Yay pictures!

Warrior: Easily my least favorite. Fact that he re-uses the same mask as the main villain is also quite a disappointment (you'd think the main baddie would have an exclusive mask). On the other sets, I don't mind the orange, but here with the light blue... Eugh.

Slicer: Doesn't look too bad, but also isn't the best. Don't mind the Skull Spider Mask, and the chest printing looks cool too.

Scorpio. Liking him a bit more. The tail also seems to have a "pull trigger-tail snaps" function that I can totally dig. Not as bad as I was expecting.

Basher: Looks good. Already voiced my opinion.

Grinder: Definitely my fave. Ekimu looks good, and Grinder looks properly evil. Interesting shoulders as well.

I think I'll end up getting Grinder, Basher, and probably Slicer or Scorpio. The others can wait.

It's funny I saw most of these things right from the prelims...

I don't get what's wrong with asemmytery it makes even more sense with these guys, they are fallen warriors. Their armor was broken before they even were dead. Armor doesn't break symmetrically. In Warrior's case, yes his legs are too much different from eachother in aesthetic way.. Keep in mind these guy's are not trying to look like zombies. They have the "skull" in their name for a reason.

Edited by GK733

Oh man am I excited for these sets.

Honestly, the only disappointing part is Skull Slicer's re-use of the Skull Spider mask; hopefully that plays into it somehow, rather than him just having that as a face, although it is convenient. Still, they could have at least given us gunmetal or some new color.

Why are people bashing the reuse of masks with Skull Warrior and Grinder when I'm pretty sure Basher and Scorpio use the same as well.

Edited by Kingslayer

These are just as disappointing as the preliminary pics made them out to be, oh well. There's a couple of nice new parts I guess?

My only main complaint would be the number of villains in this Summer wave. I originally planned on putting 1 wave-per-shelf, but since there's only six characters, I'll just have to put LoSS with the rest of the Skull Crew and Ekimu with the good guys since there's gonna be a lot of empty space.

Well, the bug-like face of the Spider mask complements the six limbs rather nicely, in my opinion.

While I do quite like that way of thinking, I guess I'm just hoping for some deeper meaning than just a cute visual trick.

Also, it does seem like the Skull Basher/Scorpio mask might actually be the dark image from the previews... although it's odd because that mask is clearly black. Exclusive, maybe? =P.

I rather like Skull Slicer's mask. Given that he already bears a resemblance to Kali (at least as portrayed in Temple of Doom =P), the sinister and alien Skull Spider mold helps to reinforce that appearance.

While I do quite like that way of thinking, I guess I'm just hoping for some deeper meaning than just a cute visual trick.

Also, it does seem like the Skull Basher/Scorpio mask might actually be the dark image from the previews... although it's odd because that mask is clearly black. Exclusive, maybe? =P.

It looks more like the Warrior/Grinder mask to me. It's too wide at the bottom.

Speaking of masks, the current situation reminds me of the Fire Villains from HF, where there were only two different heads, shared between four villains. Saying that, each mask did have two different faces on them, as opposed to the two new masks we have here.

It could very well be that these pieces, if not for of course the weapoons and in some cases maybe the torn shell add-on might be only things with some recolored bones that will carry to the Winter wave.

I'm not eager to get any of the Star Wars ultrabuild sets (those horrible horrible prices and the so overly milked franchise into Disney's pockets, ugh makes me almost puke) but, I could almost bet that we will see plenty of the pieces with them carry to the Bionicle 2016 sets, even more so than the ones from the skullguys. This is why I can't wait to see the models and analyze the new pieces. I really at least hope so.

Any guess when they will be revealed?

Edited by GK733

It looks more like the Warrior/Grinder mask to me. It's too wide at the bottom.

Speaking of masks, the current situation reminds me of the Fire Villains from HF, where there were only two different heads, shared between four villains. Saying that, each mask did have two different faces on them, as opposed to the two new masks we have here.

Oh, sorry, I was totally vague in that wasn't I? I meant the looming mask in the winter promos, usually behind LOSS. This one.

The Skull mask from the summer preview in the insert (which they still haven't fixed on lego.com despite me emailing them about it grrr) is totally Grinder/Warrior.

Oh, sorry, I was totally vague in that wasn't I? I meant the looming mask in the winter promos, usually behind LOSS. This one.

The Skull mask from the summer preview in the insert (which they still haven't fixed on lego.com despite me emailing them about it grrr) is totally Grinder/Warrior.

Yes, that does appear to be the Basher/Scorpio mask. I wonder why they chose that, as opposed to the Grinder/Warrior mask, seeing that it got a whole teaser to itself.

Loving Skull Warrior, really good. Easily my favourite. Followed by Skull Grinder, the only thing I don't like about Grinder is the lower torso being a bit iffy on it, but looks good. The rest are eh... I wish they didn't reuse masks again.

I wonder if switching Skull Slicer and Skull Scorpio's masks around would make them look a bit better. I think it would make sense for Skull Scorpio to have a Skull spider mask.

I wonder if switching Skull Slicer and Skull Scorpio's masks around would make them look a bit better. I think it would make sense for Skull Scorpio to have a Skull spider mask.

Yep it would definetly had made more sense. Even more so with a gunmetalcolored one. While it would had took some out of Scorpio it wouldn't at least seem out of place. It would had definelty helped Slicer to look less cheap.

after looking at the pics, is it just me or does the Mask of creation look off to anyone else? looks too smooth, might just be because the couple of shots it's in it's still kinda far away, but it doesn't look like it has the carvings or whatever that's on every single version we've seen. the solid gold one from comic con had em so I'm guessing it's just my eyes but wanted to see what everyone else thought lol, I'd be kinda bummed if it didn't.

Speaking of switching masks, it would have made so much more sense to switch Warrior and Grinder's masks : Warrior has a silver chestpiece and a gunmetal mask, and Grinder has a gunmetal chestpiece and a silver mask.

No black friction extenders.

This does not please VBBN.

Hm.

Speaking of switching masks, it would have made so much more sense to switch Warrior and Grinder's masks : Warrior has a silver chestpiece and a gunmetal mask, and Grinder has a gunmetal chestpiece and a silver mask.

Could that maybe be a Toyfair mixup? I know the prelim images make it look like Grinder has silver, but still... these things have been assembled wrong in the past =P.

Could that maybe be a Toyfair mixup? I know the prelim images make it look like Grinder has silver, but still... these things have been assembled wrong in the past =P.

That's what I thought, but the MMvSG box shows a silver mask. :/

That's what I thought, but the MMvSG box shows a silver mask. :/

Ah, that's where the box ran off too. And actually a box, and not some weird hexagonal thing, amusingly enough. Oh well.

Buy both and swap their masks! =P