They weren't sold in one set, they were just advertised together (if that's what you meant).

Yes, in the US, Norik was only sold in an exclusive 2-pack with Iruini but was available separately in other countries.

Iruini was available on his own in the US but Norik was not.

Edited by Jetrax99

Almost forgot to post this here. I have a Flickr gallery of pics of the new gearbox, including a fairly generic configuration for it to demonstrate how it works.

I'm actually quite looking forward to getting some of these, not just for gear purposes. They offer some interesting connection points, angles and levels.

BTW, just realized that if it's the same history all over again, there will be the same characters.

If I remember correctly, someone in the panel asked if we would see returning characters besides the Toa and Makuta. I think Lego's answer was that they currently have no plans to bring any characters back( besides the "Main Baddie" and the Heroic Toa, of course). :tongue:

Edited by AdaptingChaos

Yes, in the US, Norik was only sold in an exclusive 2-pack with Iruini but was available separately in other countries.

I live in the US and bought Iruini on his own...

Same...

Seeing as they already have a mould for the MoCr, I would expect Ahkimou (do we have a confirmed spelling?), or at least his mask, to be released very soon.

I see how Akhmou has sneakily returned to 2015 and is planning to poison all the Po-Matoran again... ;)

Only Norik was limited to the two pack. Iruni was available beforehand separately.

Almost forgot to post this here. I have a Flickr gallery of pics of the new gearbox, including a fairly generic configuration for it to demonstrate how it works.

Wow! That's sweet. Simple, yet dramatic. Question, though: can axels get stuck inside of it? Like if you put a 2 stud axle through one of the side holes and through a gear? Much like how the same thing could happen with Rahkshi bodies?

Also, did anyone catch BZP's interviews? One of them said that the narrator changes his voice a bit for different characters in the animations, and Pohatu's is particularly awesome. I swear, if he does an Australian accent, I'll flip.

Wow! That's sweet. Simple, yet dramatic. Question, though: can axels get stuck inside of it? Like if you put a 2 stud axle through one of the side holes and through a gear? Much like how the same thing could happen with Rahkshi bodies?

I fully expect they could. But I'm not about to test it to find out.

Also, did anyone catch BZP's interviews? One of them said that the narrator changes his voice a bit for different characters in the animations, and Pohatu's is particularly awesome. I swear, if he does an Australian accent, I'll flip.

So this time Gali not only looks like a man but sounds like one too!

I was thinking a cowboy accent would be cool for Pohatu.

So this time Gali not only looks like a man but sounds like one too!

That is assuming of course that the same narrator is voicing gali.

To be honest, I hope Pohatu is australian, that suits him just fine.

That is assuming of course that the same narrator is voicing gali.

To be honest, I hope Pohatu is australian, that suits him just fine.

He is.

It does.

The more I look at the concept art images from the panel presentation, the more I wish the upcoming webisodes were made into a longer length show. The opportunity for a full Flash animation-based series on Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon is just too good to pass up for LEGO. Here's hoping that they're at least trying to "test the waters" for one.

UPDATE: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=101216&view=getnewpost New topic to discuss in!

Edited by Puffle Pal26

If the animations get more recognitizion than thought, I believe they give a nice bonus to budget and evetually have a show of Bionicle episodes in 2016 or so on.

Honestly, I feel the webisodes will be just fine. I don't think the story really requires an entire TV series.

What I wonder is how long the collective episodes will be if someone strung 'em together as a sort of "movie".

A Bionicle TV show is too much. If Bionicle appears every weekend, the story will get stretched out into ridiculous plots and pointless adventures. Limiting it to a short web series (And please, in the name of Mata Nui Ekimu, let there be a MOVIE!!) would make those stories matter more, and they would be more thought out and important.

For a movie, what would you guys want? I would rather 3D animation, like the originals, rather than 2D. (But only if it is The Legend Reborn style, where they were all accurate to the sets. Just.....lose all of the spinny pieces. That was horrible.)

Edited by LN-01354

I personally preferred the style of the earlier Bionicle movies - where they were stylized, yet still recognizable - over the TLR style, where we basically just saw the sets animated. I hope that they stick with the new animation style for all media (outside of commercials etc.) in coming years.

What TLR did good was the animation... however it was not accurate at all to the story. They had fans and tech all over their body and they were supposed to be organic beings. However I think they did even set design wrong for them. But what made this especially funny was how the sets were portrayed semi-organic like they should be back in 2003-2005 movies. Legend Reborn and the HF tv-show weren't that appealing to the audience and so I think IFB was the last we saw of that style.

What TLR did good was the animation... however it was not accurate at all to the story. They had fans and tech all over their body and they were supposed to be organic beings. However I think they did even set design wrong for them. But what made this especially funny was how the sets were portrayed semi-organic like they should be back in 2003-2005 movies. Legend Reborn and the HF tv-show weren't that appealing to the audience and so I think IFB was the last we saw of that style.

They didn't do set design wrong. If anything, Greg wrote the story wrong, insisting that they were mostly organic when clearly they weren't. The sets, as always, came first, and if the story is inconsistent with it then that's the part at fault.

I've always pictured that as the mechanical implantments and armor being most noticeable and the organic being existing within, so TLR animation and Greg's descriptions never conflicted in my mind.

Edited by Toa of Gallifrey