I generally like the designs, I guess, but I'll admit I'm still not used to the CCBS as a whole, so I dunno if I'll like them. I'll get Kopaka and Pohatu to start with and see how I like them.

Kopaka and Lewa are definitely my first targets. After that probably Gali, Tahu or LOSS. Maybe some of the cooler-looking Protectors like the Jungle and Earth ones. Then, catch 'em all over the course of the year.

I'm not seeing a wide variety of eye colors which is worrying. if the glow is accurate to their final colors, four of them will have yellow eyes, and two of them will have blue.

Gah... is it just me, or does Kopaka have nipples? Still looks awesome, but I mean, LEGO, come on...

All in all, though, these look pretty good. I love the new legpieces for the Spiders, Gali's double-feature weapon is awesome... All-in-all, the best Constraction sets I've seen in quite a while.

I'm not seeing a wide variety of eye colors which is worrying. if the glow is accurate to their final colors, four of them will have yellow eyes, and two of them will have blue.

I won't complain as long as they're fluorescent. To be honest I kind of like color-coded eyes for heroes and villains, particularly if they can be kept consistent. The BIONICLE movies used red or blue eyes for most of the heroes and green eyes for most of the villains and I think it was very effective. And I actually thought the color-coded eyes of the 2006, 2008, and 2010 sets — much better than the Toa Mahri, who used the same eye colors from those years but without any kind of rhyme or reason, or the Barraki, whose eyes didn't follow any kind of rules, weren't designed to be backlit, and weren't even fluorescent.

Gah... is it just me, or does Kopaka have nipples? Still looks awesome, but I mean, LEGO, come on...

:laugh: oh my gosh, he has bionipples! That cant be unseen... Edited by arc

Bleh, used to like Bionicle when I was younger but today it seems that it ain't my cup of tea. Oh well :)

The thing that really upsets me is the color switch of Tahu's hands. Black was way better.

But... his hands were never black... unless you mean the fingers of his left hand as a Toa Mata.

I think silver hands and feet work just fine for him, myself. I'm really disappointed about his piece count, though. That's quite low for what is supposed to be a $20 set (though admittedly better than Stormer XL, who had the same piece count for $25).

Pohatu is made of love, he has a really interesting weapon. I just wish the boomerangs werent solidly added to th hands, and instead we could throw them with the technic function

I am not completely sure about Tahu's new mask, the shape changed completely. also makes him look...younger? (and he gained a big jaw too)

Gali's mask looks really unflattering from that perspective. the golden one does give it a better look

All in all, though, these look pretty good. I love the new legpieces for the Spiders, Gali's double-feature weapon is awesome... All-in-all, the best Constraction sets I've seen in quite a while.

Kopaka's so manly he's barechest.

Edited by Toa of Gallifrey

so... anyone tell how Gali's shoulder pads are attatched with this new picture? cos I still haven't a clue.

Also, I hope we end up with a wide range of eye colours. That was the main disappointment for me about the phantoka, and brain attack.

Also, Kahliki, could we have some art of Tahu pigging out on cookies pwease? :blush: Taster to jungle may be too majestic to top, but it's worth a shot right?!

Edited by Timeline15

In the defense of the Hau, I think the bottom-up perspective the gold version is shown from makes it look a lot fatter and squashed than it might really be. The red Hau worn by Tahu doesn't look that bad, it looks narrower and taller...it's an odd Hau Mata/Hau Nuva/Arthron combination. Pretty cool all things considered.

Anyway, the other mask designs look fantastic. They really nailed down the Miru (the smile! I can see it!), the Kakama and the Akaku. Gali's looks a lot better than the prototype: it indeed looks like the movie!Kaukau Nuva, it has nothing to do with the Mata mask though.. anyway, I think I like it. I hope the Pakari looks ok.

The Skull Spiders look cool as usual, I really like the new legs/claws. Not that surprised to see a Skull Scorpion, I knew they'd do something like that the moment I saw a fifth clip bar on top. LoSS still looks boring, but I do really have to get my hands on his head/chest piece.

