The new heads look fantastic. Looks like they channeled stormer's underbite into the metru head 2.0

The new heads look fantastic. Looks like they channeled stormer's underbite into the metru head 2.0

Ha! That's exactly what it looks like!

Now that I'm calmed down, I'm happy to see gear functions on all the Toa... It's a bit obvious on Pohatu, but I hope they all have different functions and not just all the same swinging arms thing the Toa Metru had going on...

https://twitter.com/...261897892163584

Skull consists of 3 parts.

Yeah, really similar to the Metru heads!

Is there a gallery that has all the pictures from Comic Con? Toy display, the panel, etc?

Also, I think it was mentioned earlier, but in the video at 54 seconds when Makuta and Ekimu are shaking hands: that cloud sure looks familiar.

Is there a gallery that has all the pictures from Comic Con? Toy display, the panel, etc?

Also, I think it was mentioned earlier, but in the video at 54 seconds when Makuta and Ekimu are shaking hands: that cloud sure looks familiar.

There's an entire album right here: http://imgur.com/a/Coy18#0

I cross checked it with google images. that cloud is too uncanny to be anything else but intentional. Makes me wonder that's gonna happen with that temple of time.... :P

Dat gallery. so the protectors' masks are not only dual coloured, but part solid part trans. all the money, take it.

Edited by Timeline15

Awesome, this is bringing back memories. They all look pretty good imo.

Although, does anybody else feel like the character biographies on the LEGO website were written by a ten year old? Tons of typos and generally very poorly written. Odd.

So, judging by the pictures from the presentation and the video (especially that sketch of the red one wearing a jedi robe... :grin: ), I'm guessing that the Protectors are going to be sort-of Turaga but in larger numbers, right? Or maybe Matoran that don't sound like teenagers... :tongue:

Anyway, I really like the art style they're using for the Online mini-series. I really hope that they expand it to longer episodes in the future or something, because from a graphical point of view it has a very unique style that I somehow can't get enough of...

DAMNIT TRANS LIME GREEN ON POHATU? What happened to yellow?

Lego giveth, and Lego taketh away.

Also, only 2 eye colours by the looks of it.dang.

Edited by Timeline15

Alright, I officially purchased the clear Hau. It should be here sometime next week, might post a review on YouTube.

So according to TTV, the protectors are basically like Matoran, but the actual set ones are the leaders, like Turaga, or raanu from 2009.

Lego giveth, and Lego taketh away.

Also, only 2 eye colours by the looks of it.dang.

It's so cheap of them. I have always hated that in the later years we always got either orange or green eyes, for everything. Here the green looks awful on Pohatu. Really too bad.

117 people are reading this topic right now. Crazy!

Edited by Floundie

Kopaka being clumsy is hilarious when you think of it. He's arrogant, perfectionist and kind of a jerk so that trait keeps his ego down a bit. I just hope the Toa' "funny traits" aren't overplayed, I'm ok with a bit of humour but I don't want it to be overdone like on Chima.

And TR. LIME? Oh well...so much for finally getting tr. yellow. :(

Edited by Shakar

Ok let me give a few insights as I'm trying to digest everything I just saw.

I am downstairs on an iPhone typing this for what it is worth.

Understand I have a soft spot for Tahu, Gali, and Kopaka naturally, as they were my favorites growing up.

One of the designers said across the wave there were approximately 30 new elements, which is fantastic. I seem to think Kopaka will be an instant hit, as his skis and white elements just pop out at you.

All of the weapons are interchangeable in neat ways. Tahus swords become his sweet fire surfing board, Gali gets some really near flippers, Pohatus digging claws are absolutely fantastic.

The animated films look great, and the subtle updates to the masks are awesome. It was a great panel (albeit very short), but I am hoping for some hands on time this evening.

Edited by SSchmidt

It's only hitting me now how overused the 'sibling betrayal' plot is. That took way longer than it should have XD. I guess it's because its actual siblings this time, and motivated by jealousy, rather than just being evil. You could literally replace Ekimu/Makuta with Mata Nui and, well... Makuta, or Celestia/Luna, or Mufasa/Scar. Not that I mind. It's one of my favourite clichés.

Anyone else feeling reminded of the legend of the First Spinjitzu Master by the animation?

Honestly I'm a bit disappointed by Pohatu's bones not being trans-yellow after all, but oh well, he still looks awesome.

-Gata signoff.png

New set images :

ok dorek, you were right. I like that new hau now. Still not into Lewa's though.

So here are my general gists I've gotten from the Toa's personalities so far, based off my expeirence watching anime:

Kopaka is 1000% Zoro from One Piece- The one eye, the three blades, the lack of a sense of direction, the seriousness, everything. Steve Blum will always be our Kopaka, if he's voiced.

Gali reminds me of either Ikaros from Heaven's Lost Property, or a bit of Temperance from Bones. Being voiced by Brittney Karbowski (Ikaros, Biri-biri/Misaka, animal girl from Problem Children) would be perfect, since she can pull off both the flat tone and the emotional voice well.

Lewa is still roughly the same. This is good.

I hope Onua doesn't sleep too much. That's what completely ruined the Bear Tribe of Chima.

Pohatu is awesome.

Tahu reminds me of the red ninja from Ninjago for some reason, even though I've never followed the series...

And these animations seriously need to become a full fledged show. I'm loving the Japanese aesthetic.