That translation.

"Gali Master of What"

And who could forget the beautiful translation "Bionicle Headdresses of the Water"? :P Or the most amazing of them all "Bionicle Mr. d. Totenkopfspi" XD

Edited by Kamen Rider Kiva

I totally just noticed that Kopaka not only uses trans-blue (sweet!), but he also uses a Guuhrahk Staff-End as a spear. Look by his torso.

So, does that mean......The return of ORIGINAL BIONICLE PIECES?!?!? *oh2*

WELL...

The Guurahk staff is more recent than most BIONICLE pieces, having last appeared in the Rahkshi Stars. It doesn't surprise me too much that it would reappear; unfortunately, I doubt many more will.

^^True enough. Well, I am in deep waters now, since I stopped buying Hero Factory after 2.0; even then, I only bought 3 characters with CCBS.....and sold two of them, leaving only Stormer 2.0 for CCBS. Well, at least Kopaka will get some extra white.

^Grima, I thought that was funny. But I suggest that, before you get in trouble for posting irrelevant or fake photos, that you take it of. I am not trying to sound like a moderator, nor am I trying to take the place of one; this is just friendly advice.

Edited by LN-01354

So these Guurahk staff tips on everything, that's a placeholder for sure, right? I mean it's a fantastic piece, but not singly worthy of resurrection amid the pantheon of bionicle elements. (I refreshed the thread and saw that LN-somenumbers just caught it. LN-somenumbers: there's one on Pohatu's back too.)

Kinda cool to see the gearboxes (turning at the shoulder-ball level?), hope a lock feature is implemented in the design out the box, but I'm sure it can be modded with little effort in any case. Wanna see what these bones end up looking like..

I love Gali's weapon, but not her face... as Gali. I think it looks better as a new mask than some of the old mask recreations.

I think it's odd to see so many elbows and knees with non motion-confining joints, kinda don't like it.

EDIT:

As I typed the parentheses in that first statement 20 minutes ago, you can see why I usually decide "eurobricks doesn't need my two cents" and pass on commenting. I take a long time fiddling with tiny posts!

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

So these Guurahk staff tips on everything, that's a placeholder for sure, right? I mean it's a fantastic piece, but not singly worthy of resurrection amid the pantheon of bionicle elements. (I refreshed the thread and saw that LN-somenumbers just caught it. LN-somenumbers: there's one on Pohatu's back too.)

Considering they're also in the more final images on the display stand, no, I don't think they're placeholders.

^Grima, I thought that was funny. But I suggest that, before you get in trouble for posting irrelevant or fake photos, that you take it of. I am not trying to sound like a moderator, nor am I trying to take the place of one; this is just friendly advice.

That's not an attempt at tricking people (even if it did confuse you) - it's clearly a joke. He posted an image of a commonly known knockoff set, Sea Star by Blocko. ;) Edited by Chro

>meant that to be found

>posted it on Google+

those two things don't add up

jk I just had to make that joke

Well making it obscure would make finding it all the more interesting, imo :laugh:

I may be completely mistaken in assuming this as I don't really have any evidence to suggest this is the case, but it seems plausible to me that this is a spur-of-the-moment announcement by Lego in response to the recent leaks, and the intended (and full) announcement would still take place at Comic Con. It would explain the sudden, out of nowhere appearance of this announcement and the somewhat convenient timing of it taking place right after set leaks.

So yeah, quite similar to what Timeline said. Picture this hypothetical scenario:

Friday: Announcement of theme's return, one HQ finalized picture, "more details soon..."

NYCC: Full unveiling of entire wave (or, at least, all of the Toa), story and media (TV show) details.

The fact that they're making a big deal about this reveal/unveil shows me that perhaps they may have put in quite a bit of effort into this "rebirth" of a beloved series

The fact that they're making a big deal about this reveal/unveil shows me that perhaps they may have put in quite a bit of effort into this "rebirth" of a beloved series

Nor was I implying otherwise! From all indications, BIONICLE 2015 is going to have quite a lot of effort put forth towards making it a success. I was merely stating it's possible that the original reveal for the theme was to be a grand unveiling at NYCC, but since the leaks have somewhat ruined that, Lego may have decided to formally announce the line's return ahead of time while the sets are being discussed to a large degree.

