Why aren't people shipping Jaller and Hahli? I was just watching Mask of Light today, and it's pretty obvious that they were flirting at the Kohlii match, plus before Jaller and Takua leave to find the Seventh Toa. Also, theoretically speaking, they are still on the same Toa team...

I'm all for love. It was dumb to get rid of it in the first place just due to its obvious presence in media.

If anything, I'd like them to just not mention the subject. Just leave it up to the fans. But outright denying its existence is stupid.

But here's the question: which Protectors are male and which are female? Maybe they're all male (or female for that matter)? And are the Toa going to be brothers and sister like in days of old? Unless we get some normal villagers, our shipping has been limited!

But here's the question: which Protectors are male and which are female? Maybe they're all male (or female for that matter)? And are the Toa going to be brothers and sister like in days of old? Unless we get some normal villagers, our shipping has been limited!

If all the villagers are male, there's always what the Mixels fandom does: gay shipping. *shudder*

(And absolutely no offense to those who are gay on here, I'm just making an example)

I don't think this is going anywhere good...

But it is an interesting point that we've received no indication of gender (or any personality at all, outside of "elder, leader" etc.) for the Protectors

If all the villagers are male, there's always what the Mixels fandom does: gay shipping. *shudder*

(And absolutely no offense to those who are gay on here, I'm just making an example)

"Protectors" as in the village leaders. The ones we're getting as sets. An all-male society would be weird.

Speaking of, should we just call the normal villagers "Matoran" or a basic name like... "Villagers"?

I walked away for a while and come back to this... W/e...

I was watching BZP's interviews and this one is probably the best:

I put a time on it to show a really interesting point.

At 6:20 they discuss voice acting and that gets interesting. #PohatuisAustralian

We should be "excited" for these voice actors...

If the guy who is, to my knowledge, the father of BIONICLE is ecstatic for this then I will be too. According to this Art Director, Faber really likes the new BIONICLE.

Wild speculation: The series will be so short, it allows LEGO to hire Hugh Jackman to play Pohatu with the voice of the

. Edited by InfurnallDragon

If the guy who is, to my knowledge, the father of BIONICLE is ecstatic for this then I will be too. According to this Art Director, Faber really likes the new BIONICLE.

Thanks for the info--I haven't been able to watch the interviews yet. Faber defined Bionicle for me, even more than Greg (I was a fan from 2001-2003, then again from 2009 on); glad that he gives his approval!

To all of you who managed to get ahold of the new gearbox piece, I have a question: Have any of you tried rigging up a kicking function like G1 Mata Pohatu?

I'd imagine it would be quite clunky, but with enough upper back armor I'd think it could look alright; however, I'd like to hear the thoughts and opinions of people who actually own the piece so I can get a better perspective.

Oh God yes, the Earth Protector as the Fat Controller.

I'm now imagining the voice as the Narrator in The Stanley Parable for some reason.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

"Protectors" as in the village leaders. The ones we're getting as sets. An all-male society would be weird.

Speaking of, should we just call the normal villagers "Matoran" or a basic name like... "Villagers"?

I'm just calling them villagers until I hear otherwise. After all, even if they do have a species name, it's not like calling them villagers would be wrong or inaccurate... just less specific.

I'm wondering about the Protectors' genders as well. The product descriptions fail to mention gender for ANY of the characters, and the new website only has character pages for the Toa.

As far as the "no romance" rule is concerned, I don't know if it was anything Greg actually took too seriously. It seemed almost like something he just made up to keep from having to answer shipping-related questions. After all, there were plenty of instances of Matau flirting with Nokama even in non-movie scenes that Greg wrote by himself. And there's a bit of possibly romantic subtext to Dalu and Balta's relationship even if they're only ever described as "close friends".

Still, having an official LEGO employee state on the record that "there is no romance in BIONICLE" is rather problematic, as it discourages fans from enjoying the story in a certain way or telling certain types of stories themselves.

Kopaka x Pohatu OTP!

Those new heads could work as Skull Spider launchers on a villain, if the eye piece was the same colour as the actual head.

