Still can't get the BZP videos to load! Guess I'll just have to wait.

I will probably just get LOSS for parts.

I don't know about you, but I still really like LOSS. I'm not sure whether it's the colours, function, design or something else entirely, but I really like this guy.

25$ or more depending if the protector is included or not
I think LoSS may have been intended to be larger, but they tried to fit what they could into a smaller price point. This is just speculation though.

Either way, I'm still happy with it.

Edited by arc

I'm torn, having gone through the reviews. On one hand, LoSS really doesn't appeal. On the other hand, dem pins.

And that's why we have Bricklink.

Why the heck Lego can't make trans-yellow bones, when they've already used trans-yellow in CCBS in Waspix?

I'm not sure how I feel about the lime green. It looks nice with the brown, but it doesn't really fit with the stone element.

I think it fits fine, to be perfectly honest. When I saw Pohatu at NYCC, the Transparent Fluorescent Green reminded me of mineral veins running through rock — uranium ore has a similar fluorescent yellowish-green color. Besides that, the color generally looks more yellowish than greenish anyway. If anything I'd compare it to Chartreuse Yellow like these tanker trucks.

Maybe trans. yellow is a more expensive plastic.

Doubtful. If anything I'd think Tr. Flu. Green would be more expensive because it needs a fluorescent additive (remember that the LEGO Group doesn't buy pre-colored plastic granulate anymore, and mixes their own dyes).

I don't see why everybody seems to ignore the most obvious reason why the LEGO Group would use this color — because they thought it was the best color for these two sets. Now, if Transparent Fluorescent Yellow were still in production, maybe they might have chosen differently. But I don't think there's any reason to think that the LEGO Group is using Tr. Flu. Green as a cheaper alternative to some more ideal option, particularly when it's only being used in these two sets and could have been changed to another color at no added cost.

Something else to consider, all of the protector masks have a different trans colored plastic on them- Fire protector already claimed trans yellow, and given that he already has trans yellow on his flame piece, giving stone the trans neon green was the most logical thing to do.

I think it fits fine, to be perfectly honest. When I saw Pohatu at NYCC, the Transparent Fluorescent Green reminded me of mineral veins running through rock — uranium ore has a similar fluorescent yellowish-green color.

That's a very good point. It's like how the trans. purple represents crystals in the Earth sets.

Regardless, I still would have preferred yellow :/

That's not to say it looks bad by any means. I'm pleasantly surprised with how good it does look. I just feel yellow's more suiting for Stone.

It's growing on me. By the time I have the sets in hand, I won't care.

My inner Sonic fanboy came up with this: Transparent green + Stone = Emeralds. Stones aren't just brown, of course, and hopefully, this means we can be more creative with secondary colours in Stone MOCs, and it's why I'm okay with colour variation.

So real-life Rayquaza Mega Stone confirmed? Hilarious in hindsight, given the reaction to the fake CoroCoro scan with Gadunka's silhouette. "YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS? THIS IS A BIONICLE. WHEN GAME FREAK ADDS BIONICLE TO POKEMON, THEN THIS LEAK IS REAL."

In all seriousness, I would've loved Tr. Yellow but Tr. Fluorescent Green looks really nice with Dark Orange so I'm okay with it.

I don't know why, but in all of the pics I've seen of the Protectors out of the box the plastic looks like a different, cheaper kind. Is this the case, VBBN? They still look amazing regardless.

I don't know why, but in all of the pics I've seen of the Protectors out of the box the plastic looks like a different, cheaper kind. Is this the case, VBBN? They still look amazing regardless.

From my experience, the plastic of the Protectors is pretty much no different than any other set. Is there any particular part that gives you that impression?

From my experience, the plastic of the Protectors is pretty much no different than any other set. Is there any particular part that gives you that impression?

I'm not exactly sure. It seems very reflective, probably because of the shaping, but it just doesn't look like the regular plastic LEGO uses.

I'm not exactly sure. It seems very reflective, probably because of the shaping, but it just doesn't look like the regular plastic LEGO uses.

My impression is just that all of VBBN's pictures are nicely saturated, though I can see how that could also be interpreted as a difference in plastic type.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

The shine you are seeing is because the masks are made from a more solid plastic than later BIONICLE masks. Think 2001 kanohi versus 20008 kanohi. The latter were a softer plastic, but CCBS shells and the new masks are made from a similar or the same plastic as the original masks.

Remember too that TLG uses more than a dozen plastic blends in their products.

The shine you are seeing is because the masks are made from a more solid plastic than later BIONICLE masks. Think 2001 kanohi versus 20008 kanohi. The latter were a softer plastic, but CCBS shells and the new masks are made from a similar or the same plastic as the original masks.

Remember too that TLG uses more than a dozen plastic blends in their products.

Ah, okay then.

Edit: 777th post! PIRAKA REBOOT CONFIRMED :laugh:

Edited by JayWalker

Even in 20008, Bionicle will be around.

LoL!

Though, all this makes me sad that Iwon't be able to get brobably any of this, but they all look great!-well, not the Lord Of Skull Spiders; IT'S A COMPLETELY LOSS!-well, almost NOT BAD AS PARTS PACK AT LEAST, and that function seems interesting.

All in all, this wave looks amazing

Edited by Xeros610

Yep, I will probably be purchasing the LOSS last. I put some more work into my revamp and I feel that it's coming about great, so what i'm gonna do when I get LOSS is build it per instructions to formulate my own opinions about his build, and promptly stick the printed face onto my revamp while I scrap the rest of his body. I'm also glad to see your Gali review VBBN, you did an excellent job at posing Gali and you've got me sold moreso then I was in the first place. Only 47 days to go!