One downside I just thought of about the masks being elemental (beyond the obvious):

Kopaka now has a giant scope over one eye for absolutely no reason XD.

It doesn't have x-ray power's any more, and has nothing to do with ice. No wonder he's clumsy now, no depth perception.

AFAIK, the scope wasn't actually part of any of the masks is featured on, it was just attached afterwards.

Then why did he wear it in the first place if he got x-ray powers from his mask? I guess it had that zoom function in MoL...

Also, It looked like it was fused on pretty tight in his nuva form... Not to mention everyone who wore the original mask seemed to wear the scope too.

Edited by Timeline15

I don't think they'd be out this early - maybe soon(ish) though. I recall Front (or someone from NYCC) saying that they'll need to rework the mask mold slightly, and I don't imagine they'd've shipped out a large quantity of sets so early if there was an issue like that still unfixed.

From the video review of the parts built Tahu, it is claimed that the mask issue has already fixed for the final production run. It was only the NYCC parts that are supposed to have had the tension problem, which could have been produced well in advance of the event.

Edit: I just noticed something. On the Brothers Brick flickr page, looking at the enlarged image of Gali (white background) you can see reflected in the fig's right foot what appears to be the lighting set-up.

Edited by gedren_y

Then why did he wear it in the first place if he got x-ray powers from his mask? I guess it had that zoom function in MoL...

Also, It looked like it was fused on pretty tight in his nuva form... Not to mention everyone who wore the original mask seemed to wear the scope too.

That could just be a canon discrepancy in MNOG and MNOGII, or the Akaku is the only mask with a built-in scope that has other uses aside from its mask power, or maybe it and the Great Matatu are popular masks to mod (Nuju and Kazi had Matatus with scopes). I'd lean towards the first or the last, since the Noble Akaku (as seen on Solek) has no scope.

Having the BIONICLE movie marathon. Still as awesome today as they were many years ago, especially #2. Somehow I always forget half the plots of 2 and 3 entirely.

I see what was mentioned far earlier in this thread's life about those Irish accents... Almost makes me feel guilty for sharing that MoC... (I swear it was a coincidence and I did not even know thats what Matau was supposed to sound like until watching it this time around- I still don't really hear it in Lewa so much)

I definitely hope they go for a full-length movie (hour and a half) someday. Do you think that in line with trying to imitate old BIONICLE (with MNOG style online content) that they will eventaully try some CGI movies similar to 2 and 3? The second and third movies are pretty amazing to me in tone, plot, and execution. They have that serious plot with room for funny moments that LEGO seems to be after.

"Alright- who fired the tickle spinner?"

Edited by InfurnallDragon

The second one's pot dissolved entirely to me halfway through. Suddenly it was "agh! we're split up!" then "kanoka discs!" then "we're all in jail" "MASK POWAR" "You were Lhikan all along" "Sailing a boat, sailing a *boom*" "I'm really Makuta! Even though I had no actual backstory introduced in the movie" "I'm forging a mask without tools!"

That was basically LoMN in a nutshell for me.

EDIT: Why hello there, juicy plot details!

The new storyline takes place on the mythical island of Okoto, where the forces of darkness are on the move, and the evil Makuta is once again materializing. Makuta is overcome by the desire for the three mythic masks that will cast the world into darkness: the Mask of Creation, the Mask of Control, and the Mask of Ultimate Power.

The desperate island inhabitants enlist six heroes called the Toa – each masters of a sacred element – to help save their beloved island. The Toa must embark on a quest for Okoto’s ancient power masks, that will allow them to unlock the full potential of their elemental powers. Only when the heroes are united, will they be able to battle the forces of evil, defeat Makuta, and save Okoto.

http://www.brothers-...-for-2015-news/

So Makuta IS going to be making a return as the villain. I guess this means an LotR analogy really is accurate, given the whole "materializing" thing.

Oh, and could someone that was at the VIP event or handled the Blasters (Looking at you, DeeVee :tongue: ) be able to make a video demonstrating them?

Edited by JayWalker

The second one's pot dissolved entirely to me halfway through. Suddenly it was "agh! we're split up!" then "kanoka discs!" then "we're all in jail" "MASK POWAR" "You were Lhikan all along" "Sailing a boat, sailing a *boom*" "I'm really Makuta! Even though I had no actual backstory introduced in the movie" "I'm forging a mask without tools!"

That was basically LoMN in a nutshell for me.

EDIT: Why hello there, juicy plot details!

http://www.brothers-...-for-2015-news/

So Makuta IS going to be making a return as the villain. I guess this means an LotR analogy really is accurate, given the whole "materializing" thing.

Oh, and could someone that was at the VIP event or handled the Blasters (Looking at you, DeeVee :tongue: ) be able to make a video demonstrating them?

JayWalker, the Makuta thing sounds good. I guess that the Mask of Control could be the main mask for 2016?

The VIP event, unfortunately, didn't include pieces from the Protectors. They did show the blaster at the panel, though, along with the Fire Protector; there's a good angle of it from 8:19-8:30 in this video.

