If the companies who own the rights to the BIONICLE movies decide they want to publish them again I doubt the LEGO Group would have any reason to stop them. I recently saw BIONICLE: The Legend Reborn and LEGO: The Adventures of Clutch Powers being sold as a double-feature, probably to cash in on hype from the LEGO Movie. For that matter, you still see plenty of horrible My Little Pony movies being republished despite having no connection to the current My Little Pony series that has done so much to rejuvenate and redeem the brand.

I don't think that older BIONICLE stories would necessarily be any more problem for the LEGO Group than older Transformers, My Little Pony, and G.I. Joe stories are for Hasbro. But the LEGO Group won't be deciding to republish older BIONICLE media of their own accord. That decision is in the hands of the distributors who happen to have the rights to that media. And as long as the LEGO Group is still getting royalties from it I doubt they'll raise a stink about it.

It's just that the story and toys presented would have bugger all to do with the new content, even though we're possibly getting a reboot so newcomers don't have to follow all of the old continuity.

but I'm all for including a few betrayals and people with secretive agendas in the story. It'd certainly spice things up a bit.

This makes me wonder if we'll ever have characters like Nidhiki and Brutaka again.

I'm all for 'Bionicle' making a comeback, getting a reboot or whatever, and I am really very excited that it could actually be happening very, very soon.. but I don't want 'Hero-Factory' to just end. Yeah, I know we probably won't get an explanation as to who received the stolen Hero-Factory building and operation plans, and we probably won't see Nex or Stringer return.. but I'd like at least one more wave before it goes, gone for good, or until it too receives a reboot. I'd be especially pleased if they released a Makuro figure, constraction or otherwise :-D

'Hero-Factory' and all the bots who work for it, out in the field and inside the Factory tower have grown on me. Maybe not bots like 'Mak (Megahurtz?)', but still.

(Actually, I did rather enjoy how cheesy the radio-show was. Wish they'd done a 13th episode, or would it have been 12th? Hmm. It's been a while since I've listened to those things.)

I know it's not very likely that they'll continue 'Hero-Factory' AND have 'Bionicle' going, but one can dream, right?

Also, relating to 'Bionicle', 'Onua' looks gigantic. Not saying it's bad, just saying it's different. Something I'll have to get used to I guess.

I like this idea that the spiders are minions of Makuta, or whatever villain they decide to use this time around. I'd also like the idea of a traitor character in the future, maybe included with a cape because capes are cool. :-P

One VERY important thing:

how about vidya?

BIONICLE Heroes was 8 years ago, just sayin'. (also, a shame Bara Magna never got its own videogame).

My bet is a 3DS game on year 1.

I've been told that HF is done with, Cirkit. Sorry.

(also, a shame Bara Magna never got its own videogame).

How can you forget the gloriously complex gaming experience offered in Glatorian Arena?

I'd love a new video game. And one that's not exclusive to Vita or 3DS (mainly because I don't own either).

And if it has the aesthetic of Bionicle: The Game, all the better. Still remains one of my favorite art styles. Of anything.

I'd love a new video game. And one that's not exclusive to Vita or 3DS

Two games got Ninjago, two games were on handheld.

The second came out just two weeks ago, I don't think BIONICLE will receive a different treatment (sadly).

How can you forget the gloriously complex gaming experience offered in Glatorian Arena?

How could I :P

Edited by TwistLaw

I had a dream last night where Hero Factory continued alongside Bionicle. There were more beasts and Battle Machines - most memorably, a very chunky white beast, and also a new white Hero.

Don't think this will be reality though.

So... Basically following the 2001-2003 plotline? Rahi, Bohrok, Rahkshi all servants. Then reveal Makuta?

But Makuta was revealed in the end of the 2001 when Toa Mata fought him at the end of MNOG. You know, the tentacled entiny with spinning Bionicle pieces, always so much cooler than the titan guy. Didn't come as a set though.

Also, relating to 'Bionicle', 'Onua' looks gigantic. Not saying it's bad, just saying it's different. Something I'll have to get used to I guess.

I'm quite at home with Onua being gigantic; he is the toa of earth after all, it kinda makes sense (to me at least).

Also, does anyone know if the story is a reboot or a continuation?

Looks like my idea is popular :P

And agreed with you on Makuta, Pate-keetongu. I was very excited when we finally got a Makuta set but I was puzzled as well: so the Master of Shadows is a big grey and red guy? Ok.. I still think giving him ice blue eyes was genius, though. Too bad all other deciptions gave him cliched ZOMG RED EYES OF PURE EVIL.

If Makuta comes back as the main villain (and I think it's very likely), I'd like if he was more similar to his 2001 form- something more slender (yes, the double entendre is intentional), surreal, and pure black (I'm sick of red and black bad guys really). And since Onua is bringing tr purple with him, what about that as his secondary colour? : O

Edited by Shakar

I'm quite at home with Onua being gigantic; he is the toa of earth after all, it kinda makes sense (to me at least).

