^Black/trans red, you say?

*Faints*

Oops. I forgot, LEGO doesn't like using trans. red anymore.

ヽヽ༼༼ຈຈل͜ل͜ຈຈ༽༽ノノ MODS TURN OFF THE VIBRATOR ヽヽ༼༼ຈຈل͜ل͜ຈຈ༽༽ノノ

Edited by LewiMOC

Ekimu's "Golden Mask" is the MOCR itself, possibly to change if "Toa Ekimu" rumors are correct (please no LEGO). That just made me realize something... there's a chance we'll get a gold/trans purple blend and/or a black/trans red blend of Protector masks! :wub:

Not sure why you dislike the idea of a Toa Ekimu, would be nice to have another Ekimu set that perhaps has more exclusives. After all, chances are we'll just get the Toa again otherwise.

Also given the Mask Makers are apparently a different species to the Protectors and Villagers (Given their have been multiple generations of Protectors and Villagers while Ekimu/Makuta are apparently still alive) the chances of Ekimu/Makuta being a similar species to the Toa is pretty high. So maybe the rumors are correct...

Also given the Mask Makers are apparently a different species to the Protectors and Villagers (Given their have been multiple generations of Protectors and Villagers while Ekimu/Makuta are apparently still alive) the chances of Ekimu/Makuta being a similar species to the Toa is pretty high. So maybe the rumors are correct...

Being almost immortal and being different species is not the same thing.

Oops. I forgot, LEGO doesn't like using trans. red anymore.

LEGO doesn't like using trans-red in CCBS :wink: But given trans-red wasn't even used in constraction before the ddawn of CCBS that much (aside from pieces used as eyes and brain stalks), we're unlikely to see the colour ever being used in CCBS.

Which is a shame, I'm still waiting for true trans-red shells. I was bored of trans-neon orange by 2012, and trans-red would look so much better in many cases in CCBS sets. Something about trans-red makes it look so much more sinister than trans-neon orange :look:

LEGO doesn't like using trans-red in CCBS :wink: But given trans-red wasn't even used in constraction before the ddawn of CCBS that much (aside from pieces used as eyes and brain stalks), we're unlikely to see the colour ever being used in CCBS.

Which is a shame, I'm still waiting for true trans-red shells. I was bored of trans-neon orange by 2012, and trans-red would look so much better in many cases in CCBS sets. Something about trans-red makes it look so much more sinister than trans-neon orange :look:

Might be too dark color... I don't know, It's something I should see with my own eyes. But just to note, the flame piece has trans-red red in it

Yeah, but that's still not the same as plain tr. red shells. And anyway, tr. red's darker look is precisely what makes it look more sinister.

Being almost immortal and being different species is not the same thing.

I suppose so, though i'd be confused as to how two members of the same species as the rest would seemingly be immortal without anything to differentiate them. The idea of them being a different species that perhaps has a longer life span in theory fixes that issue.

Something about trans-red makes it look so much more sinister than trans-neon orange :look:

If I had to guess, it's because orange looks lively, while tr. red is closer to dark red, so it reminds you of blood.

I think that tr. reddish orange is better for eyes as it's more vibrant, but I don't see why we can't get tr. red shells since we've already gotten parts in tr. blue and tr. purple (which are just as dark).

Edited by Shakar

Ekimu's "Golden Mask" is the MOCR itself, possibly to change if "Toa Ekimu" rumors are correct (please no LEGO). That just made me realize something... there's a chance we'll get a gold/trans purple blend and/or a black/trans red blend of Protector masks! :wub:

I know their golden masks are the MOCR and MOCO. That's why I said maybe they'll release their non-golden, elemental-colored masks.

Honestly I wish trans red was retired.

And replaced with a brighter tone that was still red.

It is just too dark. And indistinguishable from solid black unless there's a lot of light in the room.

It is just too dark. And indistinguishable from solid black unless there's a lot of light in the room.

You mean trans-orange...? I don't think trans-red has been used a lot.

