Well, they seem to be able to clamp to faces, and if there's one thing I know about things that clamp to faces in Bionicle, it's that they tend to have mind control properties.

That being said, I hope they don't; as the first villains in new Bionicle, I'd rather not have them just be Krana with legs.

To be honest, I have to say that I am a little disappointed in the lack of 'Matoran Words', a.k.a alien jargon. I could settle for things like Master Toa or Matoran Protectors (or whatever it is they are), but names like Skull Spiders is kinda dull, and I would have liked to see some made up name for them. However, I'm fairly confident that they can establish the mystery of 2001, especially if they are no longer in the MU.

Also is it just me or have none of the Matoran words ever had a plural form with an 's' on the end? It was always Toa and Visorak rather than Toas and Visoraks.

Well, they seem to be able to clamp to faces, and if there's one thing I know about things that clamp to faces in Bionicle, it's that they tend to have mind control properties.

That being said, I hope they don't; as the first villains in new Bionicle, I'd rather not have them just be Krana with legs.

Eh, it's likely because that was definitely a big part of the first three years of BIONICLE, which this seems to be emulating.

Personally, I really like the idea. Mask swapping is always fun, and since the spiders will attach, that gives you three different masks in one set. That's pretty neat, in my book.

Oh, no, my objection isn't to them clamping to faces; that part is totally cool. What I don't want is mind control; that's what would make them krana with legs.

The fact that they're masks at all means they'll clamp to faces for one reason or another, be it to mind control or to drain life force or something. The leg attatchment areas would make it quite easy to add extra head decals though....

What is the main antagonist for the new story?

The BIONICLE fanbase unknown guy in the shadows. Probably, like many others I really doubt that LOSS is all we're going to get for a villain with little bugs to do his bidding. Otherwise this is just a glorified of Brain Attack and IFB mixed together

you have a knack for asking questions no one could possible know the answer to XD.

anyway, for the time being at least, it's most likely the person whose eyes we saw of the initial colour display. I could be teridax, or someone else entirely.

I could be way off-base here, but the eyes on the display just look like the largest eyes on LoSS's terrible printed face to me.

you have a knack for asking questions no one could possible know the answer to XD.

anyway, for the time being at least, it's most likely the person whose eyes we saw of the initial colour display. I could be teridax, or someone else entirely.

Better not be Teridax. That's one thing from the old story that we don't need.

EDIT: Accidentally posted respone within the quote.

Fixed.

Edited by Jetrax99

*LEGO Board Meeting*

"We need new villains for the first wave of Bionicle!"

"How about a legion of spiiiiders!"

I kinda do hope that they go with the Puppeteer Parasite route again. Sure, we've seen it before with the Krana, but if we don't get that, then the villains are going to be seriously underwhelming for wave one. Having the ability to take over a few of the Toa woud mean that there were actually interesting fights to play out, and not just "Tahu steps on a bug" or "The Toa flail at the LOSS, who can barely fight back because he has no arms".

I'm looking at the images again, and it seems like the Spiiiiiders don't have the same style of connection as the MoCr. Either they're supposed to cling on to the head of the victim with their legs, which I can see happning, but not working very well, or they'll use the standard +rod attachment, and the new heads will have two connection points (Well, three technically, but eh), kinda like a BA head. Hoping for the latter.

As for the eyes on the stand, I can see a similarity between them and the LoSS, but there are some difference. The stand's eyes are more slanted and narrower, as well as being less rounded. There's also black space below the stand's eyes, whereas the LoSS' second pair are directly below the primary ones.

As for whether Teridax should return or not, it depends on what our actual main villain is. If he's going to be Teridax in all but name, then make him Teridax and be done with it.

Edited by Lord-Vorahk

The spiders definitely use the new attachment point; at some angles, you can clearly see the little clips pointing out.

I don't see how lacking arms should make LoSS a less formidable foe; the Visorak were hardly pushovers, and we don't even know what powers it has besides being a spider. Also, there are other things something clamped over your face could do that would be bad, such as draining life force.

Lord doesn't sound that feminine but could there be a change that LOSS is a female and rather the queen name was just dropped because of the latest enemy in construction being one? If these things act anyhting like insects it should be.

Edited by GK733

Given that the most major insect hive in old Bionicle took its orders from 2 humanoids, I think lego threw out the book on how they work a long time ago. Not that I mind this.