That's Captain LN.01354/10.000 to you, sir! :classic:

And I don't think that TLG will announce the return this early; they will still try to keep the secret. (How did they keep the Mata Nui-plan a secret, yet this can't be kept from peering eyes?)

And also, I knew that the Knockoff photo was meant as a joke; I just remembered that time when someone referred to Omega Tahu, and everyone got crazy. I just tried to help. :sceptic:

So are we using Omega [blank] to refer to the new Toa? Cause I'd be fine with that.

I wish Omega Pohatu didn't have as much silver, and a bit more brown.

Edited by Aedai Rivin

Pohatu’s new mask is nice and round. Which is going to work great when I make the rest of him nice and round.

Edited by CabooseBM

So, here's my list of Toa in order of favorites

Toa:

Kopaka (just looks awesome, a few more improvements and he's perfect)

Tahu (Also really cool, but needs better weapons)

Gali (disregarding the mask issue, she looks pretty cool)

Pohatu (needs more pieces, boomerangs are neat though)

Lewa (needs a more faithful mask, otherwise decent)

Onua (can't really tell what's going on, but so far it looks meh to me, hope they make numerous changes to the final release)

With a few general improvements, I think these guys can be amazing.

^^^We weren't. I was referring to someone else referring to a fake photo in 2009.

Also, just thought this would be fun to share: when you translate the German store page, Lord of Skull Spiders becomes Mr. D. Totenkopfspi. THAT needs to be his name. :laugh: Also, call me crazy, but I actually like Onua: Champion of the Earth.

My list of favs (in terms of design, not character):

1) Kopaka: I love that color scheme! And the gold actually works out!

2) Tahu: Beautiful colors, and I love his lavaboard.

3) Lewa: I love green, and I love his new Kanohi.

4) Gali: Nice colors, and I like the mask; just too simple.

5) Pohatu: Nice, but he has NO TAN!!!

6) Onua: "Hey, look, it's a rock! Oh no, wait; it's Onua" He looks like a lump of coal.

So are we using Omega [blank] to refer to the new Toa? Cause I'd be fine with that.

I wish Omega Pohatu didn't have as much silver, and a bit more brown.

I'd rather not, since that term came out of nowhere and will make it that much harder for other, more official terms to catch on when we get them.

Edit: Also, I totally expect Onua to look exactly as he does now but people will have a total change of heart and start loving him once the sets actually come out. I've seen it before, and I'll see it again. Some things don't change.

Edited by Dorek

I'd rather not, since that term came out of nowhere and will make it that much harder for other, more official terms to catch on when we get them.

Edit: Also, I totally expect Onua to look exactly as he does now but people will have a total change of heart and start loving him once the sets actually come out. I've seen it before, and I'll see it again. Some things don't change.

1. "Omega" was actually a TTV joke that spiraled out of control quite fast. XD

2. For what it's worth, placing my statements here now: Onua is my favorite Toa out of the bunch.

And who could forget the beautiful translation "Bionicle Headdresses of the Water"? :P Or the most amazing of them all "Bionicle Mr. d. Totenkopfspi" XD

and dont forget "Bionicle Onua Champion of the Earth"

Toa:

Lewa/ Really Dissapointed with Mask. Colors are odd./ Scale of 1-10:6

Kopaka/ Love the Akaku. Love Everything else too./ Scale of 1-10:9

Tahu/ Love his Hau. Swords aren't very good. Love the lava surf boards./ Scale of 1-10:8.5

Gali/Mask wouldn't be bad if she were Male... Everything else is decent/ Scale of 1-10:7.5

Pohatu/Mask is good (it looked weird from stand picture ) Body had too much silver and not enough brown./ Scale of 1-10:8

Onua/ I actually love how bulky he is. If he is the strongest toa he should have the muscle to back it up! He looks a tad bit evil, though./ Scale of 1-10:8

Edited by ToaofPlasma

1. "Omega" was actually a TTV joke that spiraled out of control quite fast. XD

2. For what it's worth, placing my statements here now: Onua is my favorite Toa out of the bunch.

#clubonua

Also, I notice that all of the Defenders (except for Stone...) have a second skull spider included on the package image, though slightly obscured. Does the piece count back this up, or is it just imagery?