daddbff93570c5e8830a8b8cbbc32734.png

Its translation (only the plot part):In the new series of Bionicle,the Great Creator and Scientist, Artakha is calling upon Six Element Lords in order to search for the Mask of Creation in the ruins of the Matoran Universe. But the Heroes face a great treat in the form of Skull Spiders and their master-The Lord of Skull Spiders,behind whom stands an even more awesome enemy-Zhodopasik. They will release 3 books over the course of the year,a multi-episode on the tv channels Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network. They also plan to release an game for PS4,PC and Xbox ONE.

Seems legit. I think that Zhodopasik might be released in the summer wave or as an exclusive. Maybe he's an creation of Karzahni?

A BIONICLE game... and it'll be on the PC? Finally! Hope that the use of the masks and elements makes more sense this time around and offers more freedom than in BIONICLE Heroes (which, though still fun, wasn't really good at representing the real characters and/or their abilities).

I'll ignore the story bits for now, though I must say I like where it seems to be going so long as the villain lives up to the potential he now has...

Edited by BFN

Not sure if I believe it... but damn that sounds like a continuation. Bad form, LEGO.

I think it's cool that they do an continuation. I'm personally more excited for the books.

I am so pumped right now, I wouldn't believe it was actually something this good. Oh my God.

I really hope ZHODOPASIK however is just bad translation.

Hmm, not sure whether to believe this myself, either. I've never been in the camp that keeping the same continuity is impossible (the Legend of Zelda games provide a good example of how you can do a continuation without the new stories being dependent on those that came before), but it is risky without a doubt. And the more I hear from old fans about WHY they want a continuation, the smaller and less realistic the potential rewards of a continuation start to seem.

If the LEGO Group thinks they can manage one without alienating new fans, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. But it's an ambitious task for sure, and one that I'm not sure can ever measure up to what so many people expect from a continuation.

A PS4 game? Sweet! :tongue:

I definitely have a PS4!

Edit 2: Don't know if there is the code for the smiley with hearts?

Edited by Chimaninja454

I do hope it isn't a continuation.

I'd rather see a fresh, new story with the old characters than having it limited to depend on past lore.

Of course, I never followed the 2010 serials in any great detail.

just2good said he should have the rest of the Bionicle pics later in the week.

Yep, crossing my fingers on getting 'em.

This

Someone on Reddit is taking photos of the catalogue, so we should see glimpse of Finalized Onua, defenders and combiners. at least.

Yeah, heard about this. Can't wait for those! :drool:

A continuation? Color me intrigued! Of course, we should wait for further information, but if this is true, I both love and hate the idea. I can't wait to see what will happen, but at the same time, it better not alienate new fans.

Zhodopasik ? Really ? That sounds silly. I'm reaaaally skeptical about this, to be honest...

Edited by Leewan

Zhodopasik ? Really ? That sounds silly. I'm a bit skeptical about this, to be honest...

Yeah, at that point, you may as well name your character Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

If it's true, I trust that Lego can pull it off well. I mean, look at Star Trek: The Next Generation. It had to deal with most of the lore from the Original Series, and it managed to not be restricted, but to even exceed the original in story quality (in my opinion). I realize this is an inexact comparison, since most characters were not the same, but there was in fact some overlap--Kirk, Spock, as McCoy all appeared in TNG, and it was done in a way that would make sense for those who hadn't seen TOS, but it was a treat for those who had. I feel like, if done well, Bionicle 2015 could be similar.

Kinda sounds prequelish to me; I can't remember the story details exactly, but what were the Toa Mata doing before they came to Mata Nui? Wasn't there a plot point where they recovered from their amnesia?

Kinda sounds prequelish to me; I can't remember the story details exactly, but what were the Toa Mata doing before they came to Mata Nui? Wasn't there a plot point where they recovered from their amnesia?

Between when they were made and when they were sealed away in their canisters, to Toa Mata were first training with Arthaka and his Hand (with members such as Axonn and Helryx). Later on they went to protect the Av-Matoran working in Karda Nui. If this is true, then it's a sequel to the original series and not a prequel (as it takes place after the Matoran Universe is destroyed).

Zhodopasik ? Really ? That sounds silly. I'm reaaaally skeptical about this, to be honest...

Why not ? We had Lariska and Lessovik,and those sound quite similar.

Well the tale of the Mata went like this: Artakha created them and they were sent to defend matoran on Karda Nui, they fought their battles and were put asleep. Takua accidentally triggered mechanism that sent the Toa to Mata Nui (was Metru Nui their original destination?) and the story went on from that.

Honestly that email doesn't really look legit to me. First of all, where does it come from? Also makes you wonder why the email would say LEGO with Latin letters in every single part of the email except for the email body and two links in the bottom (where there is actually another one with Latin letters). It's not at all like LEGO. I'm going to be careful, but my impression is it's a fake, constructed from an authentic header and a fake body.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

Honestly that email doesn't really look legit to me. First of all, where does it come from? Also makes you wonder why the email would say LEGO with Latin letters in every single part of the email except for the email body and two links in the bottom (where one of them actually is written in Latin letters). I'm going to be careful, but my impression is it's a fake, constructed from an authentic header and a fake body.

-Gata signoff.png

From an official russian site.

BTW: Zhodopasik was a fake name ? Would 've never guessed that.

From an official russian site.

BTW: Zhodopasik was a fake name ? Would 've never guessed that.

Official? I find that very doubtful. Which site?

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

That picture is legit. That website (exoforce.ru) is the same one that leaked the set list in Russian back in July-August...

Funny. Just when everyone thinks it's going to be a reboot this comes along and confuses everyone. The Artahka & Element Lords wouldn't normally mean anything significant in pointing towards a continuation, but the RUINS of the MATORAN UNIVERSE??? Unless this website has been misinformed, the likelihood of a continuation just spiked up from 10% to 80%. :wacko:

EDIT: Whoops. Looks like this is probably a fake image of a legit site... :hmpf: Apparently Zhodopasik is a fake name seen before a while back... :sceptic:

Edited by SuperGeniusCreator