Oh, right, I saw that they were doing some tweaking yesterday. Good to know it wasn't just some glitches! There's some good stuff (the Protectors DO seem to have elemental masks too...) but not much about the protectors as individuals... they wouldn't make the villager characters generic, would they? Would be quite an interesting choice.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll see some more updates in the coming days. Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

The region of fire description gives more information on the Protectors than the area-

"The Protectors wear sacred Elemental Masks that have been passed down through the generations along with the Prophecy of Heroes, which foretells the coming of the heroic Toa. In their wisdom, the Protectors must guide the heroes on their quest. The Protector's favorite environment is a volcanic mountain."

A few conclusions I have made:

It's a shame that the Protectors aren't named and their bios are generic, but part of me wants to keep it that way.

It also mentions in the shared Protector bio that their Elemental Masks are 'passed down from father to son'.

The bio for the Skull Spiders also makes me wish the 'green ones' were GitD (to represent the Night Vision).

I also like how they have the instructions laid out in the 'Build' section; with each character having both theirs and the combo model's.

UMM

"The Protectors wear sacred Elemental Masks that have been passed down through the generations from father to son along with the Prophecy of Heroes, which foretells the coming of Tahu and his allies. In their wisdom, the Protectors must guide the heroes on their quest"

Huh. Having read through everything, it feels like the site was released a bit too early. The descriptions are clunky and generic, and in the case of the Ice Region page, the pictures for the Protector and Toa of Ice are mismatched with those of Water.

I do love the artwork for what appear to be upcoming videos, though. The Protector and villagers before Tahu is evocative of a similar scene in MNOLG.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

Huh. Having read through everything, it feels like the site was released a bit too early. The descriptions are clunky and generic, and in the case of the Ice Region page, the pictures for the Protector and Toa of Ice are mismatched with those of Water.

I do love the artwork for what appear to be upcoming videos, though. The Protector and villagers before Tahu is evocative of a similar scene in MNOLG.

It's basically been like that since the site opened =P. I'll take it as a Thanksgiving treat and be done with it.

In LOSS character bio it has the Golden Mask of the Skull Spiders described as, "Through a telepathic link, the golden mask allows the Lord to control the advancing army of skull spiders."

Certainly seems like it draws some kind of power from the mask of control(Makuta's mask).

It's basically been like that since the site opened =P. I'll take it as a Thanksgiving treat and be done with it.

I could justify the issues when the site was but a preview, but for what looks to be the proper launch, I would have expected more polished delivery.

Here's what I mean:

njSXUa9.png

It's glorious!!! :cry_happy:

Ahhh so interesting! Quite nicely done.

Is there a wallpaper for Okoto, the links are nicely circular in direction.

Edited by Rayskull

From father to son? Okay, so Protectors have kids. I guess romance is confirmed, then.

protector of stone x protector of water.

So the new site is pretty cool. On one hand I kinda wish they gave the protectors more character. On the other it leaves there story and character up to you for whatever you wish. Maybe they'll get names in the story? Who knows.

This also makes me wonder, does this open up varied genders on the elements? Knowing lego, they probably won't. But then again, if they keep them unnamed...

The description for the Protector of Earth seems to mention its drill is made of adamantine. Guess adamantine is now part of the confirmed new materials along with gold.

The tidbits of information are really cool! The minifig Piraka spines on the PoJ's foot predict the future. Very interesting.

The description for the Protector of Earth seems to mention its drill is made of adamantine. Guess adamantine is now part of the confirmed new materials along with gold.

So that's what the Adamant Orb is made of.

Pokemon and Bionicle crossover confirmed.

Edited by Toa of Gallifrey

What are you saying here

Jaller/Hahli shipping, since several of us are treating the Protectors as 2015 versions of the Mahri team until they are given names that contradict that.

It's amazing how something so small and so innocuous changes things so much. Just from that, we know that:

1) The villagers, and maybe the Toa, form relationships similar to ours. (Tahu and Gali, anyone?)

2) More insight into Otokan culture.

3) Romance confirmed

4) No "married to the job" drek for our Protectors: Having kids is a regular thing for them.

5) The villagers are not robots, and are definitely biomechanical. THey appear to be capable of biological reproduction.

6) Considering that they probably form relationships within their own tribes, mixed-gender tribes, maybe?

"Fallen from the stars, Tahu hears the Prophecy of Heroes and sets out to face his destiny."

This again backs up that the characters could be the original six toa.

Comics feature more Skull Spider colors like red, so I'm sure we'll be seeing those in the future. Cool.

"Fallen from the stars, Tahu hears the Prophecy of Heroes and sets out to face his destiny."

This again backs up that the characters could be the original six toa.

Well, we always knew that they were newly arrived on the island. I wonder how long it's going to take for the rumors of it being a continuation to go away...

Why are the instructions available already? Does it mean that will be seeing the sets in shelves soon?

I think so. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in mid December.

And lego, why must you make so many typos? In Onua's bio his mask is called mask of stone. Although his gold mask is labeled properly. Ugh!

Speaking of onua, anyone else see how in his comic, he gets the protectors gun on his shoulder?

Edited by arc