Considering the sole "new piece" used in the blaster looks completely different from the MSPaint sketch, and the rumors failed to predict that the launcher itself would remain System-based... I don't think it lends any credence at all. It's easy to create a credible rumor by basing it on a direction people were already widely speculating blasters to go in, and apart from that and the obvious guess that the figures would use the already-revealed Star Wars parts, there's no meat to those rumors at all.

So... a new exterior for a gun in a constraction line is somehow evidence against the idea that LEGO would create another exterior for a gun-like object?

Rumors of a 2016 BIONICLE villain failing to predict that a 2015 Star Wars 7 villain would have a system-based launcher?

People were already widely speculating the spring blaster would soon be used on constraction figures (no, really, I actually didn't know this was a thing)?

so does the torso piece. it's actually why i think at least the sketches are legit. they came out last year or earlier this year from someone who's kid nephew was part of a focus group for the 2016 toys. the fact those parts came to be seen in the new star wars constraction lends credence to those old claims.

The SW torso shell is designed for usage with Titan-sized torso bones, the rumor predicts that the new torso armor is an attachment to the current torso shell. Luke and Vader had already been revealed prior to the "leak".

I'm having a hard time believing LEGO would let a guy that hadn't signed an NDA walk into a confidential focus testing group. Doesn't this belong in the 2016 thread anyway?

AMEET has just revealed in their catalogue a Bionicle activity book, which includes Ekimu's golden Protector Mask (on page 14). Maybe it will be released in other countries too.

Also, I don't know if this was posted before or not, but we've got a description for the first graphic novel.

EDIT: Also! Summer wave has just arrived!

Edited by Voxovan

Might as well skip the activity book if there's no decent poster included.

A little disappointed as i was hoping for a unique mask for the activity book, though i suppose its an easy way to get the golden protector mask for those who dont want to get the Mask Maker Vs Ekimu set.

Do you have a link to the thread where those pics came from? :dblush::alien:

Originally was a 4chan topic which was closed for unknown reasons. I have a summary in the spoiler tag;

• There were 6 villains a larger Ekimu figure and a small thing which i think may be developed into 6 small sets?

• The Ekimu figure was basically in between Tahu and Ekimu design wise

"They sat down with my nephew and a few other kids while the parents all talked. They asked them which ones they liked and what they liked about them, asked what colours they would like better (2 kids said gold) The ekimu figure was the kids favorite and they all seemed to be enjoying the little thing too"

•The little thing was quadruped and sort of resembled the bionicle tarduk but with a sort of spiky head that was trans neon green and attached to the body.

• By pressing a function on the back the head shot off. It sort of looked like a ghost on a body but with a face.

• The bad guys had the same body function/shooter on one arm but the ghost things that shot off didn't have faces, but designs instead. They might be the collectable for this wave.

• The little guy was basically a shooter with legs attached and little claws

• There was the use of a platinum like colour on the villains chest armor. It was definitely not silver. A lot shinier. It's longer than the toa chest plates but still fits on the 2 studs body pieces i think.

• A new armor piece that most of them had was an armor add on that comes out at an angle and then curves down. It was that weird dark grey as well as their masks

• The villains looked pretty futuristic but not in a robot way.

They were very streamlined looking. 4 or 5 used what look to be rounded leg armor pieces, haven't seen them before.

• One guy was tan with trans purple accents and some platinum armor.

• Had 2 of those new shooters as arms (with trans purple ghost things) and a cape. That set really stood out for me.

• There was a platinum, dark grey and trans orange guy that used those rib cage pieces on the tops of his arms.

• Had a club in one hand and a shooter in the other.

• There was a trans blue, platinum and black guy that had weird long legs

• There was a another that was trans yellow and platinum and dark grey. It had horns. unexciting except for a new whip piece that was trans yellow, the new shooter and a cape.

• the big bad guys have those shooters as one of their forearms in their respective trans colour

• it had a bumpy/spiky texture. This piece looked pretty finalized

• yea the head/ghost thing shoots right off

• also ekimu was the only one with gears.

• 2 of them had capes though

• there was also a rounded leg piece that was used and those armor add ons are more rounded than pointy.

So... a new exterior for a gun in a constraction line is somehow evidence against the idea that LEGO would create another exterior for a gun-like object?

More the idea that they would start implimenting that sort of launcher into the CCBS sets - hints that they could do more with it in 2016 in other CCBS sets making the rumours a little more intriguing. Though still to be taken with a heavy grain of salt. Luckily we tend to get leaks in a few months time so we should know soon.

Ah crap, if those statements are legit then they're already swapping gears for shooters. Damn. Other then that those sound somewhat promising, trans yellow, a whip, tan- YES. Also I like the potential for 12 more villains and Toa Ekimu as I don't want to see the Toa get new forms just that early, but since they'll most likely play a key role I wonder if tlg will keep the sets circulating that far into production. Recent years one year seems to be deadline, right? Years ago it was two to three but maybe it was just HF's lack of sales that scratched that.

Also dat graphic novel detail juciness is getting me excited. I feels like a lil' boy again.

Edited by MakutaOfWar

Ah crap, if those statements are legit then they're already swapping gears for shooters.

Here's hoping they'd include different functions too like Basher.

Heads up guys, wave 2 sets are out in the Watford LEGO shop! This is not a drill! I'll be getting to them once I've had a wander round

Edited by Fatoran

More the idea that they would start implimenting that sort of launcher into the CCBS sets - hints that they could do more with it in 2016 in other CCBS sets making the rumours a little more intriguing. Though still to be taken with a heavy grain of salt. Luckily we tend to get leaks in a few months time so we should know soon.