The Bahrag were hardly humanoids; they were far more saurian.

oh wait I just realized you meant the Visorak; I was thrown off by the use of the term "insect hive" since the Visorak have more in common with spiders than any insect.

Edited by Grima

I think he's talking about Roodaka and Sidorak. Though Visorak were far smarter than the Bohrok so R&S were the leaders because the Hive accepted them as such.

Something of interest is that the skull spider that comes with Pohatu has a stinger. Huh

It's supposed to be like a scorpion, since it's in the desert. I doubt it means anything story-wise.

Also, I don't mind the skull spiders, so long as, like others said, they have a MINOR ruler. I don't mean overruling leader, like Teridax, because of course they'll give us that type of character. I mean like Roodaka and Sidorak, Vezon, or someone else along those lines.

Now really, I think that the eyes on the display stand cannot be LOSS, since they're not cartoony and goofy. These definitely belong to the major antagonist. Speaking of which:

The BIONICLE fanbase unknown guy in the shadows.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :thumbup:

Edited by LN-01354

but names like Skull Spiders is kinda dull, and I would have liked to see some made up name for them. However, I'm fairly confident that they can establish the mystery of 2001, especially if they are no longer in the MU.

For the record, the original Bionicle had a lot of beasts/rahi/whatever with similar, simple names. Mostly in Bara Magna, though. Not saying it's good or bad, just that it's nothing new. (personally, I like the crazy, made up names).

It's supposed to be like a scorpion, since it's in the desert. I doubt it means anything story-wise.

Still, it is weird to see. They're called spiders, and last I checked scorpions aren't spiders (though, both are arachnids if I'm not mistaken). I guess there are just different breeds of them?

What is the main antagonist for the new story?

Zhodopasik Edited by Chro

Still, it is weird to see. They're called spiders, and last I checked scorpions aren't spiders (though, both are arachnids if I'm not mistaken). I guess there are just different breeds of them?

Like I said, it probably has no story significance. This is just a fun design thing to say "Look, he's in the desert, and he's fighting a scorpion!" It's not going to be like, "The stinger skull spider is a poisonous and radioactively-charged skull spider. One touch means certain death."

BIONICLE fans are like Star Wars fans: we look WAY too deep into every little detail. Sometimes, it's a good thing, but this is just......ridiculous.

Zhodopasik

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Like I said, it probably has no story significance. This is just a fun design thing to say "Look, he's in the desert, and he's fighting a scorpion!" It's not going to be like, "The stinger skull spider is a poisonous and radioactively-charged skull spider. One touch means certain death."

"Beware my stinger tail!"

Zhodopasik

0f73e41f790e.jpg

By the way, if those things are going to be like Krana,am I the only one hoping to see some precious special edition based on them ?

Edited by Frozen Assasin

By the way, if those things are going to be like Krana,am I the only one hoping to see some precious special edition based on them ?

Not at all. Seeing some solid gold or white metal Skull Spiders would be great, probably even better than Krana. These SS masks look like they can pass for real villain masks, real tribal masks, while Krana were too small and didn't look quite right.

That... was an interesting argument while I was gone. I hope not to take part in any again in the future.

Anyway, I came up with a REALLY interesting way to have the new story go. I call it a midquel. So we all know that the Toa Mata/Nuva were on random missions at the same time that the Toa Inika/Mahri stuff was going on... am I right? What if this took place on a random island that we've never heard of (Okoto, apparently) in the Matoran Universe at the same time. One that Matoran don't live on (Protectors instead). Just a theory, and I highly doubt it, but it sure is cool to think about.

And, just over a week more of speculation until we know a LOT more!

Edited by Puffle Pal26

That... was an interesting argument while I was gone. I hope not to take part in any again in the future.

Anyway, I came up with a REALLY interesting way to have the new story go. I call it a midquel. So we all know that the Toa Mata/Nuva were on random missions at the same time that the Toa Inika/Mahri stuff was going on... am I right? What if this took place on a random island (Okoto, apparently) in the Matoran Universe at the same time. One that Matoran didn't live on (Protectors instead). Just a theory.

That would make sense... Didn't they have the Adaptive Armor then too, hence the Mata appearence?

But I don't see that happening.