I'm not too bothered about the clip connection, I've wanted masks without stud or axle connection like the Inika masks, just with heads that were better designed. Just kinda sad it's not backwards compatible with the Metru heads, but I didn't think any of the masks would be compatible with them so I'm not too bothered about that either.

LEGO cheerfully gave us an ambiguous description of the year(s?) Maskguffin, the mysterious and apparently magical Mask of Life Creation.

In other news, we've been trying to figure out how the gearboxes are going to function and I'm trying to stir up interest in both BIOctober and in the idea of creating an online (3D, not 2D) MMOG.

Thanks for catching me up! Also, I think that I deserve credit for Bioctober......when someone proposed Bionicle Shiptember a few weeks back, I said that I wanted "Bioctober" to come. Just saying...... :sceptic::classic:

At least we have new heads, that attach like a mask in real life.

And wait: people said that the Mask of Creation would mean continuation......NOOO! I solde my entire collection** a few months back, and now EVERY CHARACTER will still be related to the story? Ugh....

So.....when did Tahu and the others switch from Technic to CCBS? And for that matter, how?!

**(except for Kongu Inika, two Bohrok, Vakama Metru, Zaktan, and Thok)

Edited by LN-01354

Still unknown as to whether or not it's a reboot, but I find it highly unlikely that it's a continuation. They have way more to gain by rebooting.

If it IS a continuation, I doubt the change in building style would be acknowledged in the story... that was just a fun in-joke for Hero Factory.

^With HF it made sense, since they were robots. But living people......would Technic to CCBS be like plastic surgery. (Literally :grin: )

I don't know much about Bionicle post-Mata Nui, but people said that the mask of Creation played a role then. I am all for a reboot, but I think continuation is looking likely....

Still unknown as to whether or not it's a reboot, but I find it highly unlikely that it's a continuation. They have way more to gain by rebooting.

If it IS a continuation, I doubt the change in building style would be acknowledged in the story... that was just a fun in-joke for Hero Factory.

Great Beings most likely crafted new bodies/components for them to rebuild themselves with.

Also, count me in for an MMO.

Well, the Toa looking different can be easily explained by them still wearing the Adaptive Armor. The protectors and LOSS, as far as we know, are new entites, so explanation of why they look different isn't really required.

Having stared intently at the leaked pics - I'd wager that all the Toa have gears. Tahu clearly seems to have some back technic going on. I'd imagine it was similar for Kopaka but we don't have a good angle.

Interestingly, I also spy some technic on the smaller Toa - i.e. Lewa. Look between he left arm and shoulder- it seems some small gears are there. Now, if I am corect in seeing this, I reckon there will be action gears in place which will move the arms up and down, while also having the same range of motion as a non technic action figure.

If Lego have managed to successfully combine the two, then this really could be an exciting new development, and possibly the biggest change since the new building system.

Also guys, hey haven't been here in ages. BIONICLE OMG

Edited by The Crazy One

Having stared intently at the leaked pics - I'd wager that all the Toa have gears. Tahu clearly seems to have some back technic going on. I'd imagine it was similar for Kopaka but we don't have a good angle.

Interestingly, I also spy some technic on the smaller Toa - i.e. Lewa. Look between he left arm and shoulder- it seems some small gears are there. Now, if I am corect in seeing this, I reckon there will be action gears in place which will move the arms up and down, while also having the same range of motion as a non technic action figure.

If Lego have managed to successfully combine the two, then this really could be an exciting new development, and possibly the biggest change since the new building system.

Also guys, hey haven't been here in ages. BIONICLE OMG

You're waaaaay behind mate, we've already been replicating those :tongue:

Also, count me in for an MMO.

Will do. :classic:

Although any progress with be a long time and large member pool down the road. I can model in Blender, but I'm not even really qualified at beginner level in Unity. Not to mention music, animations, coding...

I just joined. :classic:

Although I think it would be wise to give BIOoctober it's own topic here on eurobricks. (So we can also avoid cluttering this one)

Great!

And yes, the topic has been made.

You're waaaaay behind mate, we've already been replicating those :tongue:

Thought I may have been. I only saw people talking about Onua before this post exploded so got excited that it was my thing haha. You could have pretended I found it first :(

I'm kinda starting to think that maybe the nostalgia pandering might not be a good idea.

Certainly better to pander to the years that sold well than those that sold less well, methinks.

Is it really pandering? They're not specifically targeting the previous demographic, they're after new kids with a similar experience that older fans happened to receive.

Edit: This is too good not to pass up

Nothing clickable, but damn it's looking fine.

Edited by Dorek

The horns on top of it...

The five are in the same position as those five pillars from the Glatorian media.

Like these, but the picture I'm thinking of only had five:

250px-CGI_Arena_Magna.png

GA_Loading_Screen.png

Edited by Lind Whisperer

No...No...it couldn't be...NO...

Look at the horns/spikes on Bfahome's picture. Then look at this.

250px-CGI_Arena_Magna.png

This theme wouldn't happen to be revolving around reviving a giant spirit, would it? And the mask wouldn't happen to be shaped like the giant spirit's head?

Because we know they've never done anything like that before...

And in one swift moment of lucidity, I have either just figured out the entire "secret" plot-line for Bionicle, or found the most ridiculously identical coincidence.

Arena_Magna.png

No, definitely no giant robot hiding behind there with their head sticking out. Nope.

Right?

I don't think the mask has anything to do with the glatorian arena, a coincidence, methinks. but An interesting analogy nonetheless.