I'm trying to word this differentely.

Are there concrete chances Europe gets the new BIONICLE wave before Chirstmas, as most probably North America is going to?

I think where sets release early has more to do with retailer than with country. Toys 'R' Us tends to be the place to release sets early in the United States. I don't know which sets might do so in Europe, but I know sets HAVE shown up before their "official" release date in at least some European countries in the past, so while your chances aren't any more concrete as ours are in North America, they're also no more unlikely.

On a side note, I just noticed something interesting about Onua. I saw at Comic Con that he had an extra 3M neck joint, and was a bit disappointed that he was no longer the shortest... however, I just went on LDD and realized that with his torso built like it is, that extra neck joint can be positioned 100% horizontally, which means not only does it not add to his height, it also helps give him his characteristic forward hunch, and very convincingly at that.

Overall, the height of the characters is as follows:

Tahu: 27 modules tall

Kopaka: 26 modules tall

Gali and Lewa: 25 modules tall

Pohatu and Onua: 23 modules tall

Average: ~24.83 modules tall

This is, of course, a bit of a simplification. It assumes that each mask adds exactly half a module to the character's height, when in fact the extra height their masks grant them ranges from half a module in the case of the Akaku to about three fourths of a module in the case of the Kaukau and Kakama. But I tend to ignore this kind of slight discrepancy even with older sets. Tends to save me headaches later on.

EDIT: Whoops, I just realized I counted Tahu a module short! He's actually 27 modules tall, not 26, since he has friction joints in his ankles. So the average height of these Toa is slightly taller than the average height of the Toa Metru.

Edited by Aanchir

On a side note, I just noticed something interesting about Onua. I saw at Comic Con that he had an extra 3M neck joint, and was a bit disappointed that he was no longer the shortest... however, I just went on LDD and realized that with his torso built like it is, that extra neck joint can be positioned 100% horizontally, which means not only does it not add to his height, it also helps give him his characteristic forward hunch, and very convincingly at that.

Yay, I called it! Sort of... I tried to make the point that different perspectives given on the different boxarts Promotional Artwork can belie the hunch or suggest the hunch- especially seen with Onua Nuva and these two images.

This is like 2015, where he could look like he had a hunch depending on how he stood, but could also look be interpreted as very muscular shoulders.

Toon Onua does a good job of this too.

Edited by InfurnallDragon

It wasn't us fans who rescued BIONICLE....

it was this guy:

I was just thinking about those things this morning.

Rescue tech should be a meme. BUILDING COOL HEROES TO SAVE THE WORLD!

It wasn't us fans who rescued BIONICLE....

it was this guy:

*shudders* that commercial made even the worst hero factory look like the best constraction ever. But Not quite as bad as... The g word. *more shudders*

(No offense to the hero factory fans, it just wasn't my thing)

*shudders* that commercial made even the worst hero factory look like the best constraction ever. But Not quite as bad as... The g word. *more shudders*

(No offense to the hero factory fans, it just wasn't my thing)

Galidor? I liked Galidor, still do. Nice designs, especially on the monsters.

Yes, it does seem to be that way. Let's just hope they don't take it too far. "Do the Toa save the island? You decide!"

Oh, I swear to Mata Nui Ekimu, that if they do that......... :cry_sad:

Also, please bring back romance. Not......for the creepy reason........We need it because it give the characters more depth and personality. Think: without love, everyone is emotionless, not attached to others, and thus we would have an island full of Kopakas. With love, the characters just seem more real and caring, nurturing of one-another.

That being said, we need more women characters. Every Toa team in the past was comprised of 5 guys and ONE LADY. In fact, the Glatorian only had Kiina.......On a planet where romance is canon, how did that work out?

My joke-pairing though? Takua and Jaller. It was so obvious in MOL........

Edited by LN-01354

"BUILDING COOL HEROES TO SAVE THE WORLD!"

Don't forget that "FROM MEGABLOKS" was at the end of that phrase.

BUILDING COOL HEROES TO SAVE THE WORLD FROM MEGABLOKS.

^ Much better.

Edited by Jacen Torq

It seems speculation is getting wierder... we need more... or less..., talking of time to wait

hope November/December gets quickly... for at least seeing reviews

And also ^ @Jacen Torq That phrase... :grin:

Edited by Xeros610

I have a feeling we could be seeing the sets as early as late next month/early December. Just seen a Twitter post about a Jan 1st release date. (inb4 obvious)

What's weird about my Takua-Jaller comment? Or was it the Kiina vs an entire planet of romantic Glatorian? :tongue:

So, on topic: Hopefully, we get them by November.........So that I can buy out all of them. I am already planning to buy all of the sets, TWICE: one for keeping and playing *displaying*, and one for keeping in the box!!

