I think that, for now at least, there won't be a ton of leaks coming out. I'm expecting some sort of confirmation by LEGO probably around September/October with a few product listing leaks around then, but aside from that I don't forsee too much for right now. Though TBH, that in-color stand picture is enough to keep me hyped till it actually comes out.

-Star

I'm very saddened by what is going to be the end of hero factory. But I'm also happy for the return of bionicle, and I believe it had a bigger fanbase than hero factory, so I'm going go be glad to be a part of that :)

Didn't Front say that there were no plans to end HF any time soon? I realise that this is Front I'm talking about, so any post he makes could literally mean anything, but that seemed like one of his less ambiguous ones. It would be quite a lot of contstraction sets for Lego to release at once though. :/

HF seems to be falling apart, honestly. the books are cancelled, the loose ends are ignored, and the whole thing is going nowhere. By this point, it seems like the heroes have had more new bodies than they have personlity traits.

Probably because people keep expecting new information around every corner, when leaks have almost always been short and infrequent. We get some images, then nothing else for a month because that's all there really was to show.

That's how the hype machine works. It's like they prey on our silence.

Didn't Front say that there were no plans to end HF any time soon? I realise that this is Front I'm talking about, so any post he makes could literally mean anything, but that seemed like one of his less ambiguous ones. It would be quite a lot of contstraction sets for Lego to release at once though. :/

Could you give an exact quote on that? The only thing he said that was similar to what you mentioned; the building system.

"CCBS balls are the new black" :P

As far as I am aware (source being the leaker), HF is not going to continue

Hey, guys! I'm back from my month-or-so long break from this web- OMG BONKIL CONFURMD SOOO EXCITD

In all seriousness, could this mean the end of Hero Factory? Or will the two themes be able to run alongside each other? Only time will tell the fate of Hero Factory....

Although I hope it doesn't end because it still has all of those plot threads that need to be tied together. Which means it'd need at least one or two more waves before it could end.

yeah,I can't seem to find Front's quote now. :/ Can't say I'll miss HF all that much, but I really wish they had resolved Von Nebula's escape, and the stolen Factory blueprints.

Hey, guys! I'm back from my month-or-so long break from this web- OMG BONKIL CONFURMD SOOO EXCITD

In all seriousness, could this mean the end of Hero Factory? Or will the two themes be able to run alongside each other? Only time will tell the fate of Hero Factory....

Although I hope it doesn't end because it still has all of those plot threads that need to be tied together. Which means it'd need at least one or two more waves before it could end.

As we've observed: HF never ties up loose ends. Breakout is the most obvious case, and since we've seen nothing relating to Von Nebula, Villain Factory, or any of that interesting stuff since 2012, I doubt they'll pick it up now.

Guess I'm the last one to know, lol. Thank anyone for releasing the High-Res pic. You could tell they are using Chima's 2014 gold armor on a few of the Toa sets. Can anyone tell me if Gali has one or two pick-axes?

And since we have variety of gold pieces through out the Sets, you could probably make Takanuva pretty easy :thumbup:

Anyone think they make Katia again, it sure would be alot easier with CCBS

Last thing: the stone defender has hind legs, wonder if thats throughout the defender line

So, does anyone have any guesses as to the price point of these sets so far? I think it'd be about $10.00 for the matoran sized sets, $20.00 for the Toa sized sets, & $30.00 for the bottom titan-sized sets

So, does anyone have any guesses as to the price point of these sets so far? I think it'd be about $10.00 for the matoran sized sets, $20.00 for the Toa sized sets, & $30.00 for the bottom titan-sized sets

No way any of those are $30 sets! I expect $10 for the defenders (age range 6–12), $15 for Lewa, Pohatu and Gali (age range 7–14), and $20 for Tahu, Kopaka, Onua, and Lord of Skull Spiders (age range 8–14). This seems consistent with the size of the packages, and with the price points and recommended age ranges for this year's Hero Factory sets.

I hope the height of Tahu, Kopaka, and Lewa isn't too much greater than the heights of the other three Toa. I've already basically given up on the possibility of the new Toa being 7 inches or 18 centimeters on average.

Edited by Aanchir

Honestly that was something I hated about Hero Factory's story. It started getting interesting with Breakout and that cliffhanger, but that was losing the point of the Hero Factory story anyway. There was never any closure for anything. Just made the story look half-assed and was one of the reasons I wasn't invested in IFB. Like seriously. What are these beasts and why should I care? What happened to the brains, or the blueprints? Where's Nex and Stringer? Why does Von Nebula, a significant antagonist I might add, show up for no reason in Breakout to break his own staff, or why does his hand show up at the end? I'm not expecting everything to be handed out to me, but an endless series of cliffhangers that never get solved kinda kill my suspension of disbelief.

I've been kind of out of the loop, has there been any information about Hero Factory's sales?

It may be that they shied away from existing story and switched over to minifigs as an attempt to counter a sales slump. I dunno.

