The names are most similar in fashion to the Metru Nui matoran ones. Nuhrii, Tehutti, Vhisola, Ahkmou, Ehrye and Orkham.

Thanks for bringing that up. Yeah, the Protector names are pretty much on par with those in terms of ridiculousness.

Honestly, I really don't see much problem with them now. They're really starting to grow on me. Especially Vizuna. It's such a cool name. Feels good to have names to memorize again.

Wait, the whole first year story ends in the first book? But...what about the second? What's that gonna be about? With a name like that it can't be the 2016 story, can it?

Also, I think I got how the set naming is going to be: characters that existed in G1 (such as the Toa) use their name and a descriptive title, while characters exclusive to this reboot (the Protectors, the Skull Creatures and Ekimu) get only a title, and may be named in the media if they're not animals or swarm characters. Now I have to wait for Makuta's set to see if I'm right.

I would assume that the second book will function like the Darkness Below or Voyage of Fear from the original book run: stories that fit into the continuity, but aren't as consequential as books that relay the core story.

Wait, the whole first year story ends in the first book? But...what about the second? What's that gonna be about? With a name like that it can't be the 2016 story, can it?

I am betting that it will be like Time Trap in that it fills in the loose plot ends and wraps up the Skull Spider's influence so that next year can start with a fresh threat and no former villains to worry about.

Guys... we have a G2 alphabet! Credit to BZPower's Votuko for making the discovery in the preview of the new chapter book!

19163616513_0b8f98be00_b.jpg

EDIT: It's been brought to my attention that X and Y are probably transposed! No idea why the book would have them out of order, but switching them would make a lot more sense.

Edited by Aanchir

Guys... we have a G2 alphabet! Credit to BZPower's Votuko for making the discovery in the preview of the new chapter book!

19163616513_0b8f98be00_b.jpg

EDIT: It's been brought to my attention that X and Y are probably transposed! No idea why the book would have them out of order, but switching them would make a lot more sense.

So, how long before somebody tries to decode the Mask of Creation?

So, how long before somebody tries to decode the Mask of Creation?

We've already tried... the symbols aren't the same. Either the Mask of Creation's symbols mean something else (numbers perhaps?) or they're meaningless.

Ugh, those are a lil more complicated then G1's but awesome nonetheless! Showing they don't seem to have a problem getting more in depth. Oh man, the nostalgia's getting to me!

We've already tried... the symbols aren't the same. Either the Mask of Creation's symbols mean something else (numbers perhaps?) or they're meaningless.

I can testify to this. I have tried myself, and I can't get anywhere with it.

A doo-head I think?

Anyways, it seems nobody paid attention to that "2016 leak". XD I'm calling it fake. For some reason I thought I have seen the background image before...

Ugh, those are a lil more complicated then G1's but awesome nonetheless!

The most complicated name in only tri-syllabic. They're not complicated at all, they're actually quite simple.

What on earth is that??? Can it stop existing please? I was rather hoping to sleep soundly tonight.

It's a Voodoo head, man!

I can testify to this. I have tried myself, and I can't get anywhere with it.

Makes sense, the mask was created about a thousand years ago, even if they are using the same language, it'll have evolved to be practically unrecognizable at this point.

I am totally digging the new names and alphabet. This is the world building I was waiting for! It seems Korgot might be the female Protector which is interesting. By the way, has anyone else in the US been getting the commercial for the Skull Villains while watching Youtube? Because I have and it's exciting. Granted, the sets come out for us in about two weeks.

Makes sense, the mask was created about a thousand years ago, even if they are using the same language, it'll have evolved to be practically unrecognizable at this point.

That makes utter sense yes, especially when you consider how their civilization collapsed rather what with them loosing the ability to forge great masks of power and having to abandon the city with no sign of them rebuilding anything like it. No doubt they'd have left behind a lot of aspects of how it once was forgotten in the city.

That makes utter sense yes, especially when you consider how their civilization collapsed rather what with them loosing the ability to forge great masks of power and having to abandon the city with no sign of them rebuilding anything like it. No doubt they'd have left behind a lot of aspects of how it once was forgotten in the city.

We don't know what happened to the Ancient City yet (unless the book has revealed something that I'm not aware of), so it's equally likely they forgot over time.

I think my biggest problem with the alphabet is that there're thick and thin lines. For instance, "H" has thin lines that end in large, open blocks. Seems like it'd be harder to write in this alphabet when compared to G1's which was just a bunch of lines and open circles.

That being said, we've had circles, hexagons, and triangles. Nice to see squares added to the mix.

Personally, I really love the look of the Okotoan alphabet, it's distinct and looks more like an ancient language to me than alien symbols like the Matoran language. As others have said though, writing with this will be far more difficult.

The most complicated name in only tri-syllabic. They're not complicated at all, they're actually quite simple.

Nah, I was talking about the symbols. XD Not the Protector names(though I am still trying to memorize those).

Personally, I really love the look of the Okotoan alphabet, it's distinct and looks more like an ancient language to me than alien symbols like the Matoran language. As others have said though, writing with this will be far more difficult.

Dunno. I still remember the hexagonal pain of 2006-2008.

What would your guys' reactions be if we got some GITD bones in a future Bionicle wave?

I'm not much of a MOCist, so I won't even use said pieces.

(Yes, I'm gonna refer again to those suspicious rumors)

Edited by MonkeyChud