wasn't the main city with the arena on Bara Magna called Atero? that and Okoto sound kind of similar, so maybe it is a continuation, somehow, and maybe Okoto is an Island on Spherus Magna? just a thought, hadn't seen anyone else mention it figured I'd throw it out there

maybe, I mentioned a while back that okoto could be part of bota magna, since that hasn't really been explored, but kinda unlikely. It's not completely out of the question though.

I've joined the Reboot boat (now we have a boat to go with the Hype Train). That's mainly due to the Mask of Creation. Last I checked it was kinda attached to someone's face, and considering the Toa are searching for it now...

Unless Artakha lost it and told the Toa to go look for it. But I doubt that.

We should call it the Reboat.

Wasn't Velika planning to blow up Artahka and co. when the serials stopped? Could be he succeeded in either wounding him badly enough that he couldn't prevent somebody taking the mask, or he outright killed him.

Since those stories never got wrapped up, I don't really view them as canon. On the off chance this is a continuation, I feel it'd be best to just drop the post-Spherus Magna reformation plotlines.

It seems a bit far fetched, but after Mata Nui reinhabits the Ignika and goes exploring, what if the different Toa teams jury rigged the Great Spirit Robot and tried to restore it or at the least hunt down the remaining Makuta? That could possibly lead into my theory that Okoto is one of the southern islands in the Great Spirit Robot...

Yeah, my continuation boat has slowly been sinking. I'm seriously considering jumping ship.

Speaking of that, does anyone think any of the old matoran like macku, onepu, hafu, or any of the original matoran for that matter, Will make a return?

Speaking of that, does anyone think any of the old matoran like macku, onepu, hafu, or any of the original matoran for that matter, Will make a return?

Boy I hope so. I said a while back: CCBS Chronicler's Company? Yes please!

Maybe next year...

Edited by Kalhiki

Fire Protector's mask is pretty much Jaller's Arthron. Watch as the all Protectors wear updated versions of the Mahri masks.

Hey, I can dream. But seriously, its resemblance, in shape and colours is so uncanny it has to be intentional.

I don't think of Matoran, Toa and Turaga as different age groups, but different social classes. Matoran are regular civilians, Toa are essentially superheroes, and Turaga are superheroes that became politicians.

that is likely the coolest thing ive ever heard

Screw that, in my world, jaller and hahli went at it, and created the new element of steam.

Thank you for that image. :sick:

And wait: THE MATORAN WERE ROBOTS?! I thought they were bio-mechanical, not Mata Nui-level robot!

Edited by LN-01354

It seems a bit far fetched, but after Mata Nui reinhabits the Ignika and goes exploring, what if the different Toa teams jury rigged the Great Spirit Robot and tried to restore it or at the least hunt down the remaining Makuta? That could possibly lead into my theory that Okoto is one of the southern islands in the Great Spirit Robot...

What remaining Makuta? Aside from Miserix and alt!Terry, they're all dead.

Thank you for that image. :sick:

And wait: THE MATORAN WERE ROBOTS?! I thought they were bio-mechanical, not Mata Nui-level robot!

They were something like 80% robotic.

nope, if there's one thing pseudointellectuals will pull out in any gender debate, it's that matoran can't reproduce. the only way to bring new matoran into being was some technology in the MU that Turaga had access to, and I think it was confirmed to be destroyed.

Remember the Red Star? I think the issue is that old, dead Matoran can't be teleported back once rebuilt.

The Matoran were biomechanical, but functionally they're robots.

I don't think of Matoran, Toa and Turaga as different age groups, but different social classes. Matoran are regular civilians, Toa are essentially superheroes, and Turaga are superheroes that became politicians.

I see Matoran as Hobbits, more or less.

(If I were to have my way, though, Matoran would be able to build more Matoran using raw or recycled materials, and had a finite lifespan, while Toa and Turaga live indefinitely.)

Edited by CabooseBM

Remember the Red Star? I think the issue is that old, dead Matoran can't be teleported back once rebuilt.

They can't be teleported there now, either; it was only designed to teleport them from the GSR. Word of Greg.

Yup, the Red Star's chock full of revived dead characters. Basically, as long was they weren't disintegrated, if they died in the MU, they're on the Red Star. Lhikan lives! And ironically so does Hydraxon, which is going to make Dekar-Hydraxon a little awkward.

The Red Star was actually planned as one of those mysteries a good ways back, as far as I know. More recent plot developments make the whole thing a bit screwy (the aforementioned Dekar-Hydraxon), but it was always supposed to be what it is, in concept.

Really? I saw Greg say the Red Star wasn't a revival machine until he came up with the idea for the serial, I could have sworn.

Really? I saw Greg say the Red Star wasn't a revival machine until he came up with the idea for the serial, I could have sworn.

I hope not. The whole "Mata-Nui is a giant robot" thing, though outrageous, was well-planned; however, the Red Star being some revival site feels like a lazy way to "explain" things like Takanuva and Jaller's resurrections in the MoL movie.

Really, the Red Star could have just been a jetpack, and it would have been great. It's such a pity the serials created so many loose ends when tying up older ones.

I question the usefulness of a machine that is designed to revive dead characters, but only works with a sufficient body, when I dunno, 90% of the deaths in this series involve the body being utterly destroyed. Oh, and apparently, "Turned to goo inside your own armour" is enough to be repaired, yet Icarax's molecules can't be reassembled.

Yeah, it's a dumb plot point. Furthermore, if Hydraxon got restored by it, why not alt-Tuyet?

The Red Star was actually planned as one of those mysteries a good ways back, as far as I know. More recent plot developments make the whole thing a bit screwy (the aforementioned Dekar-Hydraxon), but it was always supposed to be what it is, in concept.

In that case, it's an old really crappy plot device.

Unrelatedly, the story serials are still mostly crap. =P

Honestly, reading back, most of the serials were really good. The last ones were just unnecessary, and being unfinished only tainted them further.

The 2007 ones are still the best, though. The fixed biweekly schedule worked wonders, and those were all rock solid.

I don't really remember much about them that I really liked that didn't comprise of "this character concept was cool". And the majority of that was, "Tren Krom is really neat for a forced cthulu reference."

I really did like Sahmad's Tale, though.

Edited by CabooseBM

Red Star as jetpack was planned the entire time, but I'm 99% certain Greg has said the revival aspect of it was all him at the eleventh hour.

Edited by Darth Vader