Oh man.

The Earth Protector has a Gatling Gun chest.

Also, yeah they're preliminary, but worth mentioning: Mask of Life on the top corner.

Probably just a placeholder for the new mask, but yes, there is a possibility, and if it does it kinda confirms continuation, but Ignika being anything more than a placeholder is very unlikely.

Also, why did they remodel Guurahk's harpoon... might just be a palceholder.

Kopaka looks like a real bad megablocks as tahu and onua.

It's sad to say this but I find Gali the worst, random spikes on feet and not a resemleance enough to the old kaukau.

Edited by GK733

Oh man.

The Earth Protector has a Gatling Gun chest.

Also, yeah they're preliminary, but worth mentioning: Mask of Life on the top corner.

And I think there's a Bohrok nest behind Fire Defender/Protector

Edited by Phantoka_Chirox

You guys think all the Toa will come with a gold mask too? Or just Lewa and Tahu?

Why must the stamp cover Onua's face? :cry_sad:

I'm more hyped than ever! :cry_happy:

I'm pretty sure that's a nest of Skull Spiders, though. :/

I thought it was a new Ta Koro?

Better question: What's the giant tower behind Lewa?

weird thing is, these actually look more fake than the first pics. I know that's because they're thrown together to show to officials, but still, can that Ignika be a placeholder? More in depth thoughts once I've had a good look.

You guys think all the Toa will come with a gold mask too? Or just Lewa and Tahu?

Why must the stamp cover Onua's face? :cry_sad:

I'm more hyped than ever! :cry_happy:

Well they are the only in the colored sets so it could mean they are added with a background.

I thought it was a new Ta Koro?

Better question: What's the giant tower behind Lewa?

There appear to be two, one taller (or just nearer) on the left side and one smaller on the right.

andshgdjhrj haj AAAAAAH! *head explodes*

I love them! Kopaka in particular stands out to me. His weapons have Technic pin holes! That's something I missed in a lot of HF weapons. LoSS looks fantastic too! I like that it's not very realistic but that's just me with my arachnophobia. The Protector's masks are really nice, they remind me of Jaller Mahri's Mask of Sonar (forgot the name). Gali's mask is the only thing I don't like. It looks like an Avsa.

Also, why did they remodel Guurahk's harpoon... might just be a palceholder.

And why the hell does Pohatu have one sticking out of his back?

Check out Onua's sledge weapon, that is some downright inspired parts usage right there.

Yeah, definitely - there's even a Ben 10 foot on the back of it, I think.

They're totally going to use Onua's shoulderguard/hammer-half piece as the mouth of something at some point... what with the tooth-like interlocking edges and all.

Also, keetorange confirmed for jungle color scheme.

Edited by Chro

The six Toa look somewhat nice. Though each of them is going to require extensive modding. I might get rid of the gold armor on Tahu, Kopaka and Onua or use my extra gold pieces to give Lewa Gali and Pohatu gold armor.

Lewa is back to Master of Jungle though that could change with the finalized packaging.

Still getting all 6 Toa and Skull Kraata as its now called. Was going to get only one Protector but I might get a few just to use there parts for Toa mods.

This Kaukau scares me. :grin:

Kopaka looks great, but his shins will have to be modded. The sets look good, and the few backgrounds we can see are beautiful. Gotta love those glorious recolors. Thanks for the pics Mesonak, the Hype Train just officially turned into a Hype Rocket.

I'm guessing that yes, this will be a continuation. They wouldn't use the Mask of Life in as prominent a position as that without a sincerely good reason.

Has that image ever appeared in anything before? Because if not, then it probably was specially made for the new line. And it seems to me, if you're going to be making a new render, you might just as well use the correct Mask rather than the incorrect one...

Edited by Lind Whisperer

The golden armour works very well with Tahu's red, but I'm not sure how well it works with Kopaka and it definitely looks very at odds with Onua's black.

What's up with the Fire Protector's weapons?

I just noticed that Pohatu has the armor layer piece on his upper legs, not lower. Nice homage to his wide hips in the original Mata form, I think.

I saw Kopaka first... Day one.

This is by far, so much better than I was expecting.

I cannot believe that they're coming back!

I'm guessing that yes, this will be a continuation. They wouldn't use the Mask of Life in as prominent a position as that without a sincerely good reason.

