Thanks. I just hope that if we do get a dark tan/back set, it won't be a Vorox clone.

I for one liked the Vorox set and I would like to see something like it. Of course there will be more silver, but still cool.

By the way, Dark Tan is the color of the '5L Axle w/ Stop' that has been cropping up in many Bionicle 2015 sets.

Yesterday I was able to grab Pohatu and LoSS. I can say a few things; that while I love Pohatu, his 'Rangs are just way too floppy for me on the joint. On LoSS I agree with an opinion already expressed here- he is a superb set by himself with a great look and fun function, but he didn't meet expectations placed on him and he suffers from being the only villain set in the wave.

The 2H sets are already finalized (BTW, according to Exo-6, there's a chance that we'll get a tan / dark tan set (not 100% sure), and there won't be any dark blue set), so they're not testing anything for this year's sets.

None of what he says has had time to play-out. As such none of his comments have actually came true... yet anyway. So i'm not 100% sure that we can believe he's seen the Summer sets until some of the other stuff he's spoken about comes true.

So far this; "chance of getting a tan/dark tan set" is just that, a chance. Granted its a high possibility because the Summer Sets are based on villains that reside in the same area as Pohatu (Skull Scorpions being a main factor in his set and animations, Ekimu originally being defeated in the same region, etc...) Though it seems more like a guess to me, that even if we recieve tan sets may not mean he is telling the truth. We need a more concrete statement that will either come and prove him right or wrong.

Edited by Scarilian

I have a question for those in the UK: has anybody been able to find the Bionicle sets in physical stores yet? Like TRU, Smyths, The Entertainer etc.? (except LEGO stores, I know they have them there). Since New Year's Day I've checked out a large TRU and a few supermarkets, but I've found nothing.

I haven't found anything either. I might order the sets online, at this rate, something I haven't done since Witch Doctor (and even then that was a pre-order). I've heard that Tesco might have them, but I'm not certain.

Edited by Agent Fusion

Now that I have Tahu all built and tested I suppose I'll share my thoughts. Overall it's beyond decent, but feel I can't complain about the sets in out of paranoia that TLG will cancel the theme again. XD The only complaint is the awkward, yet cool, shoulder armor, they tend to hit the gold swords when in a diagonal position, but of course I can live with that. As for the mask popping function, I love it. Definitely have been enjoying my time with that. ^_^

And tan shells in North America? Yes please!

Overall it's beyond decent, but feel I can't complain about the sets in out of paranoia that TLG will cancel the theme again. XD

That's how I feel.......

Us: "Ugh, I wish Lewa had more head movement. It's too restricting as it is. And also, POF needs elbows--"

LEGO: "We could give you nothing, if you'd like that?"

Us: "...."

BTW, what do we think the odds are of Gen 2 continuing past the three-years it's predicted to last?

That's how I feel.......

Us: "Ugh, I wish Lewa had more head movement. It's too restricting as it is. And also, POF needs elbows--"

LEGO: "We could give you nothing, if you'd like that?"

Us: "...."

BTW, what do we think the odds are of Gen 2 continuing past the three-years it's predicted to last?

I would say that's far more dependent on sales than one random internet post, but hey, what do I know?

These things are so easily modded I don't even see a reason to complain. In fact that's the fun part. But when you look at POF's chest build you can see the love that went into these guys.

These things are so easily modded I don't even see a reason to complain. In fact that's the fun part. But when you look at POF's chest build you can see the love that went into these guys.

Agreed. Whatever I don't like, I fix.

I actually like PoF's arms. Well, almost at least. They should have used an open ball beam so the hand movement had less restriction. After seeing the Tahu story animation(not the 30 second but the 90 second story piece) I can't not love the guy. XD

As for Lewa's shoulders, meh, I'll pick him up soon and see but overall like the almost squat look he has.

that while I love Pohatu, his 'Rangs are just way too floppy for me on the joint.

Uh, wait, are you sure you've got them together properly? With both boomerang parts on one side of the pin nesting in each other? Given LEGO doesn't really do variable parts tolerances I find the Rangs being floppy surprising.

None of what he says has had time to play-out. As such none of his comments have actually came true...

He said that there would be combiners between the Protectors and the Toa.

Though it seems more like a guess to me, that even if we recieve tan sets may not mean he is telling the truth. We need a more concrete statement that will either come and prove him right or wrong.

He went to Lego France HQ in October, and saw the sets in a display case (among other future sets). He said, back in October, that he saw the sets planned for August (now we know thanks to the poster that the new sets will indeed be released in August), that there wouldn't be many sets, and that they are villains. I recently asked him if there would be dark blue or tan / dark tan sets in the summer wave (after having built this MOC), and he said that there would not be dark blue, but that "some kind of tan isn't impossible". It's not a guess or something. He saw the sets. Is that concrete enough ?

He said that there would be combiners between the Protectors and the Toa.

When did he say this, as the Protectors were referred to as Defenders up until when we got confirmation of them combining with the Toa and then they became known as Protectors. It is also once again predictable as we've had combiners a lot recently between the good guys and the last few years of Bionicle also had combiners between the Matoran and Toa, specifically with the Phantoka.

He went to Lego France HQ in October, and saw the sets in a display case (among other future sets). He said, back in October, that he saw the sets planned for August

Its easily possible that he guessed August as the leaked document from September 14th stated a summer release and some of the last Hero Factory sets were given a summer release in August.

that there wouldn't be many sets

Their was a leaked document that originally gave us the name Okoto which mentioned a total of 18 sets planned for 2015, as such the fact there would'nt be many sets was common knowledge as we knew we were getting only 5 in Summer since September 14th - almost half a month before he went to the thing in October.

and that they are villains.

