All we've seen is some very light backstory work. And that one video contained more plot development than Hero Factory ever got. Don't judge the plot just yet, we've barely seen the direction they're taking with the new line.

Its a reboot? Well at least it won't conflick with existing canon, as it threatened to do if it wasn't. All the more reason I'm not a big fan of this new direction, I really don't like reboots.

On the contrary, it seems you should be happy. Like you said, it won't conflict with the original canon, so you won't have to worry about the things you enjoy getting screwed up. But the story content can make you not like the new continuity. Bio15's going to be a much simpler story compared to the original, so if you liked the original story's complexity, I can see why you won't like the new story.

That, and your aforementioned distaste of CCBS (aka Skeleballs, which is the best name I've ever heard for the building system).

Ya, at least the original story won't get ruined.

I am a fan of deep and complex stories and plot, I'm not liking those whole "simple and easy to follow" turn they've taken. Again, too similar to HF.

Thanks for the complement about skeleball.

Edited by Dinobrick

aka Skeleballs, which is the best name I've ever heard for the building system.

agreed. that name should be a thing.

Why are they saying this... http://board.ttvpodcast.com/uploads/db5640/6890/94dc88b7914fa27e.png It just brings a lot of confusion when they have directly stated that Hero Factory is gone because of business decisions.

that's sure is strange, maybe they mean they have another shipment of ifb sets? But then why would the website say retiring soon? Ah, does not compute. :wacko:

And yes, skelaballs for the win. I'm gonna start calling it that.

Edited by arc

Skeleball: a building system consisting of thin beams interlaced with balls for the attachment of an outer shell. Previously known as CCBS. Patent pending Dinobrick, all rights reserved.

Ya, at least the original story won't get ruined.

I am a fan of deep and complex stories and plot, I'm not liking those whole "simple and easy to follow" turn they've taken. Again, too similar to HF.

Thanks for the complement about skeleball.

Honestly, HF's story wasn't "simple and easy to follow". It was nonexistent. :P

Okay, that's not fair. It did have a story, but it was episodic. One year didn't affect the others.

It was stated Bionicle would have at least a three year story arc, so there'll definitely be more plot than HF. I understand the new story isn't headed in the direction you'd like, and that's okay. But all I can say is at least give it a shot before you write it off. Heck, when Ninjago was announced, I didn't think I'd like it too much, and it turned out I ended up loving it.

EDIT: From here on, it is and ever shall be skeleballs.

Edited by Kalhiki

Fine, I will give it its first comic, but if it turns out to be not to my liking, there is no loss. I still have the last nine years (I didn't like glatorians) to fondly remember. :)

Edited by Dinobrick

Quick question: Is there some sort of link where I can actually get pictures from all sets? Because so far I've only seen the finished models off the 3 Toa...

...which look pretty sweet so far.

There won't be comics next year, we'll get 90 second animations on the website and novels. I'd recommend giving the animations a shot and maybe the first book before settling.

Quick question: Is there some sort of link where I can actually get pictures from all sets? Because so far I've only seen the finished models off the 3 Toa...

Here's a Brick Fan article containing all the released images.

One last thing:

My experience with reboots has told me that every time something's rebooted, it's ruined.

But I'm done, I don't wish to let my dislike of this "newonicle" bum you all out.

If that's going to be your attitude, yes, please. The door's right over there...

The Brothers Brick has a Flickr album some great high-res images of all the sets. The official website also has great high-res images of the Toa, masks, and weapons on its character pages. Finally, the LEGO Bionicle Facebook page has most of the pictures from the NYCC panel, as well as pictures of all the Toa in both Battle Mode and Adrenalin Mode.

No need to get aggressive about it. Though vocal in his dislike, Dinobrick doesn't seem to want to offend.

No I don't, and I'm sorry if I offended you, Chro.

There won't be comics next year, we'll get 90 second animations on the website and novels. I'd recommend giving the animations a shot and maybe the first book before settling.

Why no comics?

Edited by Dinobrick

Why no comics?

I think it's part trying to keep the story to fewer outlets, and part the ever-dwindling popularity of Comics as a medium.

I think it's part trying to keep the story to fewer outlets, and part the ever-dwindling popularity of Comics as a medium.

More outlets could only help to bring in more fans, not everyone has a PC.

You are right about comics though, their days have long past.

I wouldn't be surprised to see graphic novels in the long term, though. The LEGO Ninjago graphic novels have been among the most best-selling kids' graphic novels in the entire industry. So if the BIONICLE theme does turn out to be successful enough I can see the LEGO Group and Papercutz collaborating on new BIONICLE graphic novels.

There might also end up being short comics in the LEGO Club Magazines, just as there are for most minifigure-based themes. I don't think those kinds of things are necessarily planned out this far in advance, though.

More outlets could only help to bring in more fans, not everyone has a PC.

I don't think this is a huge issue, necessarily. When I was a kid, my family had a PC, but it was too slow to run things like the Mata Nui Online Game all that well. That didn't mean it was my only option. I could use the computers at my school (outside of class, of course), my mom's office, or the local library to do things that wouldn't work as well on my home computer.

Nowadays, access to the Internet is rapidly becoming a financial necessity in many places. In my area, things like finding a job can be next to impossible without some access to the Internet. If a family doesn't have access to the Internet, not even on a smartphone or at a public library, a toy as expensive as LEGO might not even be within their financial reach.

BIONICLE is a franchise that was was born towards the beginning of the age of the Internet, and its online content has always been some of its most important marketing material. Today, far more people have access to the Internet than they did back then, so it makes sense to put even greater emphasis on online content in the new reboot. Keep in mind that the United States has far more public libraries (over sixteen thousand) than it has comic shops (less than three thousand).

I just want to share my opinion on the whole 'too similar to HF' thing that keeps sprouting up. I don't see how Lego could do Bio2015 any differently that would please the CCBS haters! They already have a Technic mechanism, so that should be enough. I think people are expecting 99% Technic in these new sets, and that's most likely never going to happen in the short-term future of this returning Bionicle line! Sure, Lego might add more Technic-y things slowly but surely, but I just can't see them ever going back to the completely old build.

But back on-topic: little snippits of comic strips being put into the Lego Magazine sounds good to me (I lied about me age so I started getting them again :( ). I hope everything's not going to be on the PC; they are making a mobile app so at least they might put all the story videos and a least a game on there.

No need to get aggressive about it. Though vocal in his dislike, Dinobrick doesn't seem to want to offend.

Sorry I was sharp about that. Don't mean to stir anything up.