If that was the case, why not put it on the site? Heck, why not just confirm the line outright?

Secure or not, Lego's servers are still their property, and to go sifting through them and making their contents publically viewable without permission is in my view an act of intrusion.

Many things point at that happening at Comic Con in a month. A teaser website is probably going to be released at that point anyway. I think you're making a far bigger deal of this than it is. If any harm was ever done to LEGO, the picture of the stand did far more than this. I dare say this actually benefits LEGO. It confirms what we all basically know and shows enough to keep people excited and discussing but not enough for any competitor to rip off LEGO's products ahead of time. Of course I can just keep this to myself next time, if that's what you prefer?

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

Many things point at that happening at Comic Con in a month. A teaser website is probably going to be released at that point anyway.

Those haven't happened yet.

If any harm was ever done to LEGO, the picture of the stand did far more than this.

I can agree about that. I'd be interested to know what the leaker's motive was in doing so.

Of course I can just keep this to myself next time, if that's what you prefer?

I appreciate you want to share new information with others, but also think you should at least only post it to places where leaked content discussion is allowed, rather than posting it on the front page of a site that until now has been prohibitive.

Still, I guess things are where they are now.

I appreciate you want to share new information with others, but also think you should at least only post it to places where leaked content discussion is allowed, rather than posting it on the front page of a site that until now has been prohibitive.

So your issue is that I posted it on BZPower? I'm a Reporter on BZPower, I've been on that site for over nine years and it's still a special website for me. You can be sure that if I find something like this that, on top of that, actually complies with our guidelines and is consequently suitable for our website, BZPower is definitely going to be the first site to benefit from it. Anyway, no offense, but please leave the decision whether it's okay for the BZPower main page to the BZPower staff, that I'm a member of. If our administrator has a problem with it, you can be sure he'll tell me and I would bear any consequences it would possibly have, so don't worry about that.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

Wow, people will literally complain about anything.

Anyway, does anyone have any idea how long we'll have to wait to expect follow-ups on LEGO.com? Surely this has happened before - people finding Ninjago pictures on the cache a while before release, etc.

Wow, that looks way better than the mask in the stand! I have to wonder what set it might come with assuming it does.

Just throwing in my thoughts on that mask - it looks like it's wearing Kini Nui on its head.

NOW YOU WILL NEVER UNSEE IT!!

So your issue is that I posted it on BZPower?
Anyway, no offense, but please leave the decision whether it's okay for the BZPower main page to the BZPower staff, that I'm a member of.

My main issue is that you entered Lego's server and made publically available something they haven't decided to do that with themselves (yet at least). The issue about BZPower is simply that posting it there seems contrary to their leaks policy. But if you and the other staff decide it's not, that's up to you.

Disappointed they didn't keep the whole tiki/tribal look. This one is kinda overly complex and hard to read, sorta like the Nuva masks.

Edited by WARHEAD

My main issue is that you entered Lego's server and made publically available something they haven't decided to do that with themselves (yet at least). The issue about BZPower is simply that posting it there seems contrary to their leaks policy. But if you and the other staff decide it's not, that's up to you.

Actually, you make a good point - why in the heck did BZP post a topic about the photo? Doesn't that go against their own Leaked Content Policy? Seems amazingly hypocritical.

EDIT: Off topic, but this is the first time I've seen Kahi on here...

Edited by Jakura Nuva

URL guessing, eh? I mean, if BZP leaks it... does it still qualify as a leak? Chew on that!

(probably still does)

ANYWAY legit, son. A bit over-the-top, and doesn't really look like any of the masks we've seen so far, but hey. Exciting!

Does anyone else think it could be the Mask of Creation?

That could be the case... still looks to me like the Kini Nui is on top of that mask, though :P

I hope TTV puts up a vid for this.

Edited by Jakura Nuva

Unlikely, even if it would be a nifty representation of it. If it is, it would likely be a drastically retooled version; destroying the ability to create new things is a bit more nuanced than I'd expect from a new BIONICLE, at least in its first wave.

So, can anyone use this particular URL manipulation to find the Elves and Pirates theme pictures for next year? I tried my hand at it with no prevail.

aaannddd TTV already has a video up on it. Those guys work fast XD.

Regarding the mask, it looks very thin at the bottom. I hope it covers the face properly. :/

To me those horns on the "crown" part look like they could end up being the claw pieces used as the little spiders legs. Perhaps this is what they look like worn as mask, with this special golden version being the one we get with LOSS?

aaannddd TTV already has a video up on it. Those guys work fast XD.

Regarding the mask, it looks very thin at the bottom. I hope it covers the face properly. :/

Answers my question, then :P

To me those horns on the "crown" part look like they could end up being the claw pieces used as the little spiders legs. Perhaps this is what they look like worn as mask, with this special golden version being the one we get with LOSS?

#KanohiKiniNui2015

It doesn't seem there are any connection in there, rather just molded.

Edited by GK733

Actually, you make a good point - why in the heck did BZP post a topic about the photo? Doesn't that go against their own Leaked Content Policy? Seems amazingly hypocritical.

EDIT: Off topic, but this is the first time I've seen Kahi on here...

I didn't enter LEGO's server any more than any random visitor. No hacking or anything of the sorts involved, just educated guessing of the address. The image is an official image from LEGO on their servers, so it's allowed on BZPower - as Black Six has confirmed.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

I didn't enter LEGO's server any more than any random visitor. No hacking or anything of the sorts involved, just educated guessing of the address. The image is on LEGO's servers, so it's allowed on BZPower - as Black Six has confirmed.

-Gata signoff.png

I know that now, Makaru has explained it for me

You're forgetting that, in the last piece of story we got, Velika was going round killing everyone he considered a possible threat to him. Karzahni was his first victim, and he was Artakha's brother.

Artakha himself was last seen in a Great Being fortress on Bota Magna, arguing with Tuyet, Miserix, Brutaka, Axonn, Vezon and Helryx... while Velika was outside working on rigging the place to blow. If he succeeded, it's possible that Artakha's mask was blown far away, and the Toa have to reclaim it. That's just my two cents.

That makes sense, though I doubt that plot is going to be followed upon. I think it's more likely that Artakha gets reused in a reboot, keeping his main traits (appearance, powers, abilities, etc..) but with a somewhat different story role.

I should also point out the Mask of Creation is described as having slanted, pointed eye slits. Basically it has evil eyes.

This mask, prelim included, does not.

That's true as well.

Of course this is just speculation, since we don't even know if the new story will use Artakha. Either way I'd really like to see him some way, I find him such a cool character. It's really a pity we never got a set of him (we could've had him instead of those vehicles in 2008, dammit! /endrant).

Just to clear things up, leaked images are generally images that are either stamped "confidential" or have clearly come from a retailer catalogue- such as the images we saw earlier. This image comes directly from Lego.com's servers, and is fair game unless we are asked to take the photo down. (This is Eurobricks policy but I would assume BZP follows a similar suit)

You can now also view it on our frontpage, credit was given to BZP- great job snagging the URL and thanks Gata for noting it here.

In other news, I've finally changed the title of this topic! :oh:

Photo deeplink -

gallery_1621_273_55909.png