Ackar was bland.

Vastus was pretty bad too.

Yeah, I group those sets together with Tarix as far as mediocrity is concerned (Gelu moreso than Vastus, though). Vastus may be pretty bad, but he tried to bring some variety to the table albeit in ways that didn't really work out.

I find it funny that we all have different opinions on 2009 sets =P. Usually there's a fair consensus of what looks good and what looks bad, but maybe it's the amount of time that's passed that has helped us develop independent thoughts on the matter.

It is pretty interesting; in hindsight, 2009 was just a polarizing year in general.

Edited by Mesonak

If they'd called him "Toa Takua" or "Takua Nuva", then the surprise would have been foiled.

How come? The seventh Toas name was never mentioned before he became it.

How come? The seventh Toas name was never mentioned before he became it.

Except on the box of the set, and in the comic, and all of the commercials.

Except on the box of the set, and in the comic, and all of the commercials.

Well when we already had pics of Takanuva, yes. But the name was never hinted before or anything of the actual sets. It was only the propechy of the seventh toa.

If they bring Takanuva back:

1) Like someone else said, he would need a different name, since his was "Takua" and "Nuva" put together. Since there are no Toa Nuva......He'll be Avunakat or something, just to give fans that "Ha!" moment.

I don't understand this. This is a completely new universe where the Toa Nuva don't exist. Couldn't the name Takanuva have just always been his name? It doesn't need to tie into the Toa Nuva team. Or Takua, for that matter.

I don't understand why people assume that Toa Nuva are gone. First of all, this is linked to the "Mataverse"/Generation 1/Ye Olde Timer universe, whatever your preference. Secondly, does anyone here actually know where the story is going? No one? Not even a troll? We have 2 confirmed years after 2015. Unless someone here is psychic (and in which case, I would avoid them and doubt anything they said) no one here knows where the plot is going to go. The Nuva still exist, and as long as nothing massive has happened and assuming these Toa are the originals, they're all Nuva. Except Tahu.

I don't understand why people assume that Toa Nuva are gone. First of all, this is linked to the "Mataverse"/Generation 1/Ye Olde Timer universe, whatever your preference. Secondly, does anyone here actually know where the story is going? No one? Not even a troll? We have 2 confirmed years after 2015. Unless someone here is psychic (and in which case, I would avoid them and doubt anything they said) no one here knows where the plot is going to go. The Nuva still exist, and as long as nothing massive has happened and assuming these Toa are the originals, they're all Nuva. Except Tahu.

1)The only apparent connection we have is through the Vahi. It remains to be seen how deeply this story is connected to the original story.

2)No, we don't know the story's direction. So the Nuva could make an appearance. Whether they'll be called Nuva or not remains to be seen. They could just be upgraded Toa and keep their names. (I guess in my post above, I should have said they don't exist yet)

3)I highly doubt these are the original Toa. Their bios suggest completely different characters what with the new personalities, and the mask powers being changed to control their elements... Yeah.

Two PLANNED years; I doubt we won't get them, given the amount of pre-hype, but it's an important distinction.

Not to mention the alleged connection to the Gen 1 verse has all but been debunked at this point.

Edited by Dorek

Not to mention the alleged connection to the Gen 1 verse has all but been debunked at this point.

I still believe it's possible; while it's very true that the Vahi comment could have been misconstrued, I tend to doubt it was considering we weren't the only ones to receive such a response. The amount of a connection that will be had is another matter; I doubt we're ever going to be revisiting the old universe, or that a ton of characters are going to be spilling over from it. :P

WITH THAT BEING SAID, we talked to very few people so if you were to go with anybody's source, I'd listen to BZP because they've had a much larger degree of communication with people. Also, even IF we suppose there is some kind of connection, that does not mean that any old things from the story would necessarily appear in the new universe. I highly doubt the Toa Nuva would have any relevancy whatsoever, for instance.

Edited by Mesonak

Would it be completely out of the question for Lego to release a 100% clear/opaque set later on down the line? I would buy two of 'em.

1)The only apparent connection we have is through the Vahi. It remains to be seen how deeply this story is connected to the original story.

2)No, we don't know the story's direction. So the Nuva could make an appearance. Whether they'll be called Nuva or not remains to be seen. They could just be upgraded Toa and keep their names. (I guess in my post above, I should have said they don't exist yet)

3)I highly doubt these are the original Toa. Their bios suggest completely different characters what with the new personalities, and the mask powers being changed to control their elements... Yeah.

1) Also the alternate universes. This could exist in one of them, whether they confirm this or not.

2) No comment.

3) I've said this before, Bios are thrown together on the spot. Look at the original NINJAGO bios. Kai was a complete moron, Cole was team leader (HA!), Jay was a joke maker and inventor and Zane... never spoke. In the actual plot? Kai is a hotheaded risk-taker that leads the team. Cole is the overly muscly guy whose powers adapt to match the plot, and no one likes him. Jay hasn't made very many jokes since The Final Battle. Before that, he made very few anyway. He hasn't invented anything since Episode 5, even when they could have used him well with Dr Julien. He's also the biggest goof in the show, and it feels as if they're picking Jay for the stupid situations just for the sake of it. Lewa never got this, even with the whole mind control thing. And Zane? Zane talks. More often than he should.