Edited by LN-01354

Sorry, haven't caught up on the past 70 pages of text; but how do we know if we're getting them in November?

As Aanchir said at the top of this page... Some retailers (coughTRUcough) put out January sets early to capitalize on the Christmas shopping season. With a hard release date from Lego of January 1st, we can expect sets to start leaking out early-to-mid December. Late November is a bit too optimistic though.

Lol I wish I had enough money to by a copie of each set, lol. I can barely manage all of them at once as it is.

Who said that I can afford it? :wink: But when it comes to Bionicle, everything else is a second priority.

Also, I was just thinking about this: will the Three Virtues return? That was a major part of Bionicle, and really, it at least gave Bionicle some meaning......They weren't just silly, moral-lacking robots with no soul or beliefs (That's HF).

Edited by LN-01354

Who said that I can afford it? :wink: But when it comes to Bionicle, everything else is a second priority.

Also, I was just thinking about this: will the Three Virtues return? That was a major part of Bionicle, and really, it at least gave Bionicle some meaning......They weren't just silly, moral-lacking robots with no soul or beliefs (That's HF).

I... concur.

TTV joke aside: They did have morals in HF. They were just never really defined like the Matoran. You can see in Brain attack how they at least wouldnt hurt any of the creatures possessed by brains because they were mind controlled.

I would like to see if the Protectors have a similar belief system though.

I'm still bidding on the idea that the Toa are the Mataverse Toa, and that that will be casually and slyly hinted at until near the end of this BIONICLE's run when they finally flatout say it. It would be a reveal to compete with that giant robot plot twist. The final year could be partly about them trying to uncover their origins or something.

This way they wouldn't link too badly to the past until the very end, and the only people that get the references would be those that tried to do their homework.

Something keeps bugging me: Didn't one of the LEGO employees say they have a story for the next three years written up?

Edited by InfurnallDragon

Yes, which sorta bothers me. Are they optimistic about the succession of the revived Bionicle line, lasting no more than three years?

Yes, which sorta bothers me. Are they optimistic about the succession of the revived Bionicle line, lasting no more than three years?

Consider that the original BIONICLE was only planned as a 1-year line; I'd say LEGO is pretty optimistic if their starting point for G2 BIONICLE lasts three whole years.

Yes, they only have a 3-year story, which will be extended, depending upon the success of the revival. If I recall correctly, there was something about the mask of time being making a potential appearance in later story, but I can't be 100% on that. All I know is the next 3-years is going to be the tracking down of all 3 legendary masks.

Gali x Kopaka and Lewa x Onua 2015 please.

Pfft, come on! You'd have to be blind to not see Pohatu/Kopaka! It's basically canon! =V

Edited by CabooseBM

I think that the "Three Years" story is just a cover. They seem very confident and proud of this comeback, and really, I can't see any way that Bionicle II can fail, since they are utilizing all of the elements that made Bionicle I so great, and leaving out the elements that ruined it.

I have a feeling that they have a well thought-out plan going on, so that even IF it fails, they can take another hiatus, and return to the same story in a few years.

I just hope they don't just stretch out the planned 3-year story if Bionicle's a booming success. Finish that story while planting the seeds for a new one rather than bloating the old story.

Like the three year plot-arcs? Let's hope they don't do that again.

"Oh yay! We defeated the Piraka and got the mask-*FWWWOOOOOOOOOOOSH*"

"Oh yay! We defeated the Barraki and- Matoro? MATOROOOOOO!"

"Oh yay! We defeated the Makuta and- NOT AGAIN!"

"Oh yay! We defeated the Makuta *AGAIN* and now Mata Nui is conveniently trapped inside the mask. Too bad there's no sand around here... *COUGH*"

I... concur.

Didn't one of the LEGO employees say they have a story for the next three years written up?

Thumbs up. :P

To answer your question, Jordan Paxton stated that BIONICLE is currently planned for a three year run, similarly to most of Lego's other large scale themes. That doesn't mean it will end after three years; Ninjago went on to continue after its intended conclusion, after all. It just means that's all they currently have planned.

Like the three year plot-arcs? Let's hope they don't do that again.

"Oh yay! We defeated the Piraka and got the mask-*FWWWOOOOOOOOOOOSH*"

"Oh yay! We defeated the Barraki and- Matoro? MATOROOOOOO!"

"Oh yay! We defeated the Makuta and- NOT AGAIN!"

"Oh yay! We defeated the Makuta *AGAIN* and now Mata Nui is conveniently trapped inside the mask. Too bad there's no sand around here... *COUGH*"

What's wrong with three-year plot arcs? I'd say it's quite feasible for an arc of three years to be executed well. As long as there is a true progression of the story through the years, without too much filler, I see nothing wrong with not limiting a story to one year. The end of 2006 aside, none of the things you mention seem to indicate contrived prolongation. Am I missing something?