I'm more excited for Pohatu having an Australian accent more so because it's more distinctly different than that of the other Toa than because it's Australian. It differentiates him nicely from the rest, who all seem to have a variation of the same deep, gruff voice.

I don't see it

Yeah, neither do I.

I want to see Pohatu threaten LOSS saying, "I'll hook ya right in the gabber, swear on me mask maker."

I've never seen anyone talk like that, either. Well, unless I/someone else is deliberately making fun of the stereotype.

Australian ? He soulds like Batman to me. :tongue:

But that's because I don't remember having heard an Australian accent before.

I laughed more than I should have when the protector of fire went "come Tahu! there isn't much time" *strips* XD

Voice wise, I'm a sucker for terrible half British-half Australian accents, so I love how Pohatu sounds. He's like a geezer from London :P

Unfortunately, everyone else sounds pretty much identical. is it too much to ask for them to get someone who can put on voices? There are a huge amount of men who could put on a convincing female voice, or at least not sound deeper than the average batman while doing it. Kopaka seems to be halfway to Pohatu's accent, and Tahu sounds like he's about to tear someone's throat out in his commercial, but it's still very much the same voice. I don't think he's even doing a voice for lewa.

I do love the young villagers, and the fact that only the elders are called protectors. On another note, Ekimu is apparently dead. Welp. Guess they can finally use that mask with his exact colour scheme they just had lying around. Love the vahi easter eggs as well. So these toa are either from another time period, or another timeline entirely. (most likely just plucked from the mataverse). Gives a cool opportunity to see how different they would be if they had just awoken in different circumstances.

On Pohatu's accent, I don't mind that it's fake simply because, as I said before, I know it's the same guy doing all the voices. Same reason why I don't mind Gali being a man.

Honestly, I'm happy that Mr. Narrator gave him an accent (albeit, a fake one) because this makes Australian Pohatu canon. Plus, it just adds that much more variety when a lot of the Toa already sound similar.

Has anybody seen

already?

Nope! Really hope to see it on TV some day (don't watch many kid channels that it would probably air on).

So good seeing Bionicle commercials. Brings back lots of memories.

Has anybody seen

already?

Oooh, it looks plenty good. I think that I do prefer the more cartoony animation style we are getting over plain GCI copies of the sets like with the Hero Factory animations, and I imagine this is what we would have gotten if it had been in that style still.

Has anybody seen

already?

Awesomesauce! Not as expressive as the style of the webisodes, but still pretty spectacular.

Wow, Lewa looked exactly like he did in 2001 when he landed . Must've been the pose and the creepy glowing eyes. Love the 2D style, but I like this a lot as well.

Too bad some comments on the video are criminally stupid.

Well, I suppose I ought to give my opinion on the animations.

The animation style itself is beautiful, though I don't think it lends itself well to shorts. It makes me want to see the characters jumping around, exploring the landscapes, and having long, drawn out battles with enemies like LOSS, instead of being the constant subject of a narration; what little we get of it is wonderful, but I'm left wanting more of the animation to itself, with no narrators and their hammy monologues.

On the topic of narration, I think it iffy. As some have mentioned earlier in the thread, it could be interpreted as a Protector telling the story to his villagers in some later era, but for me to fully accept that I'd need to see it actually shown as a framing device. That's not to say the voice acting is bad, it's just very hammy, and I think official recognition of the Protector Storyteller Theory might be an improvement on what right now feels like a dub with a single voice actor.

Lastly, though there have been few story developments, I do find it neat that the Golden Masks for each toa are hidden very similarly to some Kanohi from 2001. I'll need to go find my old BIONICLE books to find some proper examples, so hopefully this will be edited to show them in the future.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

Too bad some comments on the video are criminally stupid.

A lot of people said the Toa were using lasers. So I tried to see lasers, but couldn't. They all look like they're using elemental blasts. Which is a good thing.

Anyway the nostalgia is great. Nothing like seeing advanced biomechanical(?) beings duke it out in a tribal setting.

Has anybody seen

already?

Wish the animations were like that instead of the 2-D style. Not that there's anything wrong with the 2-D, I just think that this is FAR superior

Wish the animations were like that instead of the 2-D style. Not that there's anything wrong with the 2-D, I just think that this is FAR superior

I would say the opposite, so its nice that we get a bit of both in the videos/advertisements they're making so as we're all happy.

I never got very involved with anything to do with names and story for the old Bionicle, so what is a vahi? May sound like a silly question, but I haven't a clue what it is so I thought I;d better ask.

I would say the opposite, so its nice that we get a bit of both in the videos/advertisements they're making so as we're all happy.

I never got very involved with anything to do with names and story for the old Bionicle, so what is a vahi? May sound like a silly question, but I haven't a clue what it is so I thought I;d better ask.

It was a Mask that contained the power of Time in the Matoran Universe. It couldn't let people travel through time, but it could locally speed up or slow down time, and any damage to the Mask would have disastrous consequences to Time itself.

It was powerful enough to be counted among the three Legendary Kanohi, alongside the masks of Life and Creation.

For more reading:

http://biosector01.c.../index.php/Vahi

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

Hi everyone! I was a diehard BIonicle fan all through Bionicle G1 and I've been lurking this thread since the end of August and thought I'd finally make an account haha.

I really like the CGI trailer that was released today because of the references to the original Toa videos that were released with the Toa Mata. Kopaka Skiing, Tahu surfing on lava, and Lewa doing a front flip.

Welcome!

I agree, there were some nice callbacks.

It's also nice to see that the CGI commercial actually shows off the sets more than the animated form does. The 2D animation is nice but I wouldn't want it to be used for the TV commercials too.

Nice, CGI stuff. Wonder who does it, looks pretty solid. I can see where people get lasers from, though.