Still a little skeptical of this, since it kind of came out of nowhere, but otherwise I'm stoked.

Edited by Zenerius

I'm pretty sure both images are black-and-white, so it's possible that some packages are lighter in color than others but there's no way to tell anything more than that from the images.

If these sets do all come in cardboard boxes as the images suggest, I for one am gonna really miss the resealable pouches. :sad: It's great to have a container that you can empty out and press flat without ruining its storage function.

The second one was actually in color, just VERY blurry.

Anyways, I actually do not expect Hero Factory to run side by side with a new bionicle line, since Lego may believe one big constraction theme might cannibilize the other; a problem that has never occurred with the smaller spin offs lines, like Chima.

Edited by TheGreatSpirit

The second one was actually in color, just VERY blurry.

Anyways, I actually do not expect Hero Factory to run side by side with a new bionicle line, since Lego may believe one big constraction theme might cannibilize the other; a problem that has never occurred with the smaller spin offs lines, like Chima.

Perhaps this BIONICLE reboot will be just a side theme? I don't really know how that would work, but since we don't have any absolutely solid proof Hero Factory is being replaced by this, then maybe this will just be a homage or reminder. Just a thought.

EDIT: Wait a second.... You know that Solis Magna project that planned on making their own Bionicle sets and "continuing" the theme?

Looks like their job is done before it even begun.

Edited by Zenerius

Perhaps this BIONICLE reboot will be just a side theme? I don't really know how that would work, but since we don't have any absolutely solid proof Hero Factory is being replaced by this, then maybe this will just be a homage or reminder. Just a thought.

Intriguing concept... If that is the case then it's a different story. However, if Bionicle is making a full on comeback, then I don't think they can run side by side... after all, the general public see them both as just buildable robots. :P

EDIT: Oh yeah, I even have an account on that site! Haha

Edited by TheGreatSpirit

Intriguing concept... If that is the case then it's a different story. However, if Bionicle is making a full on comeback, then I don't think they can run side by side... after all, the general public see them both as just buildable robots. :P

Makes sense, only the older fans would really care about what theme it is. YFOLs who are unfamiliar with Bionicle will probably just pass and get an HF or Chima set. Guess that rules out my theory.

I wonder what it means by "Wobbler: Two in a set. Order separately."

Perhaps there are two masks in a set? That would be pretty nice.

Edited by Zenerius

Which itself could have been the base for the BIONICLE image; not that hard to shop.

Ok then. If you honestly believe it is photoshopped, go find pics of what ever mocs the person used.

Photoshopping something is relatively easy. Making it look convincing........not so much.

Edited by Jetrax99

it really looks like there's an additional mask in each set- even the 'toa' figures have one on the ground. Really hoping this means another quest for the masks thing. Maybe a complete remake, but following another story arc?

Just notice the Visorak looking critter has six legs, not four... Rahi?

Ok then. If you honestly believe it is photoshopped, go find pics of what ever mocs the person used.

Photoshopping something is relatively easy. Making it look convincing........not so much.

Maybe he made his own. Anybody remember "Outlaws"?

That said, the main mask totally looks like a modified Avsa.

I've been wrong before, and I'm not trying to be hypernegative or anything, but these pictures have not convinced me of their legitimacy in any way.

Maybe he made his own. Anybody remember "Outlaws"?

I've been wrong before, and I'm not trying to be hypernegative or anything, but these pictures have not convinced me of their legitimacy in any way.

Yes but the difference between this and outlaws is that the guy who made outlaws said himself it was just a fan made thing. The guy who leaked this has told the guys at TTV they are 100% legitimate and that the second image going around too mich may cost him his job.

Now, I'm all for remaing skeptical until we get more, but crying "fake" just because? No.

Edited by Jetrax99

Isn't that exactly what someone who wanted people to believe a hoax would say? Again, all of this could be real; if this turns out to be legitimate, nobody would question the evidence (or lackthereof). But that's precisely what makes these situations so easy to take advantage of; complete uncertainty, coupled with vague statements and plausible scenarios, create this idea of something that doesn't exist.

The pictures I see do not seem real to me; more than that, they look like they were faked. I'm not saying this "just because", I'm just trying to express appropriate skepticism.

Also do not forget that these aren't the leaked photos that LEGO themselves (or the retailers that sell their products) "leaked" themselves. These aren't leaks that were made to fuel sales, because having them a year early (if they're for summer 2015) or a good number of months (if for winter 2014/2015) wouldn't make much sense, especially for the former. So a non-official LEGO leak is obviously going to be lower quality. So you cannot compare this to previous "leaks" we've encountered.

Also the picture will obviously look less credible when its a picture of a printout, and the paper itself has been folded. And we can be sure this is before the stage where the product has been mass produced already and the displays have been set and photographed.

Edited by Lord Oblivion

Can somebody PM me the second image? I only saw a very pixelated version of it and I'd like to see it.

Previous retail catalogue leaks are actually leaks, no need for the conspiratorial quotes. Those coming out prior to controlled finalized images are bad for business, as they allow competitors time to mimic or complete bootlegs and competing products.

Can somebody PM me the second image? I only saw a very pixelated version of it and I'd like to see it.

