So, new topic. What characters from the old story would you like to see return? Takanuva's been expressed (and I agree), but recently I've been thinking Sidorak. And not the pansy from Web of Shadows. Like a real, truly ruthless king. Sidorak needs a second chance.

The Barakki

Don't even need the same backstory or anything. Just love those designs

Since this isn't the classic bionicle, I don't wish to see any return.

views like this would have left Whirl as his boring non-existant character rather than his amazing IDW interpretation who, y'know, may have had a huge part to play in the whole war being a thing.

Well the Ice Protector is one the finest constraction sets ever...I may not even bother with the nice Toa...may buy a Toa for the gearbox and put it on a protecter hehehe. Looking at the Protector of Fire chest build...and the Protector of Earth's leg and arm build.... Hrmmmmmm :)

Guys quit arguing about diff. In opinion.

I've been analyzing the gear boxes...they may be too big for a defender...unless you make the defender a little bigger hrmmmm, but its charm is its small size...hrmmm

Edited by Rayskull

The Barakki

views like this would have left Whirl as his boring non-existant character rather than his amazing IDW interpretation who, y'know, may have had a huge part to play in the whole war being a thing.

I'd love to see the Barraki again too, actually.

ANd WHirl is amazing.

I'm going to have to get some spare parts for the Protectors, so they can all have knees.

That Protector is great! Seeing it from more angles, I really love the proportions. It's compact and cool--and I love that it has back covering.

Edited by Mariko

The Barakki

Like I said before, I view the world differently.

BZP's Protector of Ice review is a nice surprise! Probably due to the fact that we've already seen so much of the Toa sets since NYCC but almost nothing on the Protectors. I can't wait till we get reviews of all of them. I'm really impressed with the Protector of Ice, I love that Lego bothered to cover up its back. Its mask is also probably the highlight of the set. I hate that it doesn't have elbows, though. Lego could have thrown in a couple of the shortest bone pieces to give him forearms, like the Protector of Earth. I'll probably pass on it, but I'm looking forward to getting the Protectors of Jungle and Earth.

Like I said before, I view the world differently.

Did you not read what VBBN just said? He's a moderator here, if you haven't noticed.

And I say no. Discuss Bionicle 2015, any posts in this thread need to contribute to the thread please.

Edited by Lockon Stratos

All of them have knees. Some just don't have elbows.

Elbows are knees for your arms :P

Speaking of, I've already gathered all the short bones I could possibly need for the Protectors. I will not stand for elbow-less figures (that would be wonderfully punny if I was talking about legs, but oh well).

Thank you, CCBS, for being easily modifiable.

That ice protector sure does look good, and that technic spacer will be crazy useful to me. Although I feel like they could have included 2 more pieces for elbows. Ah well, guess it's off to bricklink to adjust to ccbs.

It's very nice that we get 13 of the studs and not just six. Something they totally should have done with every characters sphere launchers.

Overall protectors have the best amount of ammuniation, then the piraka with 3 extra, codrak blasters with only two extra, squid launchers, rhotukas and nynhrah blasters with one extra. Inika had no extra ammo, nor did Phantoka Makuta and Toa alike. I can't remember if there was multiple kanoka disks though. The worst ones were Thornraxx with only one of them in the set and same goes to the hero factory launchers.

I would have hoped that the ice protector would had elbows instead of the ice dagger. It just seems to get in the way.

Also when I take a closer look to these the sets look a lot more "fatter" compared to the ones in the animation.

Edited by GK733

That ice protector sure does look good, and that technic spacer will be crazy useful to me.

The spacers also come with Lewa Master of Jungle. Protector of Ice is obviously cheaper, but I have a feeling this part could be showing up in a lot of different sets and themes.

I'm all in on the protector of ice, getting two and a going to try to smush a gear box on his back and add elbows at the least....may require lengthening his legs a tiny bit, and extended his shoulders for balance....getting fire and earth for technique and parts.

Protector of fire and earth have extended shoulders, what pieces do you think they are using?

Edited by Rayskull

Don't threaten me.

That was a friendly reminder, but I think we need to have a chat.

Protector of fire and earth have extended shoulders, what pieces do you think they are using?

A curious question indeed

15154250504_af5ee61fb5_z.jpg

Oh by the way on the subject of reviews, All of mine are going to be done on a black backdrop this time around- It's way easier for editing and will be more forgiving with all of the trans colors on these sets.

<pic>

Oh by the way on the subject of reviews, All of mine are going to be done on a black backdrop this time around- It's way easier for editing and will be more forgiving with all of the trans colors on these sets.

Oooooh, that Protector of Fire sure has a nice build! When should we expecting those reviews to show up?

Those Protectors are downright sexy, both for their builds and wide selection of components. Also, though lacking in points of articulation, I'm starting to like the Fire and Ice Protector arms; they look better-proportioned and less apeish than the rest, though in Fire Protector's case, that is offset by the ridiculously wide shoulders..

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

:excited::classic:

That was a friendly reminder, but I think we need to have a chat.

15154250504_af5ee61fb5_z.jpg

Thanks you're awesome for that!!!! :classic:

Edited by Rayskull

Those Protectors are downright sexy, both for their builds and wide selection of components.

You have chosen the right word. Sexy is the only way to describe these guys.

I'm super stoked to have these sets in hand. Not sure if the reviews are going to tide me over, or make me nuts because I have to wait.

Also, in VBBN's picture, the Stone and Jungle Protector are hanging out in the background. It's blurry, but I can imagine the Protectors are going to look great displayed together as a team.

Ugh...All this talk of editing the sets is making me pretty nauseous. :S

I like how the Protector's masks look really cool they way the colors are blended and transparent.

Edited by MonkeyChud

Ugh...All this talk of editing the sets is making me pretty noxious. :S

yeah im feelin' pretty poisonous and foul-smelling myself

Has anyone drawn comparison between the Protector masks and Jaller Mahri's mask?

Speaking of that, does anyone else think that the protector mask also resembles gelu's mask? Or is that just me?