Lastly, the print art looks beautiful! While not the tribal style I predicted, it does still have an ancient feeling, coupled with something alien. You know about those movies that fuse ancient cultures with sci-fi? Kinda like Stargate? Yeah, the Toa chests remind me of those. And what's with Kopaka's leg printing? WAY COOL. They're like alien robots covered in hieroglyphics. I love it!

448.jpg

It's... so beautiful!

Tahu: So. Damn. Hyped. Not going to lie, I like the new Hau more than the prototype. The prototype was the classic Hau with a mouth. This one feels like a Mask in its own right, and fits in better with the other new Kanohi. We've already got the Hau in red and in gold, twice over do we really need them again? This is Lego, it won't be hard to mod the set to use those parts.

Pohatu: Love him. Looks like the arms can easily be swapped so that he has grey upper limbs and yellow lower ones on all four. Weapons look nice, we have trans yellow, and the best mask of the bunch.

Gali: Looks nice. The Kaukau really is better every time I see it. Okay, she's not "feminine", but unlike, say, Hahli Inika, Gali Mistika, or Breez 2.0, I don't have any trouble accepting that she's a girl.

Kopaka: Legs need work, but he has printed thighs! All in all, I think he looks kinda like a paladin, with the heavy armour, the lance, and the shield. A pretty solid set nonetheless.

LOSS: Not going to lie... I'm not impressed. I'm not a technic builder, so trans technic has no pull for me. The face is still goofy, and ultimately... he's a parts pack, nothing more. He'd contribute nicely to a CCBS Teridax.

Lewa: Not sure about his mask, but his body design is very nice. And he has Keetorange shells. Not sure if those alone justify a purchase, though.

so... anyone tell how Gali's shoulder pads are attatched with this new picture? cos I still haven't a clue.

Also, I hope we end up with a wide range of eye colours. That was the main disappointment for me about the phantoka, and brain attack.

Also, Kahliki, could we have some art of Tahu pigging out on cookies pwease? :blush:

just like p much lewa and kopaka, her shoulderpads are connected from the balls of the CCBS skeleton, that are left unused thanks to the technic gear function

Anyway, the other mask designs look fantastic. They really nailed down the Miru (the smile! I can see it!), the Kakama and the Akaku. Gali's looks a lot better than the prototype: it indeed looks like the movie!Kaukau Nuva, it has nothing to do with the Mata mask though.

On the gold one I see an obvious "rim" around the eyes that echoes the shape of the original Kaukau's scuba visor. Gali's new mask might be my favorite Kaukau to date, definitely better than either version of the Kaukau Nuva that we got in sets.

I noticed there is giant spider like creature on some of the backgrounds, Tahu, Pohatu, Kopaka at least. So it could very well be that LOSS ain't that special.

I won't complain as long as they're fluorescent. To be honest I kind of like color-coded eyes for heroes and villains, particularly if they can be kept consistent. The BIONICLE movies used red or blue eyes for most of the heroes and green eyes for most of the villains and I think it was very effective. And I actually thought the color-coded eyes of the 2006, 2008, and 2010 sets — much better than the Toa Mahri, who used the same eye colors from those years but without any kind of rhyme or reason, or the Barraki, whose eyes didn't follow any kind of rules, weren't designed to be backlit, and weren't even fluorescent.

I prefer personalized eye colors, like 01-05. I like more variety than "these eyes mean good, these eyes mean evil". And, as I said, in 2008, that was compounded with terrible color schemes. That was a terrible year for colors.

also I could be looking at the picture wrong (I hope to god I'm looking at the picture wrong) but who's ready for terrible arm proportions again

that's not actually supposed to be a guess at the gearbox, i just wanted the shoulder to be the right height

also I could be looking at the picture wrong (I hope to god I'm looking at the picture wrong) but who's ready for terrible arm proportions again

Looks to me like his arms are just 5M or 6M, which isn't that bad. Even if they were how you've depicted them, they don't dangle any lower than the original Toa Nuva arms tended to (though perhaps you're referring to the elbow placement).