Has that image ever appeared in anything before? Because if not, then it probably was specially made for the new line. And it seems to me, if you're going to be making a new render, you might just as well use the correct Mask rather than the incorrect one...

I can't imagine they'd change Lewa's element in a continuation. The Mask of Life is probably just a placeholder; after all, we've already seen a different shiny, legendary-looking mask on an unwatermarked image.

OK, I'm definitely impressed with what I see!

My thoughts:

The protectors DEFINITELY have good piece counts (60–66). They use the new blasters creatively as well — Jungle uses it for a crossbow, Stone for a staff, Water for a diver propulsion vehicle, Earth in its torso, Ice as a simple cannon, and Fire on its shoulder. Earth and Fire have beefier torsos than the others. The Protector of Fire has a blended mask; I wonder if all of them will when the sets are finalized?

The Toa look great, though. It's kind of a bummer that the big ones all use gold and the mid-size ones don't, but the color schemes all look great individually. Masks look amazing. Fans of classic BIONICLE's high-detail molds are going to love the new shell detail with the pistons and accordion joint. Heck, even I love it, and I'm a huge advocate for the newer and smoother shapes. It is the perfect compromise between detail and smoothness, not considerably more elaborate than the other shell detail pieces. A lot of weapon molds are shared between sets, which might bother some people, but I like seeing how they use the same parts in different ways.

Piece counts for the Toa are a mixed bag. Lewa and Gali have suitable piece counts for the $15 price point, but Pohatu is straggling a bit with just 65 pieces — less than the corresponding Protector. o_O As for the $20 sets, their piece counts are not all that impressive. 99, 98, and 109 — all better than the $20 Chima constraction sets, but not by much. And if Lord of Skull Spiders is in fact a $15 set, one has to wonder how it manages a piece count of 149. Besides, of course, that it appears to boast a Technic function of some kind. What a lot of people thought to be white or tan on Pohatu actually appears to be silver — a possibility I was sort of considering.

The Skull Spiders look suitably fearsome, as does their leader. Have you noticed that its name on the package is "Skull Krata"? Possibly preliminary (it's hard to imagine that every set name listing we've seen before is wrong), but that might excite older BIONICLE fans.

The packaging all DOES seem to be similar to the current Speedorz packages, with an elaborately folded cardboard box for each. I'm cool with that, though it'll be a shame if it's not resealable.

Overall, I'm extremely pleased, but that doesn't mean I don't have any misgivings. I hope there are still aspects of these sets we haven't seen that might answer some of our lingering questions.

Ok, more detailed thoughts:

Tahu: looking really cool, like how much he uses the new armour piece. Squared Hau is a bit odd. Also, I can see he has some sort of chunky technic backpack. Cheap way to drive up the price, Lego.

Kopaka: Looks to be the biggest. Cool Mask. Brain attack chestplate (prelim?), rahkshi staff piece (prelim?). Proper titan looking Body. Glorious shield piece (see also Tahu).

Onua: Looks big, as he should, PURPLE!, gold and silver together why?!, mask looks like takutanuva exclusive Krakaan.

Gali: Decent, not all trans unfortunately, mask looks a bit evil, hope all that yellow disappears from the weapons, Trans Blue bones.

Pohatu: Mask cool and recognisable, BROWN!, unfortunately no tan (silver instead, did we learn nothing from 2008?), TRANS YELLOW!, something going on inside the torso I can't make out. Rahkshi staff sticking out of his back? huh?

Lewa: Long legs, weird as hell mask, nice axe pieces, shoulderpads?, Keetorange?

Defenders: Not clone sets, cool, at least one has a 2 toned mask, recolours of pyrox flame, skull spiders look freaky.

LoSS: (err, skull Kraata, what? it doesn't even look like a slug!) cool printing, legs made of glatorian necks (prelim?), much trans orange

Edited by Timeline15

The Skull Spiders look suitably fearsome, as does their leader. Have you noticed that its name on the package is "Skull Krata"? Possibly preliminary (it's hard to imagine that every set name listing we've seen before is wrong), but that might excite older BIONICLE fans.

Easy explanation. The sets were renamed for other countries. It happens all of the time with movies(seriously, Google it. You'd be surprised the names they come up with.) Someone thought "Krata" was a real word, and it wasn't translated, and the name was switched to one that could be translated.