[/size]

Well, I didn't say that it wouldn't be returning (I believed it was returning anyway! :wink: ), I just thought the numbering was strange. I didn't notice any blurry set numbers actually, but then again I'm completely useless at picking out details on blurry leaks :grin: But your conclusions do sound very interesting to me, they've definitely got me stoked for these new Bionicle sets. I love the sound of all of them. All I can say is... bring on the next round of leaks! :laugh:

I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth with that quote, I just thought it would make a good point to anyone who is still suspicious. I'm so happy you noticed that!

It's both lucky (and it makes sense too) that LEGO would pose the sets in a way that shows all appendages and tools as clearly as possible, so I felt pretty confident in my guesses. Unless it turns out that each Toa has 3 extra limbs :laugh::wacko: .

Edited by the last chronicler

And, I forgot to add this but tlc's post seems to confirm it: I'm worried that Lewa, since he's called the "Master of the Jungle", might have been changed to be a plant elemental.

Remember there was a lot confusion ever since 2001 about the element of green sets? Which is why, in Lego's attempt at reboot we all know as Bara Magna, green sets were given a plant/jungle theme instead. Heck even Ogrum, in a year where villains were element-themed, had a plant theme.

Now that the new Lewa seems to feature brown, looks like they might have done the same this time... I can't say I'm happy, Lewa is my favourite Toa Mata, but at least it shouldn't be hard to replace brown with lime..hopefully.

Keep in mind that while the green sets were from the jungle tribe in 2009, the green Glatorian still had air powers, so nothing would need to change there.

If we do indeed get the six Toa Mata back, that is definitely not what I expected. Not sure what to make of this.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

Keep in mind that while the green sets were from the jungle tribe in 2009, the green Glatorian still had air powers, so nothing would need to change there.

If we do indeed get the six Toa Mata back, that is definitely not what I expected. Not sure what to make of this.

-Gata signoff.png

Yeah, now I remember. I never watched Legend Reborn so the image of Gresh creating a tornado was a pretty small one inside my head.

Still, the idea of Lewa having brown in him..just too weird to me. It doesn't help that I'm not really a fan of brown. And Kopaka with gold...eh.

But hey, I'm not complaining. Give me new masks and armour and I'll tweak what I don't like, as usual. Anything to get the Toa Mata back. At this point the only thing that really worries me are the masks. Mouths?

Edited by Shakar

So, does everyone believe this is a full on reboot instead of a continuation?

I'm still holding out hope that this takes place in the future, possibly on Bota Magna, so ten years of backstory aren't needlessly erased. Sure, the story can be (and should be) detached from what's come before to cater to new audiences, but throwing out all that continuity would be a hell of a waste.

I'm still holding out hope that this takes place in the future, possibly on Bota Magna, so ten years of backstory aren't needlessly erased. Sure, the story can be (and should be) detached from what's come before to cater to new audiences, but throwing out all that continuity would be a hell of a waste.

But all the remaining loose ends would have to be covered if this takes place in the future, and I have a feeling that's not going to happen :cry_sad:

Also anyone find it odd that there appears to only be one villain in the winter wave. I mean, I know it could be like a pre 2008 split, but the fact that one villain is just thrown into the winter wave seems a little odd to me (a large, spider villain to top it off).

But all the remaining loose ends would have to be covered if this takes place in the future, and I have a feeling that's not going to happen :cry_sad:

Also anyone find it odd that there appears to only be one villain in the winter wave. I mean, I know it could be like a pre 2008 split, but the fact that one villain is just thrown into the winter wave seems a little odd to me (a large, spider villain to top it off).

I think it's like the glatorian Legends where only stronius was a villain

Would they do that again? Kids (and not only kids) want bad guys for their heroes to fight with. One villain to buy in multiples sounds kinda boring to me (and so it did in 2009).

No, they don't, if this is set far enough in the future. Which I think I would prefer to a reboot but hey, we'll see.

-Gata signoff.png

Boy, it's been a while since I've been online. If Bionicle really is coming back (which it sure seems to be), then I might just have to get some of them despite having lost interest in LEGO. What an exciting development!