No way any of those are $30 sets! I expect $10 for the defenders (age range 6–12), $15 for Lewa, Pohatu and Gali (age range 7–14), and $20 for Tahu, Kopaka, Onua, and Lord of Skull Spiders (age range 8–14). This seems consistent with the size of the packages, and with the price points and recommended age ranges for this year's Hero Factory sets.

I hope the height of Tahu, Kopaka, and Lewa isn't too much greater than the heights of the other three Toa. I've already basically given up on the possibility of the new Toa being 7 inches or 18 centimeters on average.

Doesnt matter to much dude. Even ifn they are we should be able to changeit easy from the HF draw

Tahu has 2.0 torso shells for greaves, meaning that his lower leg bones are going to be about the length of the longer leg beams from Bionicle Classic.

I've been kind of out of the loop, has there been any information about Hero Factory's sales?

It may be that they shied away from existing story and switched over to minifigs as an attempt to counter a sales slump. I dunno.

Doesn't seem terribly likely to me. I'm sure the sales have slipped since the theme began, because as a general rule that's what sales do... BIONICLE's sales peaked in 2002 but its decline was long and profitable regardless.

The LEGO Group rarely releases any specifics on a theme's sales except to say that it met expectations, failed to meet them, or exceeded them. If they release anything more specific than that it's usually to describe sales that are particularly exceptional (like LEGO Friends and Ninjago sales in those themes' debut year), not to describe sales that aren't worth bragging about.

One thing I will say is that if Hero Factory sales were really on a steep decline, the first reactions I'd expect to see is a decrease in the total number of sets released, and a decrease in the average price point of a set (like in the case of the BIONICLE Stars). That has not been the case. Although there were fewer sets per wave in 2013 than in 2012, and fewer in 2012 than in 2011, this year there are actually the same number of sets as there were last year, not counting co-packs or polybags.

This year's sets also hit higher price points than last year's. The Brain Attack series had six $10 sets, six $13 sets, two $20 sets, and a $35 set ($225 total, $15 on average). The Invasion from Below series had four $10 sets, seven $15 sets, a $20 set, two $25 sets, and a $35 set ($250 total, $16.67 on average). To me that doesn't seem consistent with the reaction I'd expect from a sales slump.

Edited by Aanchir

Has anyone tried to make a mock-up in LDD of the new designs? I kinda tried to do it with the Jungle/ Air defender:

14766768674_d9aa7a85a1_n.jpg

Edited by Kamen Rider Kiva

Has anyone tried to make a mock-up in LDD of the new designs? I kinda tried to do it with the Jungle/ Air defender:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3916/14766768674_d9aa7a85a1_n.jpg

I think you may be overestimating his height. Part of that might of course be wishful thinking (I like Matoran to be shorter, generally), but from the picture it looks to me like the lower legs might be the same Reddish Brown 3M beams from CHI Mungus. It also looks to me like the set's shoulders and hips are a lot narrower than that design. I have a feeling that maybe it uses the XT4 torso...

The Defender of Fire has a much beefier torso than the Defender of Wind, but shorter arms and legs. It's good to see that there will be some considerable variety in the design of the Defender sets. The Defender of Fire has the same narrow hips as the other ones, though, which makes me think that its design is still based on the XT4 torso or a variant thereof (just with custom shoulders, maybe sort of like those of Frost Beast).

I also have a feeling there is a new armor shell for the torsos of both the Defender of Wind and the Defender of Fire. It appears to have a similar level of detail to a Breakout torso shell, but fitted to a smaller torso, and still narrow at the top so it can fit between the two 3M shells that make up the Defender of Fire's chest. Perhaps this might also be used as a leg shell on some of the larger figures? It seems to slightly resemble Kopaka's lower legs... It may not be a shell, but rather a shell detail, but either way it seems very useful.

Edited by Aanchir

Looking at the sets again. Noticed Lewa has silver and gold on his lower leg, and I can't really tell what piece it would be. New add-on? Seems to be a lot of new pieces on these sets.

Also, does anyone else love how vibrant these packages are? They're all so bright and colorful. I can tell right away these are going to pop on the selves.

Looking at the sets again. Noticed Lewa has silver and gold on his lower leg, and I can't really tell what piece it would be. New add-on? Seems to be a lot of new pieces on these sets.

Also, does anyone else love how vibrant these packages are? They're all so bright and colorful. I can tell right away these are going to pop on the selves.

True, that's one of the main things that kinda leads me to believe that this is a continuation, the last time we saw any really vibrant colours was in the Glatorian/ Stars bit of Bionicle. Quite a bit of Bionicle had a very muted colour scheme up until then. That, and that (IMHO) the masks/ armour look kinda like the previous versions of the Toa Mata combined. :/ Idk, I think we'll just have to play the waiting game until then.

Hq7WRWk.png

Guys, any thoughts on this?