Mazin

What other pirate movie franchise could Pirate sets be based on?

Black sails is nice. Would be way better if it didnt dabble that much with the perpetuous esoterical search of each protagonist's sexual orientation... Nevertheless a nice background for pirate afol inspiration

Not exactly a pirate film, but I'd love some sets of Master and Commander: The Far Side Of The World.

- The two main ships; The Surprise and The Acheron.

- A chance to bring back Islanders from the trading post scene. (although they were more sophisticated.)

- A Galapagos set with some new exotic animal molds.

It's not really a children's film, so it won't happen, but I'd love some sets inspired on the above mentioned points.

Edited by Captain Ignatius Flotsam

The Master and Commander movie is based upon 21 novels by Patrick O'Brian.

Having the Pirate's theme based upon this book series would be great. Each wave of sets could be based upon another book. My HMS Charlie that I built ages ago was based upon the HMS Sophie from the first book. And the Spanish Xebec-Frigate would be a nice set too.

Honestly, I had never heard of many of these films/shows until reading this thread. We've all seen numerous Mocs from PotC, some of them remakes of the official sets, and Mocs are probably as close as we'll ever come to most of these ideas. Vitreolum's Monkey Island builds illustrate this idea well. The forum has gotten a bit slow again - perhaps someone should build some of these ideas, aye?

Looks like I've got some reading to do! pirate_laugh_new.gif

I think they're great books based upon actual maritime history. He uses seamen terminology a lot. If you're a landlubber, you may not understand what's happening some of the time. :wink:

I think they're great books based upon actual maritime history. He uses seamen terminology a lot. If you're a landlubber, you may not understand what's happening some of the time. :wink:

Thankfully most of the time, everybody explains to Dr. Maturin what this and that is. pir_laugh2.gif