No, they don't, if this is set far enough in the future. Which I think I would prefer to a reboot but hey, we'll see.

-Gata signoff.png

Greg or someone else could always bridge the gap via a novel or even bioniclestory.com (assuming it gets brought back up).

I think those "defenders" are actually bad guys, it would have more sense to have 6 good guys + 6 bad guys + 1 titan bad guy. But meh, we will see, hopefully soon.

Edited by Voxovan

Would they do that again? Kids (and not only kids) want bad guys for their heroes to fight with. One villain to buy in multiples sounds kinda boring to me (and so it did in 2009).

Agreed, though I'm glad they're releasing the team at once. As much as it made sense releasing half-heroes half-villains in 2008, I prefer a united team release. But that's just me

Agreed, though I'm glad they're releasing the team at once. As much as it made sense releasing half-heroes half-villains in 2008, I prefer a united team release. But that's just me

No, it's not, I agree. I understand the logic behind releasing the heroes in two waves and I accept it, but personally I prefer them all to be released in a wave.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

That list has me pretty excited about Bionicle 2.0. I'm curious to see whether or not they use the Hero Factory BA head or a new head piece all together.

Edit: On the subject on the storyline, I don't care if it's a reboot or a continuation, I've stop following the story back in late 2006/early 2007.

Edited by DOTM Shockwave

Has the purported clear version of the second image actually been uploaded somewhere?

-Gata signoff.png

Okay, at the risk of getting in trouble with admins for creating another account and yadda yadda yadda, I needed to post this information.

Okay, so the site this came from is Russian. There just so happens to be a Russian speaking bionicle fan, and I went and asked him about it. I talked to Vlad Lisen(Rhymes Shelter) I asked him to give me a translation, that way it came from a real person, not google, not a phone, not anything electronic. Here's what he sent back.

Hi bro, yeah i'm speak russian and ofcourse i can translate those names to ya:

LEGO Bionicle 70778 Jungle protector

LEGO Bionicle 70779 Stone protector

LEGO Bionicle 70780 Water protector

LEGO Bionicle 70781 Earth protector

LEGO Bionicle 70782 Ice protector

LEGO Bionicle 70783 Fire protector

LEGO Bionicle 70784 Lewa jungle master

LEGO Бионикл 70785 Pohatu stone master

LEGO Бионикл 70786 Gali water master

LEGO Бионикл 70787 Tahu fire master

LEGO Бионикл 70788 Kopaka ice master

LEGO Бионикл 70789 Onua earth master

LEGO Бионикл 70790 Lord of Skull Spiders

smth like this

and you know, it's very strange, and i think it's fake

Take that as you will. Not a huge difference from what's floating around but its coming from someone who speaks fluent russian and pretty good English from what interaction I've had with him tells me. I'm more inclined that Protector is more of a good guy than anything.

With that I'll take my leave if I absolutely need to. I just wanted to get this information to the core discussion since I happenedt to remember someone who speaks Russian and bothered to ask what the translation was.

Edited by Thirdeye88

Talking of the Storyline, i don't know what would be best, a reboot opens various doors, but essentially will be the story that we know, with some changes,maybe good, maybe not... and a cotinuation wouldn't waste all the past events, but i may be difficult for newcomers.

whatever LEGO does(if it does), just be happy if BIONICLE returns... :sweet:...kinda (it depends how also...)

however... i was trying to get better translations, but the resuts were hilarious, and kinda the opposite:

LEGO Bionicle 70778 jungle Defender

LEGO Bionicle Defender 70779 stones

LEGO Bionicle Defender 70780 water

LEGO Bionicle 70781 protector of Earth

LEGO Bionicle Defender ice 70782

LEGO Bionicle Defender 70783 fire

LEGO Bionicle 70784 Left master of the jungle

LEGO Bionicle 70785 "PlayStation 2 the wizard stones... seriously!

