real along with the additional storyline information, the only thing that hasnt been flat-out confirmed at the moment is the ghosts, yet everything else reported on has been confirmed at this stage

What would your guys' reactions be if we got some GITD bones in a future Bionicle wave?

I'm not much of a MOCist, so I won't even use said pieces.

(Yes, I'm gonna refer again to those suspicious rumors)

Checking my copies of the 4chan leak information and i'm not spotting a mention of GITD piece, just an assortment of rather new colours such as platinum and a lot of trans-pieces.

Though yeah, would love to see GITD bones, they would be awesome.

Edited by Scarilian

Someone mentioned to me that the alphabet looked like a ton of Nuva symbols. Coincidence? I THINK NOT

That's been said ever since we first got a glimpse of the Mask of Creation, so since these are done in the same style, it makes sense that more people would see it now, too =P.

That's been said ever since we first got a glimpse of the Mask of Creation, so since these are done in the same style, it makes sense that more people would see it now, too =P.

I'm still holding out hope that Gen-2 isn't a complete re-do, and that the Gen-1 heroes are gonna show up using the Vahi or something. :cry_happy:

Edited by BBBeavarr

Well look at all this lovely story information!

I was skeptical of the 4chan rumors, but reading that Ekimu gets a stronger body pretty much confirms spooky specters next year for me. (Call the Ghoustbusters!)

Nice to see that we finally have an alphabet, now all we need is some chicken-scratch to decode.

I'm still holding out hope that Gen-2 isn't a complete re-do, and that the Gen-1 heroes are gonna show up using the Vahi or something. :cry_happy:

With all of the blatant G1 references and the "six timeless heroes" bit, I think they're the same Toa.

It's a little funny to see people suddenly jumping at the 4chan rumours, considering the "new parts and leg armour from playtesting!" stuff came out after the first images of the Star Wars CCBS sets had shown, which means the believability there is entirely up to being out of sequence. "Thee rumour must be right, we've seen that piece" and stuff like that. Ekimu being a recurring character and giving the Toa their upgrades has been a common idea and theme in all speculation since the search for him was shown as part of this first year story. There's nothing here to corroborate the specifics of those rumours, there's simply the same stuff people all over have been saying. It's easy to make up a set rumour list and ideas when you've already seen parts from a later line (Star Wars) and fit it to the release plan (new Toa sets in winter, as that's when they first debuted) with the mask-maker giving the heroes upgrades (which is even something I remember posting about myself in the beginning of the year). But that's all we've got, the "other leak" with the names contradicts the "first leak", so they can't corroborate each other. Maybe we'll get ghosts, maybe we won't (I'm still leaning pretty hard into the "I can't believe anyone would believe this obviously not real stuff", but hey), but there's not remotely enough here for people to start being remotely certain with.

With all of the blatant G1 references and the "six timeless heroes" bit, I think they're the same Toa.

Except it's been stated that G2 is it's own thing, totally seperate from G1.

"References" don't really mean anything unless they're referencing events as being in the same universe.

If the Toa were summoned using the mask of time, that's a pretty blatant hint that they're from the other timeline. Sure, they could be from the past or future too, but if they were confined to the Okotoverse, the mask of time is a weird choice to begin with.

regarding the new Ekimu body rumours,while I hope he does get one at some stage, that's not what I took from that excerpt at all. All the book says is he goes from frail to powerful. I assume that means he goes from his emaciated coffin state back to his state from the legend. His current set form looks anything but frail. he's an absolute tank.

As my brother has pointed out, the Toa were summoned when the stars aligned, and the Mask of Time's power in G1 was to slow down or speed up time, not to allow for time travel. So it's entirely possible that the mask was used to make that planetary alignment to happen ahead of schedule.

Perhaps there might be some connection between G1 and G2 besides the obvious "G2 was inspired by G1", but I definitely don't think that they are the same reality (even Greg Farshtey has said multiple times that that would basically defeat the purpose of a reboot), or that the Toa are the G1 Toa. I really can't think of any possible way that could be revealed without opening up a huge can of worms.

As my brother has pointed out, the Toa were summoned when the stars aligned, and the Mask of Time's power in G1 was to slow down or speed up time, not to allow for time travel. So it's entirely possible that the mask was used to make that planetary alignment to happen ahead of schedule.

Perhaps there might be some connection between G1 and G2 besides the obvious "G2 was inspired by G1", but I definitely don't think that they are the same reality (even Greg Farshtey has said multiple times that that would basically defeat the purpose of a reboot), or that the Toa are the G1 Toa. I really can't think of any possible way that could be revealed without opening up a huge can of worms.

Easy, give hints and open the "can of worm"s at almost the very end.

Just so people understand why i think the 4chan leaks were legitimate;

- Employee play tests have happened before around the same time of the year as the 4chan leak

- The 4chan topic has been completely removed from 4chan

- The 4chan topic described Ekimu in a new form a long time before any other leaks ever mentioned that, and the book mentions him upgrading

- The 4chan topic mentioned the Toa getting new masks and forms thanks to Ekimu, and the book mentions them getting new masks from Ekimu

- The 4chan topic specifically describes the inclusion of this piece, and for the first time the Storm Trooper 2016 CCBS set introduces that piece

- The 4chan topic mentioned 2016 would be the Toa racing Makuta and his minions for the Mask Of Control, the book ends hinting the Toa would do just that

- The 4chan topic mentioned a wave of villains followed by a wave of heroes, the recently leaked names seems to be entirely villains

- The 4chan topic mentioned that they were ghost sets, the recently leaked names are all ghost names

- Bionicle Generation 2 seems to be entirely based around un-dead villains at the moment, i would'nt be suprised if they continue that theme

It's a little funny to see people suddenly jumping at the 4chan rumours, considering the "new parts and leg armour from playtesting!" stuff came out after the first images of the Star Wars CCBS sets had shown, which means the believability there is entirely up to being out of sequence. "Thee rumour must be right, we've seen that piece" and stuff like that.

Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker were unvailed sometime around the 15th February. The 4chan leaks occured sometime after that before February 24th 2015. As such we can discount the leg pieces if you desire - however that doesnt rule out the rest of the pieces described.

Other new pieces mentioned, such as the kneepad/shoulderpad were not seen until the reveal of Obi-Wan Kenobi on April 17th (2 months later) The inclusion of this piece for the first time in CCBS sets also was not shown in any CCBS set prior and was revealed with the 2016 CCBS Storm Trooper on 11th June 2015 (4 months later)

So unless both of these were both random guesses, then that person either must have seen one of the 2016 CCBS Star Wars figures or another future CCBS sets with those pieces.

It's easy to make up a set rumour list and ideas when you've already seen parts from a later line (Star Wars) and fit it to the release plan (new Toa sets in winter, as that's when they first debuted) with the mask-maker giving the heroes upgrades (which is even something I remember posting about myself in the beginning of the year).

The 4chan topic mentioned the villains for the winter wave and the Toa for the summer. (There may be more, but thats all it said)

But that's all we've got, the "other leak" with the names contradicts the "first leak", so they can't corroborate each other.

The names do not necessarily contradict the 4chan leaks;

- The 4chan leaks specified 5 ghosts villains and Ekimu as a Toa

- The name leaks for the Winter Wave were 5 ghost villains and 1 Mask Hunter

While granted Mask Hunter could be a villain - Ekimu was called Mask Maker before. If he's joining the toa hunting the masks the name change could be justified.

If the Toa were summoned using the mask of time, that's a pretty blatant hint that they're from the other timeline. Sure, they could be from the past or future too, but if they were confined to the Okotoverse, the mask of time is a weird choice to begin with.

The Mask Of Time only means they were summoned from a different time - could be the past or future of this timeline. Doesnt necessarily mean that its a different timeline though.

Edited by Scarilian

- The name leaks for the Winter Wave were 5 ghost villains and 1 Mask Hunter

While granted Mask Hunter could be a villain - Ekimu was called Mask Maker before. If he's joining the toa hunting the masks the name change could be justified.

The Mask Of Time only means they were summoned from a different time - could be the past or future of this timeline. Doesnt necessarily mean that its a different timeline though.

The ghost names didn't originate from 4chan, it was from a user at TTV messageboards that just said he's been right before, but didn't bring any kind of proof. So it's almost guaranteed to be made up.

Ghost sleeper, really?

Unfortunately, back in March when it was available, I never got the Hero Pack polybag. However, I finally decided to get it today... on Amazon for four bucks. I'd like some input on whether or not my purchase was worth it.

I mean, the poster and trans-orange Mask of Fire are both pretty cool, but is it a nice thing to have beyond those things? Value-wise, I mean. And how does the mask look on Tahu?

Edited by Puffle Pal26

Unfortunately, back in March when it was available, I never got the Hero Pack polybag. However, I finally decided to get it today... on Amazon for four bucks. I'd like some input on whether or not my purchase was worth it.

I mean, the poster and trans-orange Mask of Fire are both pretty cool, but is it a nice thing to have beyond those things? Value-wise, I mean. And how does the mask look on Tahu?

it's pretty worth it. Tahu looks great with the mask tho

Though I wish I could believe in ghosts (and the many new shades of transparent CCBS components they would bring), this seems to be just an absurd rumour, coming from nothing resembling a credible source.

If 2016 does happen to have a wave of villainous ghosts, I'll eat a pizza with chunky tomato sauce. I hate chunky tomato sauce.

The ghost names didn't originate from 4chan, it was from a user at TTV messageboards that just said he's been right before, but didn't bring any kind of proof. So it's almost guaranteed to be made up.

Ghost sleeper, really?

Taking it as a potentially legitimate source, given i was there when he was right before

Similar to other transparent masks it shows the head which looks odd to me, but its a nice mask and the map and skull spider are a nice addition. If you can get it fairly cheap then i'd say go for it.

Though I wish I could believe in ghosts (and the many new shades of transparent CCBS components they would bring), this seems to be just an absurd rumour, coming from nothing resembling a credible source.

If 2016 does happen to have a wave of villainous ghosts, I'll eat a pizza with chunky tomato sauce. I hate chunky tomato sauce.

The playtester told about toa sized Ekimu and more futuristic looking villains with new kind of piston armor and slime/ghost projectiles launched by the springbrick. He also mentioned a little creature that could had been slime/ghost creature. Judging by his drawing I would say slime.

Nothing really points at them all being ghosts.

Taking it as a potentially legitimate source, given i was there when he was right before

Care to tell what he was right before?

Edited by GK733

The new BIONICLE sets are listed as coming soon in the S@H for the U.S., and other countries that haven't gotten the new sets.

I personally don't want ghosts. I want more diversity in the villains instead of the undead. But, that's just me.

Same here.