Okay okay, I've come to a personal conclusion on the exclusive mask and price topic; it's a piece of plastic. It's nice looking and all but I mean it's probably like what? 35 Cents worth of plastic? .__. I'll pass.

Okay okay, I've come to a personal conclusion on the exclusive mask and price topic; it's a piece of plastic. It's nice looking and all but I mean it's probably like what? 35 Cents worth of plastic? .__. I'll pass.

Exactly my mindset. It's pretty, but 100x too expensive for what it is.

I've moved the CCBS vs G1 Bionicle Building System to the thread we already have for such discussion. Please continue it there.

19653065371_250a9699b9_b.jpg

Obligatory groupshot (though Slicer seems to be shy and is hiding behind Warrior...)

Link? :3

For future reference that would be here :tongue:

Why do people make the "lol too expensive" comment when they know why? They're collectibles.

Same goes with minifigs. Even though they usually go for twice the amount the masks are.

Why do people make the "lol too expensive" comment when they know why? They're collectibles.

Same goes with minifigs. Even though they usually go for twice the amount the masks are.

Why not? The value of something as a collectable is far more subjective than the value of actual resources put into making said thing; though he would be wrong to say that it's too expensive for anyone, it is perfectly reasonable for him to say that, since he feels little sentiment towards it, that it is too expensive for him.

Why not? The value of something as a collectable is far more subjective than the value of actual resources put into making said thing; though he would be wrong to say that it's too expensive for anyone, it is perfectly reasonable for him to say that, since he feels little sentiment towards it, that it is too expensive for him.

Wasn't it. I was giving an explanation on why the mask(s) cost so much.

I could care less if he thinks it's worth 5 Zenny.

On the Bionicle website, when you click build, you can see the two summer combiners

Yup. Sadly they don't have the instructions up yet though, just pictures of them in the header.

Edit: I just came up with a question to ask. Would you have rather the Skull Villains included fully transparent Toa masks instead of the blend that we got? I personally would have, to match with the Trans-Orange Tahu Mask and Trans-Blue Gali Mask we got as promos. I don't have the sets in hand though (and won't for a while sadly), so I can't comment on how the blended masks look in person.

Edited by TheDesuComplex

Yup. Sadly they don't have the instructions up yet though, just pictures of them in the header.

Edit: I just came up with a question to ask. Would you have rather the Skull Villains included fully transparent Toa masks instead of the blend that we got? I personally would have, to match with the Trans-Orange Tahu Mask and Trans-Blue Gali Mask we got as promos. I don't have the sets in hand though (and won't for a while sadly), so I can't comment on how the blended masks look in person.

Weirdly enough, I like the blending better (I have them in-hand). I wasn't super thrilled with the way the trans-orange worked on Tahu, despite complementing the color scheme perfectly. Made it a little overpowering, maybe? Can't speak to Gali, obviously.

Would you have rather the Skull Villains included fully transparent Toa masks instead of the blend that we got?

I'd rather have full-trans. Gold doesn't work with all the colours (especially tr. neon green), so I think all the masks would look better without it.

New trailer for the summer animations.

Sweet !

The trailer is in Russian... Very interesting.

Is it, though? They've been leaked in plenty of other languages so far =P

Lol, Kulta holds his staff on the opposite hand in the animation. They finally make a left-handed character like me and he's the main villlain. :laugh: :laugh:

But really, the animations look very cool. Dat Kulta blocking Kopaka's (?) energy blast with his bare hand.

Nice trailer, shows some interesting stuff but I can't understand what's being said hah. I assume it's standard fare stuff?

On another note I swapped out the black limbs with the trans green armour on the Protector of Jungle replacing them with Skull Slicer's bones and the same solid green shade plates as found on Lewa. It works nicely and looks good because then both the blended colours on the mask are present and also the protector looks more like a pair to Lewa as well.

Edited by Mutant Orc

Lol, Kulta holds his staff on the opposite hand in the animation. They finally make a left-handed character like me and he's the main villlain. :laugh: :laugh:

But really, the animations look very cool. Dat Kulta blocking Kopaka's (?) energy blast with his bare hand.

He's a very sinister personality indeed :tongue:. At any rate, I would prefer fully transparent masks, if only so that we could have a tr. purple Mask of Earth

Guys. I just noticed something.

At the end of the video, there is a pile of rocks with a purple light coming from underneath. Then it explodes, just as if someone was burried under the rocks and now has awaken. That purple light might be just connected to Basher, but you know who else had purple accents on his armor? Makuta :o

I think transparent masks would have been better perhaps just because we'd have a nicer and more sensible variation of masks i.e. normal, gold and transparent, whereas we have normal, gold, some transparent and some blended, which seems 'messier' and less uniform. Gold slapped on things randomly always seems a bit tacky to me anyways, so the gold masks weren't a big thing for me and so nor are the blended ones.

Thanks for posting the videos. Voxovan you beat me to it! I spent too long typing and revising what I said above to be the first to mention it! It could well be Makuta as trans purple is his colour but would they bury him next to Ekimu who they admired after the nonsense he caused? did they even find his body..? It could well be Onua blasting out from something as well mind or Basher...we'll have to see.

I swear I had something else to say here as well but I can't remember. oops.

but would they bury him next to Ekimu who they admired after the nonsense he caused? did they even find his body..? It could well be Onua blasting out from something as well mind or Basher...we'll have to see.

Well, I don't think they (Protectors, right?) buried Makuta, I think the rocks did :P

Well, I don't think they (Protectors, right?) buried Makuta, I think the rocks did :P

It could also be just Onua who tries to escape after being buried. Notice how Lewa was the first to screw up, in the last shot of the toa there are only 5. And Slicer already had his mask.

It could also be just Onua who tries to escape after being buried. Notice how Lewa was the first to screw up, in the last shot of the toa there are only 5. And Slicer already had his mask.

Don't ruin my dreams pls ;_;