I do not know about prices.

The Skull Grinder looked like he's about the same size as the largest Toa, maybe even a bit bigger. Ekimu looked to be Protector-sized, and with a gear..

What a miss-match, lol

The vehicles were a real problem.

I don't think so, the big vehicles came with alternate versions of main characters (Axalara / Jetrax / Rockoh), or less important characters (Skopio / Thornatus / Dropship).

The Skull Grinder looked like he's about the same size as the largest Toa, maybe even a bit bigger.

Alright, thank you, Risgrynsgrot !

I'm just happy we get a "battle" set where all models included are interesting (assuming Grinder isn't disappointing, but the Winter wave is so good I find that unlikely). Lego has the bad habit of bundling special/important characters with unneeded models that bump up the price. Want the almighty Queen Beast? You need to buy Evo's third Machine to get her! Karzahni and those Matoran look pretty cool, don't they? Here's a trap included with the set so you spend 10 Euro more! I'd cite 03 Takanuva as an example too, I personally hate the Ussanui, but I'm not sure how many would agree. You get the point anyway.

I feared Grinder was some boring stuff like a trap or a vehicle for that reason, but I'm glad to be proven wrong. The last character vs character set we got was Bulk vs and Vapour, but HF 1.0..wasn't to my tastes, to say the least. But Okotoconicle is a wonderful, wonderful thing and I'm sure this set is going to be a lot of fun for AFOLs and kids alike.

There don't seem to be huge sets this year (Scorpio and Grinder should be a bit bigger than Tahu and Kopaka but that's it), but they probably want to test the waters before going all out. Also, the quality of sets is more important than their sizes.

Edited by Shakar

I don't think so, the big vehicles came with alternate versions of main characters (Axalara / Jetrax / Rockoh), or less important characters (Skopio / Thornatus / Dropship).

Yes they were a problem, not storywise though. My wallet had a problem and shared it with other consumers.I had to ignore certain things like Jetrax and Rockoh in order to get Axalara. Because of their huge prices they didn't even sell that well and were dropped. Which is a shame.

I just had a thought, since we're seeing skeleton like characters maybe one of the sets (Skull Grinder?) has a Grim Reaper theme, with a cape and a scythe?

I just had a thought, since we're seeing skeleton like characters maybe one of the sets (Skull Grinder?) has a Grim Reaper theme, with a cape and a scythe?

To me Grinder indicates a saw. I'm imagining he will have a transred saw that we have already seen with HF and Protector of Ice.

Made this thing out of all my expectations: http://41.media.tumb...9evco1_1280.png

I really would like if he had a scythe though.

Edited by GK733

Assuming it is true......Yay! I'm glad to finally get Ekimu!!

Also, if Skull Destroyer is taller than (or as tall as) Tahu, he'd be worth $20, and if Ekimu the size of the average Protector, we're looking at a set that's only $30! That's a beautiful price for the MOCR, gold, teal, new shoulder armor, and that sick villain mask.

BTW, someone said a few pages back that the names are violent.......<sarcasm> I have no clue what you're talking about. Skull Crusher, Skull Grinder, Skull Destroyer....They all seem pretty fine to me. </sarcasm>

Yes they were a problem, not storywise though. My wallet had a problem and shared it with other consumers

Yeah, true, it can become a problem if you want to buy all the sets... :sceptic:

Made this thing out of all my expectations: http://41.media.tumb...9evco1_1280.png

Very funny, especially the much larger than Ekimu! and the four legs, just like real scorpions! :grin: Lego should definitely use this to advertise their new sets.

Also, if Skull Destroyer is taller than (or as tall as) Tahu, he'd be worth $20, and if Ekimu the size of the average Protector, we're looking at a set that's only $30! That's a beautiful price for the MOCR, gold, teal, new shoulder armor, and that sick villain mask.

The added gear function will likely push Ekimu up to the worth of a $15 set, making the final set $35.

Also, not to crush any dreams, but I'm 99.99% sure that it's just medium azure (or dark azure, whichever) and not actual teal. Also, the shoulder armor is likely just the 2014 Chima Ultrabuild armor piece. :P

Edited by Mesonak

I don't know what evertbody else's opinion about that are but I think the new mask they teased, MoUP or not, would fit that role quite well. XD

The added gear function will likely push Ekimu up to the worth of a $15 set, making the final set $35.

