Am I the only one who thinks a clear Hau is a rather strange exclusive?

Don't get me wrong, I want it, but i'm not so sure it's because I have an interest in it, or because it's exclusive. It would look very odd on a character, I think those chrome gold masks would be far more interesting as exclusives.

Yes, they did

(Basically defunks any thoughts that the chrome masks are the gold ones.)

Oh man, imagine if they did those chrome gold masks like the Mr. Gold minifigure, randomly in some Toa sets...

This is what I'm hoping for. I don't want them to be the rarest of the rare, but a bit of challenge would be nice. If only the set packaging was see through...

From the animation, the matoran masks appear to all be generic Defender kanohi, but perhaps they come in different colors and patterns. If we got mask packs, then maybe they would work like that.

It's the Spectral Mask from Journey of Takanuva! :O

I love that book. Probably why I also like the new animation art style. The character proportions are somewhat similar to JoT.

Speaking of the animations, I really hope there's a bunch of Easter Egg references to the original Bionicle. Vahi cloud is just one, and I expect more to come.

I actually like the Trans Lime bones more than Trans yellow. It's a nice contrast. Then again, I'm the guy that likes his robots to have running lights the same colour as their optics on them, so it's probably a personal thing.

Don't get me wrong, I want it, but i'm not so sure it's because I have an interest in it, or because it's exclusive. It would look very odd on a character, I think those chrome gold masks would be far more interesting as exclusives.

I agree that the chrome masks would be more exciting. However, if they are only going to give away one mask at Comic Con, I can see why they would choose to save the chromes for another promotion. Alternately, they might be giving out the chrome masks, simply on different days. How long does NYCC last?

Oh, and for those who want a chance to win a Spectral Omega Hau, simply retweet this official tweet.

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat

Bzh1k_EIcAEn-XT.jpg

Not much new, but thought it was worth pointing out the Toa 'crash onto the Island' just like the original story. Canisters again? Or a ship maybe?

Wait, why is there blue on jungle protector's weapon. Don't tell me they just used the pieces from surge -_-

Regarding your question LN, I think it's because they integrated the faces into the masks in the films, so it would have been weird to have a second face underneath (not to mention they would all be identical, and ugly).

I'm sure somebody has mentioned this in the pages I skipped, but...

The way the Masters are listed on the site are in their old Kaita combinations. It's probably a coincidence, but I'll hope that somebody was paying attention here =P.

Regarding your question LN, I think it's because they integrated the faces into the masks in the films, so it would have been weird to have a second face underneath (not to mention they would all be identical, and ugly).

But they really hinted at it a lot: When Takanuva ripped off Makuta's mask, they did a silhouette, in LOMN, Jala's mask breaks and we see a side view.......I just don't get why they avoided it.

They were probably told by lego to keep the mask gimmick obvious (hence why takua's was almost falling off, etc), but didn't want to show the face underneath. Not to mention when Lhikan gives Vakama his mask.

Wait, why is there blue on jungle protector's weapon. Don't tell me they just used the pieces from surge -_-

They just used the pieces from Surge.

And the Stone characters have to use yellow. They just have to. It looks so yellow on the packaging.

He seems to be regular brown, if not then Dark Orange.

And the Stone characters have to use yellow. They just have to. It looks so yellow on the packaging.

It's false advertising. If they don't give me trans yellow I will boycott these sets.

Edited by Floundie

Definitely not the orange rom HF/Bionicle, so possibly yet another new brown.

On another note, I've noticed that Makuta seems much less evil this time around. There isn't an implication that we wanted to use the mask of ultimate power to enslave anyone, he just wanted the protectors to appreciate him more than his brother.... Not that that doesn't lead to evil, but it's gonna be interesting to see a Makuta who actually cares enough about Matoran opinions to be upset by them.

They just used the pieces from Surge.

you little...

Edited by Timeline15

Yep. We've been talking about it for the past few pages, but the thread is moving so quickly I can understand if you missed it.

Oh, look, a Vahi. I didn't know it was also the Mask of Alternate Timelines. And Clouds

Wasn't one of the quotes from the con earlier likening this to the star trek reboot? Oh god, that means they're gonna screw over the original timeline in some way >.<

Edited by Timeline15

Jungle P. looks..lazy. I mean, rehashed tr. bright green shells and Surge lightning pieces? Surely they couldn't recolour those pieces to fit his mask? That said I do like the Protectors, even though I'm not getting all of them (3 at most, I think).

Too bad they suck so bad. The legs are made of what, 5 pieces? The good bionicles didn't have big garbage-looking pieces, they were more intricate and small

facepalm.jpg