I'm out for three days and this happens... jeez. I'm overly excited. Was there a rumour for official reveal tomorrow or what?

Edited by GK733

Apparently the mystery box to be unveiled is about Minecraft sadly.

And wow, now I DO see Mata Nui. That has to be intentional, though I still can't see what could that mean.

Apparently the mystery box to be unveiled is about Minecraft sadly.

Unless you have any sources to back up this rumour, I doubt it. We already know that Minecraft sets are regularly being released, they're working on a minifigure scale series, and we've even seen the minifigures themselves... so why be so secretive about it?

I noticed the Mata Nui symbol. I think it could be a sign that this may be a future continuation (or just a very different reboot)--maybe Mata Nui is in danger, or they need his help, since he lives inside the Ignika. Or it could be an changed reboot, of course.

As for skull spiders, I doubt that's the final name--and if it is, I doubt skull will replace mask. The names we have are a badly translated list.

I still think tomorrow's reveal could be Mineceaft--the Comic Con crowd would get pretty excited about it, so a buildup makes some sense. Still, I would love for it to be Bionicle!

Something I realized — if the Matoran blasters ARE the same ones from the Wookiee Gunship, that completely lays to rest any doubts that the images are not in fact real. The Wookiee Gunship has been revealed for less than a week. Unless these images are real, there is absolutely no way that a piece that was never seen before would show up prominently in these pics, from multiple angles.

Hi all,

For those who are interested, Bionicle is making a come back next year!

Apparantly, there are rumours that details are to be announced at Comic Con!

Unless you have any sources to back up this rumour, I doubt it. We already know that Minecraft sets are regularly being released, they're working on a minifigure scale series, and we've even seen the minifigures themselves... so why be so secretive about it?

To build anticipation.

They did the same with the Sea Cow at ToyFair.

Have the Minecraft sets actually been shown yet?

To build anticipation.

They did the same with the Sea Cow at ToyFair.

Have the Minecraft sets actually been shown yet?

Not to my knowledge, I've just seen the prototypes.

Even with it pointed out, I have a hard time seeing the Mata Nui symbol on the mask. I mean, yeah, I can see it, but it looks way out of proportion. The "legs" are far too short, for instance. Honestly, I think it's just shadows on the ridges of the mask: between the eyes and nose, above the eyebrows, etc.

I still can't quite work out Lewa's mask and what's happening there. Did they completely remove the smile?

They may have removed the smile from his mask, but they haven't removed his smile from our hearts!

d9b.png

Is this the end of Hero Factory? Or maybe Hero Factory will go further towards the minifig sets leaving Bionicle the 100% constraction niche.

that smile is horrifying. o_0. One the new one, I can't really tell what the mask looks like. It looks almost Hordika-ish to me.

Edited by Timeline15

well this just about blew my socks off.

Alright, analysis:

TAHU: Gold and red(it looks like all of them have gold as a secondary). I can't be sure, but it LOOKS like he has an assembled shield/surfboard to balance out the teensy little gold daggers he's wielding in the picture. Love his redesigned mask. His spider villain looks green or some kind of tan.

KOPAKA: His is the most recognizable mask from the start. He's got those big new blade parts in White/Trans blue. Looks like the same pieces that Tahu is using for his lavaboard. Also wielding a hooked spear? Looks a little out of place, but The rest of him looks solid. can't wait for clearer pics, since a lot of him blends into the background. His spider is grey, or maybe silver.

ONUA: aw man... My favourite of the original six got bulky. I like his original design because it was skinny and the claws and mask made him looks kind of creepy. Oh well. Diggin' hammer looks okay. Not sure about the silver. Can't make doodly squat out of that mask. Spider is the same color as Tahu's.

LEWA: Mean and green wielding twin axes. I hope the blade parts are green in the final set, tho. Colored weapons always felt more elemental. Can't really say much about this one yet. Mask looks cool, but I don't see a lot of the original in this. Spider is Blue.

POHATU: Boomerangs look neat, and he is classically bottom-heavy. Not sure if I like the mask, but the color scheme of dark orange and white seems fine. Spider in this one is Blue like Lewa's.

GALI: Some kind of scary golden anchor pickaxe? Well this gal means business lol. That aside, she's a color mess. Classic blue is good, but I'm so done with silver. Mask seems off. Spider is the same color as Kopaka's.

SKULL SPIDER: The legs look cool, but unstable. the face does indeed look like a chest plate, which is neat. Golden mask included looks nice, possibly reversable?