I'm not sure that I agree with you. The new exterior housing for the spring blaster has plenty of connection points, and it isn't hard to imagine a new "slimy" variant with an axle on the end to attach the Nuva hands (not sure how to refer to them?) to, which would easily allow for attachment to a villain's elbows/neck region. I do agree with you that we still need to take this with a grain of salt.

edit:

Heads up guys, wave 2 sets are out in the Watford LEGO shop! This is not a drill! I'll be getting to them once I've had a wander round

Any chance you can take some pictures?

Edited by Mandate

Any chance you can take some pictures?

Absolutely! Apologies for the delay, walking home in a slight rain kinda distracted me :D

Anyways, photos taken. I'll edit them in to this post once they're uploaded :)

Oh man. I'll be shopping today a bit after seeing Jurassic World. Hope they're out state-side!

Alrighty, sorry for the delay! Took me a while to get them over to my PC, make sure they were all oriented correctly then upload them. But, with no further delay, here are the fronts and backs of each set! (And a receipt which shows the individual prices, in case that information wasn't out, and proof of where I bought them from)

Linky!

Edit:

If anyone wants I'll be adding more photos later once they're all built. Got some stuff to take care of at home first though

Edited by Fatoran

What!? These are already out! *huh* I literally live 15 miles from the Watford LEGO Store, I think I'm going to have to find an excuse to pay them a visit tomorrow. I've been wanting to go find the Ant-Man set so this gives me the perfect excuse to go. How many did they have left if you don't mind me asking? I wonder if these are also out in the Westfield Shepherd's Bush LEGO Store?

Dang, no ones reported on this yet? Welp, I guess I'll make a video about it later. :dwacko:

Edited by MonkeyChud

The combo model between Skull Scorpio and the Mask Maker Vs Skull Grinder set actually looks like a good powered-up mode for Skull Grinder, getting some Witch Doctor vibes.

The Skull Basher combo model looks like an improved version of his set, no longer having the issues with the horns.

If anyone wants I'll be adding more photos later once they're all built. Got some stuff to take care of at home first though

Can you do a few photo's showing off the combiners? :3

---

Also, wonder if this means the website update and set release might actually have been pushed forward to the middle of this month? Any chance of that being the case, a mid-june release? Or is this just a case where they have released them too early accidentally.

Edited by Scarilian

What!? These are already out! *huh* I literally live 15 miles from the Watford LEGO Store, I think I'm going to have to find an excuse to pay them a visit tomorrow. I've been wanting to go find the Ant-Man set so this gives me the perfect excuse to go. How many did they have left if you don't mind me asking? I wonder if these are also out in the Westfield Shepherd's Bush LEGO Store?

When I left, the shelves still looked pretty full, I may've been the first to take any. Which wouldn't surprise me, they're mixed in with the first wave sets so I had to double take to make sure I was seeing what I was seeing. Although by tomorrow, who knows!

Also, sorry to say, they didn't have the Ant-Man set in yet. Which is disappointing for me too :(

(Unrelated, love your Psycho avatar :) )

Can you do a few photo's showing off the combiners? :3

I'll certainly see what I can do! Hopefully there's instructions in the booklet, or available online already. I'm unfortunately not too fantastic at the whole figuring out a set from a photo dealy :(

I'll certainly see what I can do! Hopefully there's instructions in the booklet, or available online already. I'm unfortunately not too fantastic at the whole figuring out a set from a photo dealy :(

Hopefully :P If it says a link to the instructions online, can you provide it. With luck the instructions might be online already...

When I left, the shelves still looked pretty full, I may've been the first to take any. Which wouldn't surprise me, they're mixed in with the first wave sets so I had to double take to make sure I was seeing what I was seeing. Although by tomorrow, who knows!

Also, sorry to say, they didn't have the Ant-Man set in yet. Which is disappointing for me too :(

(Unrelated, love your Psycho avatar :) )

No Ant-Man in Watford? I heard they were in the other store I mentioned. Ah well I'll still go anyway, the temptation of new Bionicles is too much for me to resist :grin:

(p.s. thanks! I'm on a bit of a Muse kick hence the Psycho avatar. In fact I'm also MOC'ing it and some of the new Skull Villain bits would work great for it :classic: )

Hopefully :P If it says a link to the instructions online, can you provide it. With luck the instructions might be online already...

Bad news, I'm afraid! Just opened Skull Warrior (photos coming soon), and checked the back of the instructions. Looks like they're located at the same place as the other instructions but, obviously, they aren't live yet :(

Well that was quick. Maybe they're supposed to be released July?

Bummer about the mask, too. Bit disappointed in that.

Bummer about the mask, too. Bit disappointed in that.

The one in the activity book cover, you mean? That shouldn't be a surprise — anybody who expected any exclusive part whatsoever in an activity book cover was kidding themselves. LEGO has been doing these kinds of "activity book with minifigure" or "activity book with model" sets for years and the contents are always parts or figures from other sets. In any case, at least they did go with a mask that's relatively hard-to-get, seeing as it only comes in the largest set of the wave.

LEGO has been doing these kinds of "activity book with minifigure" or "activity book with model" sets for years and the contents are always parts or figures from other sets.

I'm not a minifig expert at all, but I don't think that's entirely true? In any case, it was a selling point of the actual book, and they've obviously been trying with the exclusives this year. Possible? You betcha. Probable? Well, your perception of that is likely where the disappointment will stem from.

I'm not a minifig expert at all, but I don't think that's entirely true? In any case, it was a selling point of the actual book, and they've obviously been trying with the exclusives this year. Possible? You betcha. Probable? Well, your perception of that is likely where the disappointment will stem from.

Aanchir is referring specifically to Ameet's activity books. Those never come with anything exclusive. DK Publishing's visual encyclopedias and things along those lines do often come with exclusive minifigures, but that's a different deal (and company) entirely. So it really wasn't likely at all with this one.

Edited by barnstench fartface