So how strong is this function, exactly?

does not seem to suggest to me that it is strong enough to be a villains main form of attack. That is a very interesting concept though. Has anyone other than TTV's Var made some sort of review with the head itself?

I can't connect to BZP atm for some reason, but has anyone there done a review of each new piece?

Edited by InfurnallDragon

I can't connect to BZP atm for some reason, but has anyone there done a review of each new piece?

I'm in the process of a review like that for The New Elementary, but it won't contain video I think.

BZPower is having server issues right now but they're working on resolving them.

So how strong is this function, exactly?

does not seem to suggest to me that it is strong enough to be a villains main form of attack. That is a very interesting concept though. Has anyone other than TTV's Var made some sort of review with the head itself?

The function on the heads is strong enough to work for knocking the mask off cleanly but is certainly not strong enough to function as any sort of launcher (especially for Skull Spiders, which thanks to their legs are significantly heavier than most masks).

I've done a brief review of the gearbox on my Flickr but not any of the other parts.

I'm in the process of a review like that for The New Elementary, but it won't contain video I think.

BZPower is having server issues right now but they're working on resolving them.

That's OK if it doesn't have the video. I just want to hear more about the pieces and maybe some idea of how they work. There's probably a thousand things that can be done with one of the new weapons alone.

The function on the heads is strong enough to work for knocking the mask off cleanly but is certainly not strong enough to function as any sort of launcher (especially for Skull Spiders, which thanks to their legs are significantly heavier than most masks).

I've done a brief review of the gearbox on my Flickr but not any of the other parts.

Thanks for the info! I'll take a look at the gearbox too.

EDIT: That revealed quite a bit about the gearbox. I won't give people less reason to visit this page with specifics :laugh: , but that third picture in the album showed me how easy it would be to mod the functions for myself, and I do agree that it is ingeniously designed. Thanks!

Also a question sort of off and on topic at the same time:

I plan on doing a few different MoC's and maybe other multimedia things- is there a good thread or something somewhere detailing the pros and cons of Flickr and Brickshelf? I know they arent the only mediums out there, but It would be informative.

EDIT: I should probably just use that search bar... :blush:

It's not the Mask of Control, lol. We've seen the Mask of Control, it's nothing like it. HOWEVER; the aura around the golden Skull mask has led a few to believe the MoCr can shape shift, at this point though no one knows for sure.

Fair, I haven't really been paying much attention to the thread; kinda lost track of it during NYCC

I don't see why the Mask of Control cant shapeshift too.

At this point the acronym situation has spiraled horribly out of control ( :wacko: ) . MoC can mean so many things now. So after MoCr was adapted, how do we handle Control? MoCo, MoCl, MoCt... ?

Why would a golden aura make people think that the golden Skull Spider mask is a shape-shifted Mask of Creation? And why does the assumption that the Mask of Creation can shapeshift mean that the Mask of Control can't?

Edit: Oh man, ninja'd! Or, as someone on BZP said, Kapura'd!

Edited by Mariko

Why would a golden aura make people think that the golden Skull Spider mask is a shape-shifted Mask of Creation? And why does the assumption that the Mask of Creation can shapeshift mean that the Mask of Control can't?

Edit: Oh man, ninja'd! Or, as someone on BZP said, Kapura'd!

I have mastered the art of making quick responses by typing slowly.

MoCo.

MoCo LoCo.

So this is apparently a thing.

Mask of Breakfastization confirmed. Control your entire fridge using eggs.

I'm trying to word this differentely.

Are there concrete chances Europe gets the new BIONICLE wave before Chirstmas, as most probably North America is going to?

Edited by TwistLaw

Wild speculation: The series will be so short, it allows LEGO to hire Hugh Jackman to play Pohatu with the voice of the

I always thought Hugh Jackman would make a good Tahu.

The gearbox is nice, one thing I'm going to do with it once I get Pohatu is mod it to fit with his legs like the Mata one for fun. :sweet:

Edited by Floundie