LITTLE DUDES: Cool compact designs. Trans colored elemental weapons are a win for me, and it looks like they all have the same mask in different colors. I doubt these are matoran or turaga. Probably some other entity. It looks like they use some different colored spiders than the three that come with the toa. And purple. YUSSSSSSSS.

Other notes: It looks like the Spiders have some construction, and possibly posable legs, which would be nice. Not sure, but it almost looks like they have mask abdomens.... God, how I would love a classic masked rahi approach.

There's a lot to take in, but well just have to wait and see what clearer pictures provide. Right now, I'm thinking that a lot of stuff is still in prototype phase, so the final sets might be colored differently, have better molds etc.

And I really dislike that gold mask on the top of the display.

It's got a bad case of the peoples.

Is this the end of Hero Factory? Or maybe Hero Factory will go further towards the minifig sets leaving Bionicle the 100% constraction niche.

I had hoped that Hero Factory and the new BIONICLE could coexist if Hero Factory continued to focus on constraction-based battle machines with minifigure pilots and BIONICLE took its place with full-size humanoid action figures. But sadly I'm beginning to think that's very unlikely, just judging from the size of this BIONICLE lineup. Thirteen sets in one wave is a lot compared to what Hero Factory had been offering us (for reference, that's the size of last year's summer Hero Factory wave and Legends of Chima constraction wave combined). And while that's pretty much to be expected given the excitement that a new theme tends to generate in its first wave, I don't think it would leave much room in the product portfolio for even a small Hero Factory wave.

I'm not too broken up about it, of course. I doubt I'd have been able to fully invest in both BIONICLE and Hero Factory anyway — not without cutting out some of the System themes I collect. But it would have been really cool to see the constraction category as a whole expand to include a wider range of themes.

The Lord of Skull Spiders has a golden mask with four pegs, where you can put legs to make a golden spider.

Defenders are probably matoran, but they all have the same mask.... Randomized masks?

"Dispenser" could sell masks or skull spiders

All toa sets include two masks. Although they are golden on the box, perhaps the set contains the same mask in a different color.

All defender sets include Gatling gun from Wookiee Gunship set.

Multiple types of skull spiders: White, black, green, blue, and maybe more, as well as multiple leg types.

Skull spiders, since having a body made of a mask, could attach to the face of an adversary and take control.

Maybe all masks have the four pegs to turn into a skull spider?

Hah. SKULL spiders....

Hype?Hype.

I do believe this has the potential to be a good, solid reboot for Bionicle. Fingers crossed, folks!

If you look closley, the mask with the big spider set looks like the Ignika on the back of Vezon's head...

For some reason, I'm not as excited about the rebooting of the bionicle theme.

For one thing, bionicle was discontinued because of it's convoluted story, and adding a reboot could be disasterous.

Well, anyway, my thoughts.

The figures do look pretty cool, though.

For some reason, I'm not as excited about the rebooting of the bionicle theme.

For one thing, bionicle was discontinued because of it's convoluted story, and adding a reboot could be disasterous.

Well, anyway, my thoughts.

The figures do look pretty cool, though.

Why would a reboot be disastrous? If anything it'd bring back a well-loved theme while discarding a lot of that convoluted story, "starting fresh" in a way that Bionicle couldn't really manage to do while it was still running.

Okay so I has this idea about how the story may work this year.

Remember back in 01 where we had the Toa Mata, The Matoran and the Turaga all introduced in the same year? I think they might change that in this reboot (assuming for this post it is a reboot). Also assume that the defenders are not Matoran or anything similar of the sort. I think that this may be a direct prequel to what will be the story line of 01. Seeing as the more than likely wont be canisters, maybe the Toa will be awake on their journey to Mata Nui. This means that there isnt a flood of main characters in the first wave of sets like G1. We get to meet the main characters before all the others so it makes it easier to understand. In 2016 there could even be a MNOG remake that takes place before the Toa even arrive at Mata Nui.

This is just pure speculation though.

Looks like the mystery box at Comic-Con is the UCS Tumbler. A little bit of a disappointment, since we already knew it was coming. Maybe Lego will announce Bionicle or Minecraft on Sunday, but probably not.

Also, apparently Asger Johansen put Hero Factory under past projects. This tells us that Bionicle could be coming in a winter wave, since it's likely that Hero Factory's final wave is IFB. http://dk.linkedin.com/pub/asger-johansen/4/4b3/555

Something I realized — if the Matoran blasters ARE the same ones from the Wookiee Gunship, that completely lays to rest any doubts that the images are not in fact real.

I am COMPLETELY sure those are Wookiee gunship blasters. I can see studs being launched in the Wind Defender's set. And yes, it was a mistranslation, the element is not jungle, but wind.

Edited by Zenerius