LEGO Bionicle 70786 Ghali water Wizard yeaaah... wizards

LEGO Bionicle Tahu 70787 master of fire

LEGO Bionicle 70788 4 master of ice

LEGO Bionicle 70789 Onua Wizard land

LEGO Bionicle 70790 Skull Lord of Spiders

and i thought Google translator was bad...

Skull Lord?...akward

Edited by Xeros610

Not really Bionicle related, but does anyone know whether there will be any Chima ultrabuild sets in 2015 (or any ultrabuild sets for that matter)?

Hi bro, yeah i'm speak russian and ofcourse i can translate those names to ya:

LEGO Bionicle 70778 Jungle protector

LEGO Bionicle 70779 Stone protector

LEGO Bionicle 70780 Water protector

LEGO Bionicle 70781 Earth protector

LEGO Bionicle 70782 Ice protector

LEGO Bionicle 70783 Fire protector

LEGO Bionicle 70784 Lewa jungle master

LEGO Бионикл 70785 Pohatu stone master

LEGO Бионикл 70786 Gali water master

LEGO Бионикл 70787 Tahu fire master

LEGO Бионикл 70788 Kopaka ice master

LEGO Бионикл 70789 Onua earth master

LEGO Бионикл 70790 Lord of Skull Spiders

smth like this

and you know, it's very strange, and i think it's fake

Well, the only change i see is the word protector, wich is kinda the same as defender... oh and Lewa, spelled correctly...

besides I don't like that the element change to jungle... it just doesn't fit,maybe just because of where he lives, but, seriusly?? personally, I just hope the "green" sets doesn't have brown... that leave it for the Land ones :tongue: and at least have air powers... just sayin' lv2

Not really Bionicle related, but does anyone know whether there will be any Chima ultrabuild sets in 2015 (or any ultrabuild sets for that matter)?

not really, or at least the BIONICLE hype just blinded us...nah, i think we just don't have such info now...

Edited by Xeros610

Take that as you will. Not a huge difference from what's floating around but its coming from someone who speaks fluent russian and pretty good English from what interaction I've had with him tells me. I'm more inclined that Protector is more of a good guy than anything.

With that I'll take my leave if I absolutely need to. I just wanted to get this information to the core discussion since I happenedt to remember someone who speaks Russian and bothered to ask what the translation was.

If you're worried, you can just the supposed leaked information from your post, as it was already posted a few sites back. :P

-Gata signoff.png

Okay, at the risk of getting in trouble with admins for creating another account and yadda yadda yadda, I needed to post this information.

Okay, so the site this came from is Russian. There just so happens to be a Russian speaking bionicle fan, and I went and asked him about it. I talked to Vlad Lisen(Rhymes Shelter) I asked him to give me a translation, that way it came from a real person, not google, not a phone, not anything electronic. Here's what he sent back.

if the defender is a good guy, that means it will be 9 good guy set and only 1 bad guy set. this looks kind of odd, considering lego always try to balance the amount of good guy and bad guy set each year. even on the early bionicle era, we always got it balanced, with one wave of good guys and one wave of bad guys. therefore, i think it makes more sense if the defender is a bad guy set.

I think the defenders/protectors/whatevers are good guys. Furthermore, I think they'll take the route they took in IFB where the Hero sets came with a jumper. Something similar could happen where the Defenders and/or the Toa also come with small spiders. (Plus I think I see spiders in the display image).

In terms of the names, I like 'em. I don't think I'd mind Lewa being a jungle character. He could still possess wind powers but be jungle themed? I don't know. And I'm glad the entire team is back together. At this point, I just hope the sets look good.

Personally I think that the Defenders are the six Element Lords which our heroes are pitted against for whatever reason. As for the Skull Spider though, I have no idea.

I agree... There was a lot of hinting in the legend reborn about the Element Lords deserting them and Mata Nui convinced they had survived... If I were to wager a guess perhaps the element lords created new and more advanced beings (I.e skull spiders) and no longer have need for Toa so they have returned to destroy their previous creation... I dunno though

If the new story focuses on the Toa Mata looking for masks, The Defenders/Protectors are probably beings that guard the masks the Toa Mata need.