Ugh, the horns on Skull Basher do not work out well at all. They stick too far out for their size and thickness at the base. Maybe if the skull was less gracile, it'd work better.

The pointless trans orange is still terrible, too; the chest print's attempt to bring it out a little more doesn't work.

Oh man, Basher looks absolutely great! Ekimu is okay, but I really want a picture of him with the MOCR.

Best chance of that at the moment would be the back of the box art, though at the moment we've only seen the front in prelims.

Thanks for finding the pics!

No problem, hopefully i can find more soon

You know I never thought about how strange it would be if their mask fell off....skull -> face

Skull -> Face -> Skull

Skullception!!

Edit: I got an idea. A skull head mold that can wear masks.

No, it's actually a terrible idea. Fail.

Edited by vl_cn

Basher looks uglier than I thought, and that's saying something. The new bone pieces are completely useless, from the look of it, lacking even a hole for a stud and having ridiculously thin edges. Bones are usually a lot thicker than that. And the torso is awful. Ekimu looks worse if anything, but that's probably just the lighting.

Edited by DraikNova

Have to say that I LOVE Basher's chest print, but I do not like the horns. I will probably reattatch them straight out to the sides. I am looking forward to the 'Bashing' function though! It looks like they used Trans-Clear for Ekimu's generic mask, but I am hoping that is just the lighting washing out the blue. The bones pieces also look quite fragile.

lol. I love the divide in opinions. One post loves him, the next hates him.

I love him, personally. That mask is absolutely gorgeous. I'm getting a Metallo vibe off of it, and that it wonderful. I also love the hints of Skull Spider on it as well with the forehead plating. Very cool.

The new torso shell is also looking sweet as are the new bones. And there's definitely some sort of function with all that technic on his back.

Also, grey/silver torso bone. I don't think we've gotten one of those before.

Not much to say about Ekimu. Looks good, I guess.

lol. I love the divide in opinions. One post loves him, the next hates him.

I love him, personally. That mask is absolutely gorgeous. I'm getting a Metallo vibe off of it, and that it wonderful. I also love the hints of Skull Spider on it as well with the forehead plating. Very cool.

The new torso shell is also looking sweet as are the new bones. And there's definitely some sort of function with all that technic on his back.

Also, grey/silver torso bone. I don't think we've gotten one of those before.

Not much to say about Ekimu. Looks good, I guess.

The mask is certainly a highlight of the set, and I'm sure it will be awesome when we get it in person. Also, we have gotten a dark grey wide-shouldered torso bone before but I am betting this one is a silver narrow-shouldered torso bone, which is brand new. Don't get me wrong, I am sure he is an awesome set, but he isn't 100% perfect.

A silver torso? neat. They also got the whole 'sheep skull vibe' down perfectly. Horns still look ridiculous though.

Ekimu's colours look very odd in this pic, but I imagine it's just the lighting.

Edited by Timeline15

I love Basher's torso print. But I don't like his mask nor his horns (too big, IMO). His arms function is interesting, it looks like Dragon Bolt's mechanism. It's... cool, I think, to have a silver torso, although I would have preferred dark bley.

Ekimu's mask looks trans-clear, but perhaps it's the lighting.

I'm not sure how the function is built, but looking at the pieces behind his neck, he might have like a bashing-clapping function of some sort. Well, it would make sense at least.

I hope all of the functions on these villains are done as well as the Toa.

If he has a bashing function, I would have preferred some form of blunt weapons to the axes he has. I can't think of many uses for an ax in bashing them together that aren't much better utilized with blunt weapons.

Glad to see that even some of the humanoid baddies will have unconventional action features, rather than just every one of them having the same vertically-swinging arms as the Toa! I was worried, after learning that most of the new baddies were humanoid, that we wouldn't see a whole lot of creativity on a functional level. But it's good to see that that's not the case.

Incidentally, I'm not sure if it's been brought up here, but there are rumors of Star Wars buildable figure sets. Not clear if these are pure CCBS sets (the descriptions we've gotten seem a bit contradictory), but this might be part of the reason for the new "bony" beam pieces — a lot of droids in the Star Wars universe have very bony limbs that the existing CCBS beams might not be the most fit to replicate.

Absolutely love Basher's chest printing and mask (..well, his and Scorpio's. Damn that limited budget). Not sure about the torso, I'd have liked a gearbox there myself but I'll wait for better pics. I agree the horns look out of place, in attachment, size and colour. Looks like the recoloured torso is silver.. I excepted dark bley (so to match the wide shoulders one from Stormer XL) but this is cool too. The tr. orange and the bones still suck.

Ekimu looks cool but I wish his limbs were longer. Looks like the shield has a spinning mechanism.

I really like the new skull baddies, some of the colours are a mess but on the most part I like them (yes even the limbs).

My thoughts about the blended masks are that they are infected masks. The reason we havent seen a Hau or a Kaukau 'infected' is either, thay have more sets to release with them in or in the story only Lewa, Onua, Pohatu and Kopaka get infected leaving Gali and Tahu to cleanse them, bit of a stretch perhaps. I would like to see them all getting blended masks however.

Looking forward to more pictures.

My thoughts about the blended masks are that they are infected masks. The reason we havent seen a Hau or a Kaukau 'infected' is either, thay have more sets to release with them in or in the story only Lewa, Onua, Pohatu and Kopaka get infected leaving Gali and Tahu to cleanse them, bit of a stretch perhaps. I would like to see them all getting blended masks however.

I've seen a couple other people propose "infected" as a reason for the coloration, but that doesn't make sense to me. I would think they'd choose a single unified color to represent infection if that were the case, like maybe a trans red-gunmetal gradient or something to that effect. Instead, the upper half of the mask matches the translucent color of their element, leading me to believe it's tied with the masks being either elementally charged or being reduced to their element to power the forge.

Glad to see that even some of the humanoid baddies will have unconventional action features, rather than just every one of them having the same vertically-swinging arms as the Toa! I was worried, after learning that most of the new baddies were humanoid, that we wouldn't see a whole lot of creativity on a functional level. But it's good to see that that's not the case.

Incidentally, I'm not sure if it's been brought up here, but there are rumors of Star Wars buildable figure sets. Not clear if these are pure CCBS sets (the descriptions we've gotten seem a bit contradictory), but this might be part of the reason for the new "bony" beam pieces — a lot of droids in the Star Wars universe have very bony limbs that the existing CCBS beams might not be the most fit to replicate.

Nice thinking!

I like the look of these new sets, thanks Scarilion for the post! :thumbup:

Based Atamaii coming in our aid:

Edited by Shakar

Based Atamaii coming in our aid:

Will edit with my comments later.

Dayum, was about to post it ! :p

That guy is golden! Hope he will post individual pics. Love those masks for sure. The chest printing is also very nice. Basher's function is goign to be sweet and makes him even better than I thought. Those new armor pieces definetly are not that bad as I thought and make Grinder awesome too. The bones are cool but my opinion on the rest has not really changed. Scorpio and warrior are okay, those masks redeem something of them. And Slicer is still the worst thing for a while. At least it has one of that new armor piece. I really think what hurts him is that they had to stuff him with gicantic swords while smaller ones would had been just fine. All he really needed was leg armor and a new mask.