(Alternatively, though, if DV feels like making a video demonstration that would just be excellent)

He clearly had his staff in-hand when he did that. Either that or fire powers!

Eh, couldn't be bothered to remember. Sorry.

JayWalker, the Makuta thing sounds good. I guess that the Mask of Control could be the main mask for 2016?

With how much they've emphasized the MoCr, I doubt that. MoCo will play a part, but why it's such a big deal is yet to be revealed. MoUP is more likely to be the main mask than MoCo, but I really hope it looks good with how much they've hidden its look.

The VIP event, unfortunately, didn't include pieces from the Protectors. They did show the blaster at the panel, though, along with the Fire Protector; there's a good angle of it from 8:19-8:30 in this video.

(Alternatively, though, if DV feels like making a video demonstration that would just be excellent)

Awww... guess they're REALLY trying to keep the Protector stuff under wraps. They certainly implied it with "I'm not supposed to show this feature" at the panel, anyway. So I'm wondering what the giant reveal is. I understand the LOSS reveal, he's a throwback to the Rahi and Bohrok with his Technic build. Just hoping it isn't a simple grab function, and that it's more than that.

edit: Oh, I also noticed just today Tahu uses Friction Joints on his feet.

EDIT 2: OH WOW. THAT'S how it works!? I was expecting a Mini-gun style firing mechanism, but this is even cooler! :wub:

Edited by JayWalker

Just in case nobody else has, I'm calling it that we're gonna get a Skull Spider as a polybag. It just seems so very polybag-worthy.

I hope so. Maybe even in a different color from the other three we've seen?

@Jay - Chimaninja was referring to 2016; we've definitely seen that the Mask of Creation is the solid focus of 2015. I think it's possible, but unlikely, that the Mask of Control would receive the same emphasis.

Edited by Chro

I hope so. Maybe even in a different color from the other three we've seen?

@Jay - Chimaninja was referring to 2016; we've definitely seen that the Mask of Creation is the solid focus of 2015. I think it's possible, but unlikely, that the Mask of Control would receive the same emphasis.

Oh, alright then...

Has anyone brought up the Visorak webbing on LOSS's background yet?

Just in case nobody else has, I'm calling it that we're gonna get a Skull Spider as a polybag. It just seems so very polybag-worthy.

If they did, I'd hope it would be either black or even better, glow in the dark.

Seriously. That mask needs to be GitD.

Var @ TTV in the Tahu review comment section said that the green spiders WERE meant to be GITD but it cost too much, hence the odd use of Spring Yellowish Green (hopefully I got the name right, can't double check right now). That does remind me of the Inika heads. Promo polybags are produced in limited quantities so they might manage to make GITD Spiders in the future.

Yup, I want to make some mutated zombies too. Zombie Toa, Matoran, Rahi.. Yesss.

Edited by Shakar

If so......Heaven help my wallet! The Skull Spiders seem like they will be a horde, a massive army of tiny creatures. Having 12 of them is not enough. I need an army, a full force, a swarm that can pose a threat to the Toa! They can even make them in blind bags, and it could......kind of.....be like Mask Packs!!

Also guys, the summer wave consists of five sets, right? 6 elements.....one Black LOSS....could be be getting a white one, a green one, etc, for the summer? I HIGHLY doubt it, but you always need to expect the worst.

So does anyone know why the Visorak webbing is in the background of LOSS? I hope it doesn't mean we're getting Hordika again... Ugh, 2005 was a horrible year for BIONICLE. I wasn't even a fan back then and I can tell! (and I've bought Nuju simply because I could)

I'm pretty sure it's "regular" webbing and has nothing to do with the Visorak.

Yeah, that looks like a normal spiderweb to me. That's something that spiders are well known for. I really, really doubt we'll see Hordika of any kind next year.

Edited by Mariko

So does anyone know why the Visorak webbing is in the background of LOSS? I hope it doesn't mean we're getting Hordika again... Ugh, 2005 was a horrible year for BIONICLE. I wasn't even a fan back then and I can tell! (and I've bought Nuju simply because I could)

A while back I tried to point out how the golden mask on his box art is right in the middle of his web, and if you see the other, more complete webs in the background they each seem to have a bulge right in the middle of each of them.

The golden mask might be the MoCo in disguise or it might not be unique and actually be made from somehting in the cocoons in each web. That could make it an alternative mask for evil to use, or maybe its a super breed of skull spider.

What if they steal the skulls of Okotans to mutate into the spiders? That would be pretty dark for a first year, but not a total impossibility.

Edited by InfurnallDragon

Oh, I just noticed that almost each letter of the BIONICLE logo have the same symbols as the Mask of Creation :

biolog11.jpg

(you can click for full size)

I wonder if these symbols have any meaning or if they are just decorations.

Oh, I just noticed that almost each letter of the BIONICLE logo have the same symbols as the Mask of Creation :

(snip'd)

I wonder if these symbols have any meaning or if they are just decorations.

I doubt that they'll have full-blown meaning, just that it's some sort of 'ancient runes' for decoration on mystical stuff.