The sets are not outright bad but with small fixes the would be so much better. No exposed joints on Slicer and the case of the armor addon not pushing that much outwards. Maybe it will look better in person who knows what "effect" aesthically the other side of it has. My guess is that i still looks too much outwards tho. Could it be the case that while broken the armor is also supposed to look like it's bent?

Edited by GK733

I do not believe for a second that that was a deliberate, aesthetic choice. The gappy torso syndrome has happened plenty of times before, and will happen again, as part of lego's ongoing mission to use as few pieces as possible. Ekimu has a gappy torso too, and he isn't a skeleton. Nor are the toa, some of whom also share this problem.

Intentional or not (most probably not, due to reasons you expressed), I still like how it turned out. Grinder sports the gappy torso better than anyone before.

Hey guys! I've lurked here for a long time now, and I guess it's time for me to chime in.

Someone a few pages back (Don't feel like finding it) asked if the Mask of Creation we're getting has the writing on it.

1) When LEGO announced the return of Bionicle, they showed off a few pictures, one being a 3D model of the Mask of Creation. That model has the writing.

2) They also showed off Gold (plated I presume) copies of all six Toa masks, plus the Mast of Creation. It too has the writing.

Based on this I would assume they are using the same model and mold for the retail version.

As for my thoughts on these upcoming sets:

1) I love the transparent torsos. I definitely don't want to miss any, I just don't know how useful they will be for MoCing.

2) The transparent green on (Slicer?), I'm in love with. I can NOT wait to use those. The rest of him, however.... Eh. He has that look where he's been in the ground the longest. My personal head canon, at the moment, is the skull spider is one that controlled him when he died, and it died with him, becoming his face/mask.

3) The chest armor looks nice on all but Slicer. They don't appear decayed as much as his.

I know I'll get Ekimu and Grinder. I'll either buy the rest, for completion sake, or buy just the parts I want. I'm definitely going to get as many of those masks as I can.

Other notes. There ARE Two distinctly different villain masks, and I love them both:

yQyLShM.png

Another note: I don't think anybody has pointed out the masks are being taken away AND there are hands on each box reaching to grab them back.

GcOogjV.png

Any pics of the freebee being given away in March?

Here's BZP's news story on it where they link the British calendar.

Here's the contents of the bag:

• Trans-Neon-Orange Mask of Fire
  • Dark Blue Skull Spider
  • Mask-themed Poster
  • Mask-themed Stickers
  • Toa biography pamphlet
  • Okoto map

As you can tell, it is mostly more story info pamphlets, which isn't a bad thing!

Available February in most countries, and March in North America!

Hey guys! I've lurked here for a long time now, and I guess it's time for me to chime in.

Someone a few pages back (Don't feel like finding it) asked if the Mask of Creation we're getting has the writing on it.

1) When LEGO announced the return of Bionicle, they showed off a few pictures, one being a 3D model of the Mask of Creation. That model has the writing.

2) They also showed off Gold (plated I presume) copies of all six Toa masks, plus the Mast of Creation. It too has the writing.

Based on this I would assume they are using the same model and mold for the retail version.

As for my thoughts on these upcoming sets:

1) I love the transparent torsos. I definitely don't want to miss any, I just don't know how useful they will be for MoCing.

2) The transparent green on (Slicer?), I'm in love with. I can NOT wait to use those. The rest of him, however.... Eh. He has that look where he's been in the ground the longest. My personal head canon, at the moment, is the skull spider is one that controlled him when he died, and it died with him, becoming his face/mask.

3) The chest armor looks nice on all but Slicer. They don't appear decayed as much as his.

I know I'll get Ekimu and Grinder. I'll either buy the rest, for completion sake, or buy just the parts I want. I'm definitely going to get as many of those masks as I can.

Other notes. There ARE Two distinctly different villain masks, and I love them both:

yQyLShM.png

Another note: I don't think anybody has pointed out the masks are being taken away AND there are hands on each box reaching to grab them back.

GcOogjV.png

Both of those have been noticed multiple times before, but that's not to your discredit! They're certainly interesting little details. Looking forward to what story implications these finds will have.

Here's BZP's news story on it where they link the British calendar.

Here's the contents of the bag:

• Trans-Neon-Orange Mask of Fire
  • Dark Blue Skull Spider
  • Mask-themed Poster
  • Mask-themed Stickers
  • Toa biography pamphlet
  • Okoto map

As you can tell, it is mostly more story info pamphlets, which isn't a bad thing!

Available February in most countries, and March in North America!

Both of those have been noticed multiple times before, but that's not to your discredit! They're certainly interesting little details. Looking forward to what story implications these finds will have.

I hadnt noticed I guess all the armor conversations are hiding nuggets

So the skullies have been stealing masks, hrmmm.

Edited by Rayskull

It's a pity my country probably won't see the polybag. Hopefully some store will get it as an exclusive, but it's unlikely. Polybags hardly ever see retail release over here.

Completely stupid theory I came up with and yet don't really believe. What if the reason there are only four blended Toa masks is because the corresponding skull monsters are zombified versions of Kopaka, Pohatu, Lewa, and Onua. They could tailor the story to have Gali and Tahu have to stand alone against the horde, and it work as an excuse for not having their blended mask variants. I actually dont really believe this would be a good story route but I could see them doing that as a story excuse.

Completely stupid theory I came up with and yet don't really believe. What if the reason there are only four blended Toa masks is because the corresponding skull monsters are zombified versions of Kopaka, Pohatu, Lewa, and Onua. They could tailor the story to have Gali and Tahu have to stand alone against the horde, and it work as an excuse for not having their blended mask variants. I actually dont really believe this would be a good story route but I could see them doing that as a story excuse.