Analyzing the biographies to find out their real personalities is dumb. Because what they'll do is, they'll change them immediately in the plot or they'll make them incredibly goofy. Like Pohatu cowering in a hut's corner at night time, Onua sleep-fighting, Tahu forgetting what they're even looking for, etc.

edit: also, what do mask powers have to do with anything? This is simplification so we don't have two thousand masks with 5,000 possible powers and variations. If it's an alternate dimension, what does it matter?

Edited by JayWalker

Would it be completely out of the question for Lego to release a 100% clear/opaque set later on down the line? I would buy two of 'em.

erm... opaque is the opposite of clear. the HF 2.0 sets were 100% opaque, due to the lack of a trans head (the ones without lightsaber pieces, at least).

but regarding a trans set, while it might be hard to make out some of the details, I would certainly love more trans parts.

erm... opaque is the opposite of clear. the HF 2.0 sets were 100% opaque, due to the lack of a trans head (the ones without lightsaber pieces, at least).

but regarding a trans set, while it might be hard to make out some of the details, I would certainly love more trans parts.

Opaque isn't the opposite of clear. Opaque means see-through but it's cloudy. It's not out the question that LEGO would make a transparent set, just very unlikely.

edit: wait, no. I was wrong. Got the wrong word.

edit 2: wait, sort of right. It can mean either thing.

Edited by JayWalker

A clear build should've already been made for Vakama. That would've been great.....

And really, there is about a 2% chance that there will be a connection, and the only "evidence" are the Toa, Makuta, and the Vahi. However, like many said, this is just an introductory wave, and the original characters are just a way to kick-start the nostalgia in people and get them to buy the sets. And the Vahi......I am 99% sure that it's just an easter egg for fans.

I don't understand this. This is a completely new universe where the Toa Nuva don't exist. Couldn't the name Takanuva have just always been his name? It doesn't need to tie into the Toa Nuva team. Or Takua, for that matter.

True, I never saw it like that. Well, in that case:

BRING BACK TAKANUVA! :excited:

Edited by LN-01354

When it said Tahu was forgetful I kind of took that he forgot his lessons and principles in heated moments which would actually be a fairly real weakness and would make for a good main character. No so much the"Oh wait, I forgot my weapons" type of forgetful. Which come to think of it, would be kind of hilarious. As for the other weakness, I kind of hope they make them goofy a little bit, but in a way that it doesnt take its self to seriously. I just hope it knows what it is and doesnt try to be something its not, if that makes sense.

It seems everyone forgot about the Vahi-shaped cloud in the Legend trailer.

Which I think unduly influenced questions people asked the designers; although it does resemble a Vahi, it's placement there (as, y'know... a cloud...) could easily just be an homage, instead of some other kind of reference.

Which I think unduly influenced questions people asked the designers; although it does resemble a Vahi, it's placement there (as, y'know... a cloud...) could easily just be an homage, instead of some other kind of reference.

For what it's worth, the Vahi cloud influenced nothing on our end, at least. None of us even noticed its presence in the video until we had returned back to the hotel for the day and browsed comments online.

The cloud means literally nothing, IMO, and is irrelevant to the questions asked to Jordan Paxton; I think it's just an easter egg. I'll quote from my post on the 10th for relevancy's sake:

We inquired as to whether it was a reboot or not, and Jordan Paxton said the following (DIRECT QUOTE): "I don't want to say it's a reboot, because there are certainly elements that connect to the old story." Afterwards, we inquired as to whether these "elements" included the Toa, and whether they were the same Toa from the old storyline. He replied to that with the answer regarding the Mask of Time being "half a mask."
Edited by Mesonak

Fair enough. I also think that, if anything, it's just an easter egg.

We'll see, though. It's only October =P.

edit: also, what do mask powers have to do with anything? This is simplification so we don't have two thousand masks with 5,000 possible powers and variations. If it's an alternate dimension, what does it matter?

I'm going by your comment that they're the original Toa (by original I assume you mean from the original story?). If they were the original Toa you'd think they'd have the same mask powers, yeah?

Also, Lewa's Jungle, so there's more reinforcement that these are new characters.

I'm going by your comment that they're the original Toa (by original I assume you mean from the original story?). If they were the original Toa you'd think they'd have the same mask powers, yeah?

Also, Lewa's Jungle, so there's more reinforcement that these are new characters.

If they were the original masks, they'd have the same powers, yeah? They're called mask powers, not Toa powers. And even so, alternate dimension would apply anyway. Different worlds = different composition. Lewa was practically Jungle in the original G1 anyway, given the green color and the jungle aesthetic. This is an alternate dimension, not Cubus Magna brother of Spherus Magna.

Fair enough. I also think that, if anything, it's just an easter egg.

We'll see, though. It's only October =P.

You are very right! I'm quite curious as to the medium this new story's going to be told in. Obviously we have the mini-movies, but for some reason I doubt they'll be able to really delve into the plot with those due to their length. We don't get books until later in 2015, so it's somewhat perplexing. Personally, I'm holding out hope for the Okoto Online Game. :grin:

Edited by Mesonak