Also, not to crush any dreams, but I'm 99.99% sure that it's just medium azure (or dark azure, whichever) and not actual teal. Also, the shoulder armor is likely just the 2014 Chima Ultrabuild armor piece. :P

Yup! Someone should compare the animation model of Gali versus the model of Ekimu to see if the color used is more like the depiction of Dark Azure or Trans Light Blue. I also agree that the last $5 of the $35 will definitely go into beefing up Ekimu with a gearbox.

Nah. The ones Ekimu/Makuta use are more 'rectangular' and have horizontal lines running up on them. Go laugh yourself crazy on your next video.

Yup! Someone should compare the animation model of Gali versus the model of Ekimu to see if the color used is more like the depiction of Dark Azure or Trans Light Blue.

SwIlpOU.jpg

Make of this what you will. To me, it looks like Ekimu's color is lighter.

I do hope Ekimu uses teal. Not just because teal is an awesome colour, but also because trans light blue has been used so often I'm starting to get sick of it.

Can't wait to see the summer sets! Only slightly more than a month till NYTF.

On another note, I just got my first 2015 Bionicle set yesterday - PoE! I really love him, he's so cute. I can't wait to get the rest of the Toa sets - I'm going to wait for a sale to happen, though. The prices in my country are insane. I've already waited for so long for the sets to drop, a month or so more won't kill me!

SwIlpOU.jpg

Time to put this to rest(in a failed attempt I'm sure XD). Ekimu is most definitely going to use trans-light blue, or whatever it's called. I think it will look great with gold though as long as it's not overdone or too heavy.

Nah. The ones Ekimu/Makuta use are more 'rectangular' and have horizontal lines running up on them. Go laugh yourself crazy on your next video.

15369.jpgi4pu56J.png

Looks pretty darn similar to me. While it doesn't have the point at the end, the armor piece is pretty boxy already and it features two ridges.

SwIlpOU.jpg

Yup, it looks the same to me. I am betting that he uses Azure or Trans-Light-Blue, and I'm leaning heavily on the latter.

I hope it comes with the protector style mask too

Half gold half teal

Edited by Rayskull

Yeah, I'm with TheDesuComplex on this. I think the differences can simply be written off as stylstic changes for the sake of the animation style. The new piston piece isn't exactly represented 100% accurately either.

(and i will laugh myself crazy thank you very much) :P

EDIT: Oh, and also, I firmly believe Ekimu uses trans-light blue because Lego refuses to make medium azure shells

Edited by Mesonak

I'd cite 03 Takanuva as an example too, I personally hate the Ussanui, but I'm not sure how many would agree. You get the point anyway.

Nobody would agree because the Ussanui was amazing get out.

I'm not really digging the idea of Ekimu being a protector-sized being, so I'm still hoping it's some kind of Takanuva-esque figure that finds the mask instead, but we'll see, I guess.

I like what Rayskull suggested. Have the gold and tr. azure protector mask on Ekimu, and then have Ekimu and the Skull Destroyer fight for the Mask of Creation.

I'm not really digging the idea of Ekimu being a protector-sized being, so I'm still hoping it's some kind of Takanuva-esque figure that finds the mask instead, but we'll see, I guess.

I like Ekimu being relatively small. While he is small, yes, the Mask of Creation and his shoulder pads (and the gold obviously) give him a regal look. Someone not so well-versed might see him as the Protector King, perhaps (like my brother did). However, I have the idea that Ekimu is pretty much a normal Protector whose only real extraordinary ability is his skill and wisdom that the Mask of Creation has granted him. If so, then it would be an interesting twist to have the Ekimu we know fall to ill fate and have another Protector (perhaps the child from the Fire Village...) become the 'new Ekimu', and perhaps we can see Makuta go from a Protctor-like being and over time becoming corrupted physically as well as mentally.

Personally I think while it could be that Chima piece.... Its not really cohesive in style. I'm leaning towards new piece :)

Its the perfect set, small wise master vs giant corrupted evil

Wait wait... Are the skullies white boned?

Edited by Rayskull

I like what Rayskull suggested. Have the gold and tr. azure protector mask on Ekimu, and then have Ekimu and the Skull Destroyer fight for the Mask of Creation.

Oh, that is a great idea! And BTW, is he Skull GRINDER or DESTROYER? I'm so confused.

And I really hope that Ekimu doesn't use trans-blue. I absolutely despise trans-shells. (But I like trans-bones).

Wait wait... Are the skullies white boned?

Unlikely, although that's an awesome idea.