The idea that all the sets are villain sets is actually incorrect, Mask Maker VS Skull Grinder implies that one of them is a good guy and the Mask Maker title implies its Ekimu as it matches with the concept art. The addition of the Mask Of Creation likely being released in that set also further hint towards it being a good guy vs bad guy set.

The idea of them all being villains or containing villains could also easily be guessed by looking at the past few waves of Hero Factory where the villains have been more prominant in the second half of the year.

"some kind of tan isn't impossible"

As such the only information provided that wasnt officially revealed before he stated is the potential for 'some kind of tan' which is already heavily hinted at via the animations as once again, the villains from the summer wave are from Pohatu's region. The set that everyone believes will be a summer set (the scorpion warrior in the animation) is also tan colored.

Honestly this one does seem more like a guess to me, he mentions an option but then covers himself by saying that its 'some kind of tan' and saying that it 'isnt impossible'

---

If he really wants to prove that he saw the sets we need to know stuff well ahead of time that cant be guessed, such as the exact weapons that the sets have (Other than the one shown in the Pohatu animation or the Mask Maker probably having a hammer) or specific details that are unpredictable.

Edited by Scarilian

The idea of them all being villains or containing villains could also easily be guessed by looking at the past few waves of Hero Factory where the villains have been more prominant in the second half of the year.

Actually, I don't remember any villains being more prominant in ANY half of the year in Hero Factory...

Hey guys :classic:

I have found that "oko" means home in the Guaraní language of Paraguay in South America, while I don't know about "to" but it is possible thát it means "Island"

Let's pronounce: Oko-to.... :classic:

I don't know if it was noted before but I think that PoF actually has elbows, he's shoulders are just hunched over. Same can't be said of Ice one who clearly lacks them completely.

Mask Maker vs skullgrinder will sure have some sort of conflict but what about the others? Like, will they drop the idea entirely? I would love to see some villagers, but they propably rise up the prices too much.

Edited by GK733

I think we're going to see more Spiders included in the sets. Sure, it's definitely not the same level of conflict, but they can be used as alternate masks for the Skull guys, like the Toa' gold masks. Or they can be used as small pet companions, like Black Phantom's Arachnox drone or Jaller Mahri's Hanah (sp) crab.

Actually, I don't remember any villains being more prominant in ANY half of the year in Hero Factory...

More prominant in terms of them generally gaining the larger sets, e.g. Summer 2011 with the main focus being the villains. They got more unique parts than the heroes and more complexity as shown by Witch Doctor compared to Rocka XL.

I don't know if it was noted before but I think that PoF actually has elbows, he's shoulders are just hunched over. Same can't be said of Ice one who clearly lacks them completely.

If you mean in the animations, they both have elbows.

If you mean the sets or comics, they both lack elbows

Mask Maker vs skullgrinder will sure have some sort of conflict but what about the others? Like, will they drop the idea entirely? I would love to see some villagers, but they propably rise up the prices too much.

Most likely they'll contain a Skull Scorpion with them... even if they are villains i doubt they'd drop the idea of having a small figure for conflict

Edited by Scarilian

More prominant in terms of them generally gaining the larger sets, e.g. Summer 2011 with the main focus being the villains. They got more unique parts than the heroes and more complexity as shown by Witch Doctor compared to Rocka XL.

Well, the villains got bigger sets also in the first half of 2011, plus they've always been larger than heroes, until, I don't know, Breakout, when villains as well as heroes got big sets.

Hey guys :classic:

I have found that "oko" means home in the Guaraní language of Paraguay in South America, while I don't know about "to" but it is possible thát it means "Island"

Let's pronounce: Oko-to.... :classic:

"Okoto" means a balance between work and recreation, and something one cannot live without.

I think it's possible we will be getting gunmetal or black heads along with red eye stalks. I rewatched the legend of Ekimu and Makuta and saw that Makuta has a black head in his Ultimate Power form. http://i.imgur.com/zTyXIVO.png

I don't se a need for black heads, even in mocing purposes, the mask hides it well enough. They most likely use the samehead. I'm waiting for new masks, red eye stalks, some interesting recoloured shells and the dark tan ones. New armor add-on, couple of trans bones, same torso and gearboxsystem as the toa but maybe with new chest armor. one or two new weapons. Lots of spikes, no new mold. Possible use of those new Chima flame blades as a recolor. Ekimu and maybe some others will feature the Chima add-on (also used on Queen Beast).

It's not much. Biggest changes are always on the winter wave.

So some more info for those in the UK: I happened to go into a Smyths and another TRU today, and neither had any Bionicles out. So I asked them when they were going to be put out, and they both said they were going to be put out 31st January! Is this going to be a new thing where LEGO direct put out sets a month ahead of normal retailers or something?

So it looks like that if you're in the UK, it's direct from LEGO via S@H or Brand Stores or nothing this month. Shame, I really wanted another Bionicle to tide me over until my S@H order arrived (their shipping is quite slow at the moment) :sadnew:

Uh, wait, are you sure you've got them together properly? With both boomerang parts on one side of the pin nesting in each other? Given LEGO doesn't really do variable parts tolerances I find the Rangs being floppy surprising.

Yup. At first I put them together in a way that half a module of pin was sticking out each side and that was actually tighter. When I put them in their instruction configuration (with one module of pin sticking out one side) they hold their position ok, but flop around at the slightest touch. I am probably going to find a pin with higher friction (like the new pin/axle pieces in Lewa) to put in them so that they stick better. My initial thoughts on them were that they would have pegs to hold them in place like the beast heads and Cragger's jaw, so that might have helped some.