Assuming that the skeletal hand which was shown breaking out of the ground in the prematurely-released webisode 9 belongs to one of the summer wave's Skull warriors, this is impossible.

Assuming that the skeletal hand which was shown breaking out of the ground in the prematurely-released webisode 9 belongs to one of the summer wave's Skull warriors, this is impossible.

Fair point, forgot about that in the three seconds it took me to puke up that theory. If they are rising from the ground though, then what kind of zombies are they then? That is to say what beings or species were they before they died. They have the stature of Toa, though I doubt they'd be that. It seems like Lego is trying to go back to the 2001-2003 atmosphere of Tahu and the Toa being incredibly unique entities. The skull band members are also too big to be protectors. Perhaps they could tie them into whatever new species will most likely be introduced in future years?

I doubt they're going to get that specific with the mythos; they're skull warriors guarding an ancient city. Seems like a basic enough conceit to understand.

What a bunch of new and recoloured pieces! I don't think they are good like sets but this parts have a lot of potential. I definitely will buy Skull Grinder and Mask Maker, he look good but obviously unfinished. I think that in combination with Furno XL, it will look great! They both use red and gray, and SG with a cape...

Skull Basher/Scorpio's mask reminds me of Hannibal Lecter's mask. :p

What if in one of the episodes Gali comes across one of the two and he is just like: "Good evening Gali. Quid pro qou."? I would just lose my shit if that happens. XD

Edited by Bbrink1996

Skull Basher/Scorpio's mask reminds me of Hannibal Lecter's mask. :p

What if in one of the episodes Gali comes across one of the two and he is just like: "Good evening Gali. Quid pro qou."? I would just lose my shit if that happens. XD

"I ate his Kanohi with fava beans..."

XD Anyways, anybody else love how evil these all look?

could someone clarify a couple of things that I couldn't work out about the promotion?

Is it only in physical lego stores, or can it be done on shop@home as well?

Is it with any purchase, or does it have to be Bionicle that you're buying?

Hopefully you can also buy it separately on the side (like you could with the black brain gwp) so I can easily obtain multiples of the pack..

Hopefully you can also buy it separately on the side (like you could with the black brain gwp) so I can easily obtain multiples of the pack..

Or you can go to a Lego Store, buy a CMF (or any cheap item), get the GWP, leave the store, immediately come back, and repeat. :laugh:

I didn't know you could buy the Black Brain polybag separately, if it's also the case for this one, I'll definitely buy multiples.

Aslo, wouldn't it be funny if Skull Grinder sounded like Skeletor in the web show? I'm really excited for all the new sets, I'll post my new opinions about them later.

"I must have the Legendary Mask of Creation! MYEEEEH!"

Wait, the GWP will be available in March in the US? Well then.....

I love the new masks. They look really menacing and threatening, perfect for a group like this.

Yeah, the new masks are great! I mainly love the vertical slit-mouths; it makes them look alien, unique, and menacing.

I'm pretty sure that there's a note with the offer that says that it can't be bought. On the other hand, the black brain promotion went so badly that I think I got three extra of them when I came to the store. And that was at least a month after the promotion had ended.

I don't remember the black brain being available for separate purchase, but who knows. They way overstocked that one, which is a shame, since it probably trashed out chances of getting the other HF polybags. I'm glad they're giving BIONICLE a chance, but I'll have to get in there early to make sure they don't sell out, since they probably learned their lesson from last time.

Well I'd guess the story goes like this. Makuta/MouP created obstacles so no one could resurrect Ekimu.

Ancient deceased warriors from the era of Mask Makers are reanimated by MoUP as nightmarish Skull warriors to make sure no one gets to Ekimu (apparently it took some other guys hands to slicer but mistakes do happen).

The skullguys take toas' golden masks and destroy their elemental powers

They need to find their elemental powers from themsleves. The masks just kinda ignited them while they were extinguished during the travel to Okoto?. (Could work as a hint towards the G1 connection)

I hope they lose their golden masks forever, I don't personally like how they look with them. And now is a great opportunity to do that.

And just to say, the toa have some resembleance even to their Mistika/Phantoka forms.

Lewa has those things on his shoulders, Pohatu's boomerangs could be what's remainign of his rotors, Gali has large shoulderpads (Mistika had ones that were raised up), Onua's torso armoring is very much similiar to the one in Mistika, Kopaka has the least resembleance to his Adaptive armor form. only his launcher has a little simliarity with his spear. Tahu has more golden pieces than any other toa, resembling his golden armor. All in all. The toa are a mix betveen their normal Nuva and adaptive forms, aside from their masks they have close to no resembleance to their mata forms.

I see people comparing these to nuva and Mata all the time but completely forgetting Mistika/Phantoka.

Edited by GK733

My personal theory on the Summer story is the following:

• The Toa get into the city and awaken Ekimu himself without a hitch.
  • Ekimu reveals that, in order to unlock the MoC, he must melt down the Toa's golden masks to pour the raw elemental energy into the vault.
  • He does so but is halfway through the process when the Skull Army raids and steals the half-melted masks; they plan to do the process themselves.
  • The Toa must battle the Skull Army in order to retrieve their Golden masks.
  • In the end they do so and unlock the MoC- but Skull Grinder comes in and steals it.
  • The Toa are all able to retrieve the mask and Ekimu dons it once he defeats Skull Grinder.