Honestly I agree. It's too dark and tr. reddish orange is still orange, no matter how much they try to pass it as red. Something more vibrant, like the red on corrupted!Makuta, would be ideal. Like tr. bright green is for the much darker and less vibrant tr. green (Onua's classical eye colour).

Why the hate for tr. red? It's as dark as it needs to be. If you want it to look brighter (and why would you?), put non-translucent red behind it. I can honestly not think of any MOCcing occasion where a lighter shade of tr. red would have been useful. Does that happen often to you?

Guys!!! The 14k Mask of Creation has already been given away on the Bionicle webite!!! http://www.lego.com/...nicle/products/

That was pretty weak...

There has been floating around some more funnier things, like Elves constratction. Can't link them because it's still a leak in Eurobricks policy and has prelimnary all over them. In case it actually is true. Ha.

That was pretty weak...

There has been floating around some more funnier things, like Elves constratction. Can't link them because it's still a leak in Eurobricks policy and has prelimnary all over them. In case it actually is true. Ha.

You want something funny? Go look at the cow man a few comments up.

If I had to guess, it's because orange looks lively, while tr. red is closer to dark red, so it reminds you of blood.

I think that's the main reason why LEGO don't do trans-red shells - it's a very blood-like colour, and blood ultimately relates to gore and I don't think LEGO wants to touch that territory in case it gets complaints from an over-cautious parent or something like that. Well, that's what I think the reason is, as stupid as it might sound.

Why the hate for tr. red? It's as dark as it needs to be. If you want it to look brighter (and why would you?), put non-translucent red behind it. I can honestly not think of any MOCcing occasion where a lighter shade of tr. red would have been useful. Does that happen often to you?

I agree.

Not to mention... wouldn't a lighter shade of trans-red technically turn it to some shade of trans-pink, an entirely different colour altogether? Think about it in terms of, let's say, mixing paint, you would use white paint if you wanted to make a colour lighter. Primary or bright red mixed with even a little white generates a pink colour. Dark red generates more of a plum colour. An RGB colour chart (available in many photo and art apps) illustrates this :classic:

But anyway... my point is, I think trans-neon orange is sometimes too bright and lively, especially on some villains and can spoil any dark and creepy vibe they have about them (exception being if they have, say, an elemental affinity with Fire or something like that). In fact, I'm tempted to see what LOSS looks like with trans-red. Might be time to dust off the LDD I have of him from when I did my planned mods...

Anywho... back on topic I guess.

I think that's the main reason why LEGO don't do trans-red shells - it's a very blood-like colour, and blood ultimately relates to gore and I don't think LEGO wants to touch that territory in case it gets complaints from an over-cautious parent or something like that. Well, that's what I think the reason is, as stupid as it might sound.

You might be onto something. I remember that the sky in Core Hunter's preliminary box art was blood red but was changed to a much more ordinary blue sky in the final art. I can't think of another reason other than "blood red is too scary", but I might be wrong.

By the way, I think the Skull villains' are pretty daring as far as Lego figures go, I think they're the scariest looking Lego villains since Mantax.

stop that immediately

Eh, I won't, thank you.

You might be onto something. I remember that the sky in Core Hunter's preliminary box art was blood red but was changed to a much more ordinary blue sky in the final art. I can't think of another reason other than "blood red is too scary", but I might be wrong.

By the way, I think the Skull villains' are pretty daring as far as Lego figures go, I think they're the scariest looking Lego villains since Mantax.

I haven't seen that particular prelim art, but there might be similar thinking behind that change indeed. Though you do get red skies iin the real world, so the reason for the edit may not be as clear-cut as just "too scary".

I agree. The Skull Villains for the most part look scarier than anything in G1 Bionicle. The masks especially, with their almost demonic and certainly very sinister appearance. And since you brought up Barraki (the creepiest of the "villains" in G1), I always regarded Takadox as pretty scary and creepy myself (in fact, didn't LEGO label him as such?). Didn't stop me from buying 6 of him though, I love sets that push that boundary of creepiness. It's likely I'll be picking up multiple copies of many of the Skull Villains :classic: