It would be nice if the mask is distributed through other channels for the sake of other fans, and it very well might be — note the case of the NYCC Masks of Fire that were numbered "out of 100 made" in their VIP event packaging but which we know at least 1500 of were made total.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I've got the NYCC trans-Hau in front of me right now, and the packaging states on the back, "2014 New York Comic Con LEGO BIONICLE Exclusive Tahu Mask - 1 of only 1500!"

I'm still hoping for a special/limited edition set to fill in the two absent blended masks. You'd think they would make something like that accessible to everyone.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I've got the NYCC trans-Hau in front of me right now, and the packaging states on the back, "2014 New York Comic Con LEGO BIONICLE Exclusive Tahu Mask - 1 of only 1500!"

That's his point—there were TWO batches of clear Tahu masks released. The first (the ones released to NYCC visitors) were listed as one of 1500. The second set was numbered, exclusively for the attendees of the VIP Lego Store event, out of just 100. Considering this Gali mask is in fact numbered, it has more in common with the latter than the former... which raises the possibility that it, too, will see a comparably wider release.

That's his point—there were TWO batches of clear Tahu masks released. The first (the ones released to NYCC visitors) were listed as one of 1500. The second set was numbered, exclusively for the attendees of the VIP Lego Store event, out of just 100. Considering this Gali mask is in fact numbered, it has more in common with the latter than the former... which raises the possibility that it, too, will see a comparably wider release.

Yep! If you need reference:

Regular packaging — "1 of only 1500", not individually numbered

VIP event packaging — "### of only 100 made!", individually numbered

Same mask, different promotions, different packaging.

Edited by Aanchir

Yep! If you need reference:

Regular packaging — "1 of only 1500", not individually numbered

VIP event packaging — "### of only 100 made!", individually numbered

Same mask, different promotions, different packaging.

Darn, if I had known there were pics that good on Bricklink, I wouldn't have gone through the trouble of uploading and captioning photos for my Flickr.

Doesn't show up in my browser probably because 'Murica. Prices for the summer sets, I presume?

Doesn't show up in my browser probably because 'Murica. Prices for the summer sets, I presume?

More than that: New pictures and descriptions.

Veeeeery cool. I'm looking forward to the summer wave, the Skull villains have a surprising amount of personality.

Dunno why the links aren't working, the stuff is all accessible if you just go to the site and search. There are some interesting tidbits in the descriptions:

- the new blade elements are designed to hook onto and rip off toa masks

- warrior and grinder's mask is just 'skull mask,' scorpio and basher's is 'Bull Skull Mask'

- According to the description, it seems Skull Slicer is an ancient warrior of the city reanimated by a Skull Spider. His setting is also apparently an arena.

- Warrior, Slicer, and Basher combine, Scorpio and Grinder combine

- It's not the Great Forge, it's the Temple of Creation

- Ekimu's weapon is the Hammer of Power

Mask Maker vs Skull Grinder does not seem like a 40 dollar set. I may hold off and wait for the price to drop before I grab it. I'll get Skull Warrior and Skull Scorpio as soon as they are released however. I may also get Skull Slicer and Skull Basher once they also go down in price.

Here's hoping they'll also go on clearance at Targets. Now that Canada finally has Target stores.

Same, but I searched for it and it put into this URL http://m.bestbuy.ca/...icle〈=en-CA

Not much notable aside form this pic:

10372217_1.jpg

Looks way cooler than what it looked like at the Toy Fair.

Props to photo-editing.

And don't believe those prices, people. Ekimu vs. Skull Grinder is obviously going to be 35$ in the States.

Edited by MonkeyChud

Dunno why the links aren't working, the stuff is all accessible if you just go to the site and search. There are some interesting tidbits in the descriptions:

- the new blade elements are designed to hook onto and rip off toa masks

- warrior and grinder's mask is just 'skull mask,' scorpio and basher's is 'Bull Skull Mask'

- According to the description, it seems Skull Slicer is an ancient warrior of the city reanimated by a Skull Spider. His setting is also apparently an arena.

- Warrior, Slicer, and Basher combine, Scorpio and Grinder combine

- It's not the Great Forge, it's the Temple of Creation

- Ekimu's weapon is the Hammer of Power

You left out the most interesting tidbit of all (as far as sets are concerned, anyway): there will be two combi models! One for Grinder and Scorpio and one for the other three sets.

And actually the U.S. prices are $30 for Grinder and $15 for the rest. I don't know why people are just now making a big deal over prices... U.S. and Canadian prices have all been known since New York Toy Fair in February.

Edited by Aanchir

Mask Maker vs Skull Grinder does not seem like a 40 dollar set. I may hold off and wait for the price to drop before I grab it. I'll get Skull Warrior and Skull Scorpio as soon as they are released however. I may also get Skull Slicer and Skull Basher once they also go down in price.

Here's hoping they'll also go on clearance at Targets. Now that Canada finally has Target stores.

Except didn't a ton of our Targets close?

You left out the most interesting tidbit of all (as far as sets are concerned, anyway): there will be two combi models! One for Grinder and Scorpio and one for the other three sets.

He didn't, it's the third-to-last bulletpoint. :3

How did I not notice that Ekimu uses all trans bones (minus the torso). Looks really cool. Like he's a being of energy wearing golden armor.

@Aanchir: He did mention it. Third from the bottom ;) EDIT: nvm. Agile Cat said it first.

Regardless, very cool to hear. I hope the combi models are canon just so we can have skeleton amalgamation monsters.

Edited by Kalhiki

Ah, sorry. I'm having a hard time keeping up. I'm on my phone because my internet went down right when I pulled up the pics (for unrelated reasons).

More than that: New pictures and descriptions.

Ain't showing up for me either. Deep links please? ;-;

(Pretty please?)

The one I can see that was posted looks awesome. Despite my certain criticisms, I am really excited to get ahold of these.

I gotta say, maybe it's just because I never leave models stock, but I'm not as averse to these sets as I was. I mean, the lack of unique masks is a shame, but whatever. It is what it is and hopefully things will improve. Skull scorpion still looks damn awful, but he has a lot of very useful parts. (is that the first time we've seen those IFB spider-bone legs in black? Regardless, they're awesome) Warrior and Slicer are very plain, but shouldn't be hard to spice up. Basher and Grinder are the best and most cohesive to me. Aside from Grinder though, I'm not digging the haphazard trans orange on everyone. I don't dislike the idea of mixed trans colours, but the orange is so sporatic and minimal it feels out of place.

I'm excited for them simply because they're Bionicle and CCBS, two very fun aspects of Lego for me and I know I'll have a lot of fun MOCing with them and creating my own Skull legion, but I can totally see why those not into heavy modding would not share in my anticipation.

Edited by One Very Agile Cat

I'm actually a little disappointed in Basher, the new pose does not make him look as formidable, just more gangly. But the others still look amazing, and there's a good amount of story to be mined.

Personally I'm hoping the "multi-headed warrior" features in the story somehow. The three humanoids get taken out, and resurrect again as some huge monster.

Can someone dump the rest of the new photos somewhere. I wasn''t able to get anything else besides that MakervsGrinder

I have the pics, I'll add them to the first post right now. :wink:

EDIT : Done.