The image itself was very blurry, you aren't really missing on anything. Speaking of the image, before it was removed, I recall sighting a white and red being; the white one clearly had a Superhero ultrabuild chest piece. Im not entirely sure which one, but I believe one of them was a titan. Apart from that and the spider, I could not see anything else :sceptic:

EDIT: Just did a bit of digging into older threads on this forum. From what I can see, set names and numbers typically start appearing in August :sceptic:

I suppose I'll just have to be patient.

Edited by TheGreatSpirit

It sounds legit, but then again, it could be my hopes and dreams making me believe this is real, i am not going to criticize it before it gets officially released

So there're two pictures? I've only seen the box display one. What's the other? (if someone wouldn't mind sending me it, that'd be great)

So there're two pictures? I've only seen the box display one. What's the other? (if someone wouldn't mind sending me it, that'd be great)

It's REALLY not much to see. It's so blurry all I can tell is that there are boxes and some colours.

Check your PMs guys. ;)

Also, the B and I letters on the logo remind me of the The Hobbit logo.

What do you think? Does this look real or not? Do you have any more information? Post it below!

Interesting, if their real that is, either way as long as they use the "HF build system", I'm happy.

If this is legitimate, I'm a bit worried how they will handle the story.

I was someone who liked Bionicle's continuing and complex story. As I recall, one of the reasons Bionicle ended was because the story was hard to jump into if you were new to the theme. So with Hero Factory, everything is done on an episodic basis- What happens in the previous year hardly has an effect on the next. Some episodes leave with some sort of cliffhanger that is never gone back to, as a sort of "you imagine the rest" sort of thing. Oh, how thrilling. With the return of Bionicle, likely the story would acknowledge what has been done before, but it'll be a new story arc, and most likely more simplified. There no telling if we will get the comics, the same amount of books, and whatever other goodies Bionicle gave us before. But if it's done on an episodic basis, then it won't nearly be as dramatic as before, because the event will just be forgotten next time around.

That's always been the thing with Bionicle to me, is the story and the marketing. Yeah, it was a building system, and change is good. I'm interested to see how Bionicle adapts the new system, and if this is a hoax and it's a different theme, I want to see how the new theme handles it. if it's Hero Factory, I just hope we don't see minifigures again. But with Bionicle, everything, from the books to the comics to the interactive things on the website (which were actually somewhat fun compared to what we've had lately) really gave me those memories. And with sets, things like part tubs, store exclusives, the sheer number of sets compared to HF, it's just things that really said Bionicle to me. And if that doesn't return, then Bionicle isn't 100% Bionicle to me.

Isn't that exactly what someone who wanted people to believe a hoax would say? Again, all of this could be real; if this turns out to be legitimate, nobody would question the evidence (or lackthereof). But that's precisely what makes these situations so easy to take advantage of; complete uncertainty, coupled with vague statements and plausible scenarios, create this idea of something that doesn't exist.

The pictures I see do not seem real to me; more than that, they look like they were faked. I'm not saying this "just because", I'm just trying to express appropriate skepticism.

Why do they look fake to you?

-Gata signoff.png

Okay, I'll list the evidence that supports this is real, and what makes it look fabricated.

Real:

-Came from a reliable(?) source

-Multiple sources had the image and revealed it all around the same time

-Guy could lose his job for leaking

-Images surfaced around the time of the "Leak Season"

-Images seem authentic, and looks similar to other preliminary sets

-Asger Johansen mentioning a new theme for 2015

Fake:

-Images surfaced out of nowhere (Don't most prelims do that?)

-Although in leak season, still very early for prelims

-Very easy to photoshop

-Second image (boxing plans) is VERY blurry, almost unrecognizable

-No confidential watermark

-"Separately" is spelled wrong, written as "Seperately"

If any more evidence is found, let me know.

Edited by Zenerius

I've got a bit mixed feelings on this one. Firstly, I'm surprised to see that there is lot of people saying "Whee, it's my dream came true!". Was Bionicle really that great, or were we just on the right age? I have hundreds of good memories with Bionicle, but honestly. Most of the media was quite average "to sell toys" stuff, especially the last years. No, I'm not saying there would be anything wrong with being fan of bionicle (or anything else), and I still love things like MNOG and all the other Templar stuff and Faber's work and Advance's animations, but that doesn't mean that calling a theme with particular name makes it awesome. Time will tell how much money and work they will but in this - if these are real. I can see them being photoshopped, black and white and the lack of stamp makes me suspicious. But it looks quite well done hoax if it is one.

If they are rebooting Bionicle, I would have hoped they would have done it ten or five years later. 4 or 5 years are not enough to fill my nostalgia-o-meter nor make me feel seeing Bionicle logo on a shop breathtaking. It's just okay, well, same stuff again.

When it comes to sets, HF system with more machine-like looking parts could be good; there are a few HF parts suitable for this, including "Captain America leg guards", "Fire-theme machine shell" and the others - you know what I'm talking about. But if they end up making sets with Piraka torsos and twelwe Bordakh staves... GET OUT.

This is the main thing I'm worried about... That was the first thought I had.

This is winter 2015 right? As in early next year? :look:. Hero Factory needs at least one more arc to give it at least a little closure...