Wow. I kind of want that to become an official combiner because not only does it look amazing, it looks like it'd make a half decent titan set.

It does say something about the colours in the skulls though, apart from the transparent purple/green/neon of basher/slicer/scorpio, there really isn't a variety of colours. Silver, Gunmetal, Trans-Blue, Trans-Orange... and... no, wait, that's about it. :/

Love the overall design and the proportions are much better than on any official G2 stuff yet. Not much liking the wider Jaw on the mask and the chest armor covering shoulders completely I mean, it looks impractical and looks like she can't move her arms to front + it makels her look less feminine.

Oh man that artwork is phenomenal. I've never been a huge fan when they they do panned out or show the characters as smaller than they are; full bodied shots like these are my favorite.

Also her half-sunken Nuva symbol <3

Yeah, that's pretty damn beautiful. Nice joke with that Nuva symbol. What I really love about that artwork though are those curious biomechanical fishies. Especially their "What's this then?" expressions. Also, that series of submerged half moon thingies is intriguing. Some explanation for those sunken ruins would be nice to get at some point. Also, the only issue I have with that mega-combiner is how weird the head looks when it's all the way in the back. I do wonder how the lower leg connection works.

Edited by DraikNova

Yeah, that's pretty damn beautiful. Nice joke with that Nuva symbol. What I really love about that artwork though are those curious biomechanical fishies. Especially their "What's this then?" expressions. Also, that series of submerged half moon thingies is intriguing. Some explanation for those sunken ruins would be nice to get at some point

Underwater year 2016 LET'S DO IT

If they did that, I'd die of happiness. :D Also, still no summer bonkles in my little area of Georgia. :/ That artwork is beautiful, I might have a new phone wallpaper. :3

I like some aspects and the idea of combining the skull villains, but it comes off very disproportionate

Nice artwork, hopefully we see more. Everyone should like and encourage them to post more on Facebook so we get more concept art :3

Would be nice to see and could allow for a lot of new sets, though cant picture CCBS water villains... just keep getting reminded of Aquagon

Ugh, an underwater wave means hoses/tubes. And hoses/tubes means tangled messes and clashing colors.

If TLG does decide to do that, hopefully they re-design those things.

Ugh, an underwater wave means hoses/tubes. And hoses/tubes means tangled messes and clashing colors.

If TLG does decide to do that, hopefully they re-design those things.

How do hoses mean clashing colors? They could easily just be silver, a neutral color that already exists in practically every 2015 set by virtue of being the color of the head.

Mind you, I'm in no hurry for an underwater wave either. How about something Bionicle's never done before, like an OVER-water seafaring theme?

Would be nice to see and could allow for a lot of new sets, though cant picture CCBS water villains... just keep getting reminded of Aquagon

I actually liked Aquagon, but that aside, go back a year to Furno and Jawblade. That's how you do it.

The Lego Shop has now the summer wave for all the european countries listed.

When will the sets reach physical stores?

I'd give it another week-and-a-half until people start FINALLY finding the sets at Toys R Us, in America, seeing as how the retailers seemed to have learned from their mistake of 'accidentally' selling the figures their websites.

Edited by MonkeyChud

I actually liked Aquagon, but that aside, go back a year to Furno and Jawblade. That's how you do it.

Furno Breakout was actually a bit of a letdown to me. I know the whole "fire guy underwater" thing was suppose to be ironic but something about the actual set just put me off(still bought it). I always thought it was the red and white color scheme but I've seen other things with that pallet that were still appealing. Maybe it has something to do with the water jets that made his figure look goofy, idk.

On the thought of an underwater them, I loved 07, but that was 5 1/2 years after the theme premiered, so if it were to happen in Gen 2 I would be okay with it happening later then sooner. Maybe if the theme continues past the 3 year mark? Definitely not as the ending theme, though. I'd want something a bit more epic for that, like... air. >:D Or dessert, if that was considered the true ending to Gen 1(I'm kidding about both). Speaking of which, the Star's were a bit of a letdown. How come Gen 1 didn't go out with a larger bang? Why were't Teridax and Mata Nui released in a twin pack, or as Titans, or something...

Speaking of which, the Star's were a bit of a letdown. How come Gen 1 didn't go out with a larger bang? Why were't Teridax and Mata Nui released in a twin pack, or as Titans, or something...

Because the theme wasn't doing that well and didn't have much momentum left. There's no sense investing huge amounts of money in a theme that's already on its last legs. And smaller BIONICLE sets were generally more profitable than larger ones anyway.

I don't know if the LEGO Group handled the Bionicle theme's end the best way they possibly could have, but realistically they didn't have a lot of options, and I can see how releasing affordably priced versions of popular sets from throughout the theme's history might have seemed like the best recourse. There's no way the theme would ever have ended with a pair of $30–50 titan sets, considering that figures priced higher than $30 were rare even in the theme's strongest years.

Edited by Aanchir

Because the theme wasn't doing that well and didn't have much momentum left. There's no sense investing huge amounts of money in a theme that's already on its last legs. And smaller BIONICLE sets were generally more profitable than larger ones anyway.

I don't know if the LEGO Group handled the Bionicle theme's end the best way they possibly could have, but realistically they didn't have a lot of options, and I can see how releasing affordably priced versions of popular sets from throughout the theme's history might have seemed like the best recourse. There's no way the theme would ever have ended with a pair of $30–50 titan sets, considering that figures priced higher than $30 were rare even in the theme's strongest years.

I understand all of that, and I was happy with the way it ended. Could it have been better? Yes. But was it good? In my opinion, yes. Set wise it just wasn't the way I thought a theme that pulled tlg out of the financial gutter would go down. Plus Gresh and Skrall? What? Where was the Bohrok, or Vahki, or Visorak... but that's all just my personal opinion. XD

Edited by MakutaOfWar

Personally, what I would like to see is some brick based play sets.

Me too. I would immediately stop collecting Star Wars' sets and collect those instead. (if they were any good)

I understand all of that, and I was happy with the way it ended. Could it have been better? Yes. But was it good? In my opinion, yes. Set wise it just wasn't the way I thought a theme that pulled tlg out of the financial gutter would go down. Plus Gresh and Skrall? What? Where was the Bohrok, or Vahki, or Visorak... but that's all just my personal opinion. XD

I suspect that Gresh, silver Takanuva, and the Skrall were included due to having recently been released in sets and used in comics, making them more appealing to whatever casual fans BIONICLE gained later in its run; to have had even half the line dedicated to re-imagining older figures, those being Rahkshi, Tahu, and Skakdi, was a great boon.

As for your wish for Bohrok and Visorak, though I'd have loved to see them myself, I can't figure how they could have been given fitting Stars forms, what with the Stars' strict adherence to use of Avtoran bodies, and small piece counts.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

On the subject of the Stars, LEGO was actually going to axe the line after 09. Kelly (McKiernan) fought to get some kind of conclusion, and the end result was the Stars. Not perfect by any means, but a hell of a lot better than the alternative.

Me too. I would immediately stop collecting Star Wars' sets and collect those instead. (if they were any good)

Don't hold your breath for playsets, those were the single worst selling features of the original line.

How about something Bionicle's never done before, like an OVER-water seafaring theme?

Ga-Koro comes to mind, they've done it before (albeit never in set form).

And smaller BIONICLE sets were generally more profitable than larger ones anyway.

If this is true, then why did LEGO choose to make half of the Toa the price of what would be a Titan-class set back in Gen 1?