LOSS is out of the picture now

Well, that's rule 1 of fictional death: If you don't see the corpse, it isn't dead.

I'm still willing to bet he'll be chained to Grinder ala Vezon/Fenrakk, and the Grinder Vs Ekimu set will have chains to hook them together.

Well, that's rule 1 of fictional death: If you don't see the corpse, it isn't dead.

I'm still willing to bet he'll be chained to Grinder ala Vezon/Fenrakk, and the Grinder Vs Ekimu set will have chains to hook them together.

Grinder seems too big for that. A protector sized character, maybe. A certain Mask Maker, perhaps?

Pretty sure they cut out the chains from the MMvSG set, which is a bummer. They looked cool.

So with the site beginning to start getting ready to update, do we have a confirmed release date of the sets?

Found some sites qouting August and a store that is selling the sets online in July (around the 20th) is it like a mid-July update we should be expecting?

Official release: August, always August.

Usual release: Between June and September.

Edited by MakutaOfWar

Official release: August, always August.

Usual release: Between June and September. Jeez, people.

Thanks, guess the site will update a month or so prior judging from how it was handled in the Winter update. Hopefully animations will follow

^Of course I usually wait until they appear on the internet these days. Too old to be store hopping like I did in my youth. *sigh* I know HF 2013 appeared online at shop at home in July so that's the earliest I believe they will appear. :P

P.s: I'm speaking for the US here. I'm not sure of other countries(average american view I suppose...)

Edited by MakutaOfWar

^Of course I usually wait until they appear on the internet these days. Too old to be store hopping like I did in my youth. *sigh* I know HF 2013 appeared online at shop at home in July so that's the earliest I believe they will appear. :P

P.s: I'm speaking for the US here. I'm not sure of other countries(average american view I suppose...)

True, i'm UK based and pretty sure an online store had them getting them in-stock for around near late July. US normally has the luck of stores getting them early though, so happy hunting whatever method you choose :)

So the New Order Stormtrooper that was revealed has a new gun piece that utilizes the spring loaded shooter for CCBS... am I the only one that thinks this lends just a bit more credence to the rumors from awhile back about shooters with legs that use the spring-loaded shooter?

Edited by ToaDraco

So the New Order Stormtrooper that was revealed has a new gun piece that utilizes the spring loaded shooter for CCBS... am I the only one that thinks this lends just a bit more credence to the rumors from awhile back about shooters with legs that use the spring-loaded shooter?

You're not the only one. Both sets released around the same time, too. Edited by MonkeyChud

I heard that there were chains involved in the Mask Maker vs Skull Grinder set to chain Grinder to LOSS? Where was this? It it official / canon?

I heard that there were chains involved in the Mask Maker vs Skull Grinder set to chain Grinder to LOSS? Where was this? It it official / canon?

Wishful thinking unfortunately. The prototype images showed SG's weapons with chains on it, but those don't appear to be present in the final product.

I think that was only in the prelims? He doesn't have 'em in the Toy

Odd. A few days ago PoJ disappeared from the Products page from the BIONICLE website, now he's back again.

Considering the sole "new piece" used in the blaster looks completely different from the MSPaint sketch, and the rumors failed to predict that the launcher itself would remain System-based... I don't think it lends any credence at all. It's easy to create a credible rumor by basing it on a direction people were already widely speculating blasters to go in, and apart from that and the obvious guess that the figures would use the already-revealed Star Wars parts, there's no meat to those rumors at all.

The chain in the preliminary art for Mask Maker Vs Skull Grinder was never part of the set to begin with. The Chain was merely part of the background art and the way Skull Grinder was holding his staff made it look like the chain was part of it.

http://cs622526.vk.me/v622526273/188fd/jic-ZplbtU0.jpg Look at the chain compared to Skull Grinder. It doesn't look like either the system chain or the chain introduced in Hewkii Inika. Knowing Lego they would have most likely reused the Hewkii chain part if they were going to include it with Skull Grinder.

Considering the sole "new piece" used in the blaster looks completely different from the MSPaint sketch, and the rumors failed to predict that the launcher itself would remain System-based... I don't think it lends any credence at all. It's easy to create a credible rumor by basing it on a direction people were already widely speculating blasters to go in, and apart from that and the obvious guess that the figures would use the already-revealed Star Wars parts, there's no meat to those rumors at all.

Well maybe he can't remember things quite right and somepart of the design could also be changed after the playtesting or he is talking complete bollocks. Anyways, we should address these in Bionicle 2016 topic... which shouldn't be made until we get some more info. Damn, the fact that there's only five sets for summer is hurting the discussion.

Well maybe he can't remember things quite right and somepart of the design could also be changed after the playtesting or he is talking complete bollocks. Anyways, we should address these in Bionicle 2016 topic... which shouldn't be made until we get some more info. Damn, the fact that there's only five sets for summer is hurting the discussion.

Yep. By now, the only interesting thing to do is speculate on the summer storyline until something official comes along.

http://cs622526.vk.m...jic-ZplbtU0.jpg Look at the chain compared to Skull Grinder. It doesn't look like either the system chain or the chain introduced in Hewkii Inika. Knowing Lego they would have most likely reused the Hewkii chain part if they were going to include it with Skull Grinder.

To me that chain screams the 'Barraki Tentacle' something along those lines would have been epic to have in the set, its unfortunate they seem to not include it. Hope someone makes a fan-made version as it gave character to the weapon. Personally viewed it as him having a living chain that could grasp the mask from Ekimu.

Fingers crossed they are real, have a lot of hope they are because of the idea of a shooterarm that could connect with CCBS. Would be great for MOC's as you could literally give them rocket fists :P Also... ghosts with Bionicle did sound like an interesting concept. Wonder if the rest of the things will hold true;

- Pic 1

- Pic 2

- Pic 3

Do you have a link to the thread where those pics came from? :dblush::alien:

The next few months are going to be 2spooki4me. :pirate_skel1: :pirate_skel1: :pirate_skel1::jollyroger: :jollyroger: :jollyroger::pir-cry_sad:

Edited by MonkeyChud

Fingers crossed they are real, have a lot of hope they are because of the idea of a shooterarm that could connect with CCBS. Would be great for MOC's as you could literally give them rocket fists :P Also... ghosts with Bionicle did sound like an interesting concept. Wonder if the rest of the things will hold true;

- Pic 1

- Pic 2

- Pic 3

outside of the steep slope armor addon we have seen every other piece shown in those sketches.

the torso armor with the belt detail, the slender leg shell, and now what seems to be the technic/ccbs adaptor for the shooter brick.

i wanna say those images are legit.

The slender leg shell looks an awful lot like that new shell to be released with the new Star Wars figures..

Creature with the launcher looks... interesting....

The slender leg shell looks an awful lot like that new shell to be released with the new Star Wars figures..

Creature with the launcher looks... interesting....

so does the torso piece. it's actually why i think at least the sketches are legit. they came out last year or earlier this year from someone who's kid nephew was part of a focus group for the 2016 toys. the fact those parts came to be seen in the new star wars constraction lends credence to those old claims.