@ lord Vorahk, we sort of knew that already when it seemed that Makuta and ekimu were actually proper brothers this time. Actually, on that theme, aren't Tahu and gali brother and sister anyway (I always followed that logic for the mata only, as they were never Matoran, hence why I would still be ok with jaller x hahli even though they were toa)

Also, our insight into okotan culture.. is apparently tat it's a bland ad all hell XD

I'm actually happy they're capable of reproduction this time. I know "how are Matoran born?" is still a fascinating mystery for many but really, I like it better this way.

The site is obviously incomplete and has some problems, but the layout works well and the graphics look nice. Can't wait until it gets filled out with content.

@ lord Vorahk, we sort of knew that already when it seemed that Makuta and ekimu were actually proper brothers this time. Actually, on that theme, aren't Tahu and gali brother and sister anyway

I'm pretty sure they're all just brothers(And sister)-in-arms, on account of there being no biological reproduction in the MU, and the fact that everyone and everything on a good-aligned team in the MU used "Brother" and "Sister".

I'm pretty sure they're all just brothers(And sister)-in-arms, on account of there being no biological reproduction in the MU, and the fact that everyone and everything on a good-aligned team in the MU used "Brother" and "Sister".

Yes, but I really don't believe father is just a word for protector/turaga. Father is used as a word for teachers in religions but I guess using that term in this simplified story would just make things confusing.

I strongly believe there are actual sisters, brothers, fathers and mothers on Okoto.

However I really hope genders are not tied to the tribes since it would give a really uncomfortable place in the society to the members of the water tribe...

Wait: so if the masks are passed down, then do the baby Protectors not wear a mask?! Ugh, ANOTHER mysterious Matoran aspect is ruined!!! And on the topic of gender, I'd really like it if they kept it standard-Bionicle fashion: water=female, everything else=male.

However I really hope genders are not tied to the tribes since it would give a really uncomfortable place in the society to the members of the water tribe...

I guess so.....

If you look at the robed Protectors compared to the standard Islanders, only the Protectors have the dual-coloured masks. I would assume that, at birth, Islanders are given single-coloured masks, and given the dual-coloured masks later, if they become Protectors.

Yeah, only one tribe being female would have some horrific implications.

I think "father to son" is probably meant to be taken literally, but they just copied and pasted the description and only changed the element terms and not anything else, so it'll change in future updates.

Another interesting thing to note is that Lewa's mask is STILL called "Jungle Mask" not "Mask of Jungle" (when it's not improperly labeled as "Lewa-Master of Jungle"), and the Protector's mask is ALSO labeled as "Jungle Mask" not "Mask of Jungle". It's a very bizarre outlier.

Yes, but I really don't believe father is just a word for protector/turaga. Father is used as a word for teachers in religions but I guess using that term in this simplified story would just make things confusing.

I agree, I'm just stating that I don't think the original Mata are related because that isn't a thing in the MU (A location currently exclusive to Gen1).

How come?

They would, essentially, be breeding stock; a six-to-one male to female ratio does not lend itself to a sustainable population.

The site, while incomplete, looks pretty nice. Biggest plus is the zoom-in map of Okoto.

Sadly, I can't get The Legend animation to play... Not that it matters since I've seen it a bunch. At least there's some screenshots of upcoming animations which are glorious.

Jaller/Hahli shipping, since several of us are treating the Protectors as 2015 versions of the Mahri team until they are given names that contradict that.

It's amazing how something so small and so innocuous changes things so much. Just from that, we know that:

1) The villagers, and maybe the Toa, form relationships similar to ours. (Tahu and Gali, anyone?)

2) More insight into Otokan culture.

3) Romance confirmed

4) No "married to the job" drek for our Protectors: Having kids is a regular thing for them.

5) The villagers are not robots, and are definitely biomechanical. THey appear to be capable of biological reproduction.

6) Considering that they probably form relationships within their own tribes, mixed-gender tribes, maybe?

I am particularly happy about the possibility of mixed-gender tribes. Though it never bothered me in BIONICLE 1.0 where gender didn't mean anything to reproduction, I have read quite a few well-written posts by people who found BIONICLE 1.0's arbitrary, element-based segregation of genders distasteful, and would be pleased to see that done away with, especially now that the potential for proper reproduction has been introduced; having gender-grouped tribes could have nasty implications, due to issues posted above.

I'd like some protector sized capes now :)

With some creative wrapping, it might be possible to use a single LEGO cape as a cloak, if tucked in around the neck and held with a rubber band.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

The blue skull spiders are some tough critters. They have been known to survive incredible things. Such as a falling Onua.

I just want to say that this is the greatest description of anything ever.

At least there's some screenshots of upcoming animations which are glorious.

I love them to, and they look like they will make for great stories.....but every time I see "The Arrival", my mind creates this:

enoxl.jpg

I know, it's really stupid....but that pose was just begging to get meme'd!

Anyway, that Okoto map is beautiful! And apparently, the Protectors have some great architecture....

Edited by LN-01354

Can someone point me to the original source?

Cause this is hype!

Edited by GK733

Can someone point me to the original source?

Cause this is hype!

a youtube video of a youtube video. Intresting.

It looks like a TV commercial of sorts to me. I'm not sure where it came from, but I'm sure excited for those animations now.

a youtube video of a youtube video. Intresting.

It looks like a TV commercial of sorts to me. I'm not sure where it came from, but I'm sure excited for those animations now.

In the comments he says he got it from the BIONICLE site this morning, it must've been switched out at some point before the update got into general awareness.