I do hope he has massive hands though. If this follows the original version he must have massive hands, otherwise It's not Onua to me. Looking buy the picture he's much larger on top than before but carries a club and I can't see anything that resembles "massive hands", looks more like little but articulated hands to me :(

I'd like Teridax, if he were to return, to have more 2001 in him too.

Go for a pure black colour scheme, for one thing. I dunno why, but I don't like purple villains. From there, keep the yellow eyes from the MNOG. As in, actual trans-yellow eye pieces, not the same trans-lime that they tried to sell as yellow in 08. THen give him interchangeable parts on his back, one set being bladed tendrils, the other being wings. And finally, include the parts for an infected Defender, with a Hau. Of course, no guns for him, though.

I'd like Teridax, if he were to return, to have more 2001 in him too.

Go for a pure black colour scheme, for one thing. I dunno why, but I don't like purple villains. From there, keep the yellow eyes from the MNOG. As in, actual trans-yellow eye pieces, not the same trans-lime that they tried to sell as yellow in 08. THen give him interchangeable parts on his back, one set being bladed tendrils, the other being wings. And finally, include the parts for an infected Defender, with a Hau. Of course, no guns for him, though.

When did they ever try to sell trans-lime as yellow? Now that you mention that, though, I'd like it if BIONICLE had a greater variety of eye colours than in the late days. Also, I'd be happy to see seperate pieces for the head and the eyes again.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

If Makuta comes back as the main villain (and I think it's very likely), I'd like if he was more similar to his 2001 form- something more slender (yes, the double entendre is intentional), surreal, and pure black (I'm sick of red and black bad guys really). And since Onua is bringing tr purple with him, what about that as his secondary colour? : O

Isn't Teridax dead?

My "Dream" Makuta design would be something along the lines of something tall and lanky with large, poseable claws and an Infected Hau, maybe with some wings or something, as well.

Isn't Teridax dead?

Reboots, guy.

When did they ever try to sell trans-lime as yellow? Now that you mention that, though, I'd like it if BIONICLE had a greater variety of eye colours than in the late days. Also, I'd be happy to see seperate pieces for the head and the eyes again.

-Gata signoff.png

This.

When did they ever try to sell trans-lime as yellow? Now that you mention that, though, I'd like it if BIONICLE had a greater variety of eye colours than in the late days. Also, I'd be happy to see seperate pieces for the head and the eyes again. -Gata signoff.png

In 08, when the Phantoka came out, the catalogue said that the Toa and Av-Matoran had "Yellow eyes", and the Makuta and Kra-Matoran had "Red eyes". Sure enough, it was more trans-lime and trans-orange.
Isn't Teridax dead?

Reboot. And let's be honest, we thought he was dead when he got a door dropped on him. It's not like they couldn't say he shoved his spirit into a Mask or something when the moon hit him. Or, since it was never officially revealed that the green cloud that merged with the Skakdi fusion was Zaktan, retcon that to being part of Teridax's essence.

Edited by Lord-Vorahk

I do hope he has massive hands though. If this follows the original version he must have massive hands, otherwise It's not Onua to me. Looking buy the picture he's much larger on top than before but carries a club and I can't see anything that resembles "massive hands", looks more like little but articulated hands to me :(

Aw, that sucks.

Also, are there any better pictures of the sets around? Only one I've seen is the display stand thing, but I couldn't really make out each set too well

Aw, that sucks.

Also, are there any better pictures of the sets around? Only one I've seen is the display stand thing, but I couldn't really make out each set too well

Nah, there isn't more yet. But I took some time and cropped all of them (maybe not in right ratio).

http://imgur.com/a/tVL7C#0

In 08, when the Phantoka came out, the catalogue said that the Toa and Av-Matoran had "Yellow eyes", and the Makuta and Kra-Matoran had "Red eyes". Sure enough, it was more trans-lime and trans-orange.

Reboot. And let's be honest, we thought he was dead when he got a door dropped on him. It's not like they couldn't say he shoved his spirit into a Mask or something when the moon hit him. Or, since it was never officially revealed that the green cloud that merged with the Skakdi fusion was Zaktan, retcon that to being part of Teridax's essence.

Pretty sure the cloud was confirmed to be Zaktan and Teridax was confirmed to be definitely deceased Edited by Chro

Reboot. And let's be honest, we thought he was dead when he got a door dropped on him.

But he was never said to be dead, nor planned to be. Whereas the 2010 arc was meant to conclude the main storyline, and if they want it to stay concluded, he'll probably have to stay dead.

But he was never said to be dead, nor planned to be. Whereas the 2010 arc was meant to conclude the main storyline, and if they want it to stay concluded, he'll probably have to stay dead.

If Redstars main mission was to resurrect everything dead in Matoran Universe, then why Teridax wouldn't be stuck in there too?

If Redstars main mission was to resurrect everything dead in Matoran Universe, then why Teridax wouldn't be stuck in there too?

Doesn't resurrection in Bionicle require a physical body to be left over?