I'm thinking they might do a teaser video before the official unveling at NYCC. When's that, again?

October 9-12

Then yeah I think there might be another teaser on Oct. 3 and then the full unveil at NYCC.

Why October 3rd?

-Gata signoff.png

You have to keep in mind that LEGO designers come from all over the world and do not always speak English as a first language, so typos can be frequent, especially in things like concept images that are not designed for the general public to see.

Either that, or "Mask Macker" is a nickname of the guy doing these concept images. *shrug*

I waited all week for.....the MoCr AGAIN?! At this point, I'm sick of seeing it. I want to see the Masters, or the builds, or the heads, or SOMETHING other than the same mask.

But dude. Concept art is best art.

I agree, it'd be nice to see some official set pictures, but sometimes it's nice to see a behind-the-scenes/making-of. Especially considering we oftentimes don't get concept art.

Also, I'm getting a very Transformers-y vibe from some the images. Amazing how much detail they stuff into them and how much they trim down.

Wow, these are pretty. It's good to see how much effort is going into the design of this stuff.

Also, it looks like we are getting a new head mold with a brain/eye piece. I can't see any other reason why the back of the head would be so elongated, other than perhaps to look similar to the older heads.

An interesting thing to note is that the mask seems to rest form-fittingly onto the head (which explains how weirdly smooth it is inside). In other words, it cannot swing.

In other other words, there's no reason to give it much friction at all.

Some shakier, more speculative observations

• that groove in the mouth area again makes me think we're definitely looking at a reimagining of the 2001 faces
  • the little mask nubs look like they rest too high up on this head to properly align with the axle holes on previous heads; they look like they're half a studs width higher, roundabout. if this head is the same height as BA/Glatorian heads, it would be impossible to attach it at all. it might be completely backwards incompatible altogether.

LOoks very nice.

I probably won't see a 3/10/14 reveal, though. Smash Brothers 3DS drops then, so if my preorder arrives on time, I'll be a tad busy.

Next to lego logo reads "technic"... why?

Let's not forget the sweet TECHNIC logo on the left top of the sheets.

BIONICLE is really back.

Damn you...

Edited by GK733

the little mask nubs look like they rest too high up on this head to properly align with the axle holes on previous heads; they look like they're half a studs width higher, roundabout. if this head is the same height as BA/Glatorian heads, it would be impossible to attach it at all. it might be completely backwards incompatible altogether.

yeah, I'm starting to think these new masks only connect to these new heads. I'd be glad to be proven wrong though.

BIONICLE is really back.

Amen. :classic:

Maybe Kanohi (or Mask if they're trying to retcon terms like Kanohi, which is an impression I got from it saying Mask) Macker is its name? Upon seeing it I first thought it was a typo, then I thought it was weird but now I think it's really cool.

That would be silly.

KANOHI VAHI.

KANOHI IGNIKA.

KANOHI MACKER.

Concept art is what I least expected for today. But, it's probably the best to reveal! Looks very beautiful...

BIONICLE is really back.

Wow, we are REALLY going back to the 2001 vibe.

Edited by Puffle Pal26

I'm really liking of the MOCr concepts; they remind me of the Dwemer architecture and Animunculi concept art for Morrowind and Skyrim.

Haha, I also thought of the Dwemer's style when I saw it.

It's nice to see some concept arts. It's interesting to note that some of them are from January and March.

Is it bad that the most interesting thing about all of this for me is the TECHNIC logo? :P

Then again, I suppose it isn't surprising they'd return to their roots a little (if even in concept art only) considering the return of functions.

Is it bad that the most interesting thing about all of this for me is the TECHNIC logo? :P

Nope, it's great for me too! This and the technic build on LoSS, I see bright future for the new bionicle.

Made me think of Sauron when I saw the pics.

I know zero about bionicle,, is it just action figures?

mostly, but there are some vehicles and larger figures. Edited by arc